Old Spice Thickening System

Luis aguilar

Anyone whose alot smarter than me (pretty much everyone here ), do you think this new Old Spice Shampoo to thicken hair is worth it? Or would cause problems and dependency in the long run?

Id like to try but not sure if the ingredients is a distaster waiting to happen

Thank you :)

revenant

Can't even find the ingredient list, but based on their product descriptions it's vitamin C, biotin and castor oil. Nothing new there. Probably won't do harm or good.

Ras

Oh really ?I didnt know that, Im more considering now :)
I know of at least study which showed that topical castor oil is not absorbed; it also debunked the use of castor oil packs. As another user said, the oil is difficult to remove. And how can a shampoo, whose function is to remove oil, contribute any meaningful absorption of an oil which has been shown in at least one study not to be absorbed topically, especially when the shampoo is on the scalp for a brief time? It's a gimmick whose only certain outcome will be the loss of your money.

Korven

I know of at least study which showed that topical castor oil is not absorbed; it also debunked the use of castor oil packs. As another user said, the oil is difficult to remove. And how can a shampoo, whose function is to remove oil, contribute any meaningful absorption of an oil which has been shown in at least one study not to be absorbed topically, especially when the shampoo is on the scalp for a brief time? It's a gimmick whose only certain outcome will be the loss of your money.

Also there's no proof that castor oil in the triglyceride form will promote PGE2 - you have to eat it for digestion to cleave off the ricinoleic acid from the glycerol backbone

revenant

It is, I've seen some people taking it orally. Not sure about negative effects of that.

1-2 ml may boost hair growth (not just on the scalp though), more than that might give you diarrhea. I was going to say it's also quite high in PUFA but had to double-check and it's actually mostly MUFA. So maybe not super harmful from a Peaty perspective.

Though I'm not sure increasing PGE2 is considered healthy here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals