Okay I really am now lactose tolerant -- here's what I did

I had posted falsely that I was able to tolerate lactose after being lactose intolerant -- I posted this in error, at the end of 2020, but now I really am able to handle lactose just fine. Here's what I did.

Note that when I was a kid I would drink a lot of milk, but stopped drinking milk as a teenager.

I noticed months ago that when I quit even eating ice cream -- which I could always tolerate-- and when I tried ice cream again it caused me problems (diarrhea, stomach upset, gas). So I knew that my body had been making SOME lactose, but was now making none, meaning this is a switch that can be turned off -- or on.

I did it this way. Added 1 tablespoon of regular milk to LF milk...then a few weeks later increased it to 2 tablespoons...and so forth...took me a few months but now I can drink regular lactose milk without a problem. I had tried to push it too fast. When you first add some regular milk to LF, you may feel some slight digestive discomfort, but you shouldn't feel much. After awhile your body adapts. I just had to go really slowly. I had pushed it too fast before.

I buy regular milk now.

fr@

Nice, I'll try that approach once I'm out of Milk.

Meanwhile I'm just brute-forcing my way into Skimmed Milk (back then: gurgling stomach, diarrhea, farts; now: just farts *but not much as it was).

OP
ecstatichamster
Nice, I'll try that approach once I'm out of Milk.

Meanwhile I'm just brute-forcing my way into Skimmed Milk (back then: gurgling stomach, diarrhea, farts; now: just farts *but not much as it was).

I tried this, but got a leaky gut and flu like symptoms when I would try it.

Vileplume

I had posted falsely that I was able to tolerate lactose after being lactose intolerant -- I posted this in error, at the end of 2020, but now I really am able to handle lactose just fine. Here's what I did.

Note that when I was a kid I would drink a lot of milk, but stopped drinking milk as a teenager.

I noticed months ago that when I quit even eating ice cream -- which I could always tolerate-- and when I tried ice cream again it caused me problems (diarrhea, stomach upset, gas). So I knew that my body had been making SOME lactose, but was now making none, meaning this is a switch that can be turned off -- or on.

I did it this way. Added 1 tablespoon of regular milk to LF milk...then a few weeks later increased it to 2 tablespoons...and so forth...took me a few months but now I can drink regular lactose milk without a problem. I had tried to push it too fast. When you first add some regular milk to LF, you may feel some slight digestive discomfort, but you shouldn't feel much. After awhile your body adapts. I just had to go really slowly. I had pushed it too fast before.

I buy regular milk now.
Nice, I might try this with A1 milk. Currently I can drink limitless amounts of A2 milk, but A1 is easier to find. Do you drink milk with added vitamins A and D?