OK We So Know Prostaglandin D2 Is The Main Driver Behind Baldness. What Can We Do About It?

nbznj

So you've used both and prefer arimidex? Everything I've read says aromasin is by far the better of the two. Maybe you had some crap stuff?

well I also come from a context where I'm extremely lean. My natural low e2 (before injecting T) was 10 pg/ml. In that context aromasin seems to nuke me no matter how small the dose. Arimidex is in my experience far less powerful and allows me to hit the right spot with more ease.

I've read similar reports from other TRT forums. So I think they are both close.

I'd never take Letrozole though.

nbznj

for me estrogen prolactin stress makes me loose hair. High testosterone DHT low cortisol low estrogen & prolactin grows my hair thick and healthy....I believe DHT only kills hair when it gets way too high because of elevated estrogen. If testosterone is higher than the level of DHT in your body and estrogen is lower and dopamine is normal or high you won't loose your hair....loosing ur hair is a sign of low youth hormones.

i think that's all that matters right here. Well and a clean whole foods diet free of chemicals used by big agro so that you limit inflammation but I guess inflammation is encompassed by the word Stress.

OP
H

Hairfedup

I don't know how much of a role they play, I know zinc & b6 r good prolactin & aromatase inhibitor. I see people saying 6gs of taurine is Better than finasteride for hairloss. Cause its anti cortisol pro dopamine and lowers calcification....I think ashwagandha maybe term long term raises serotonin. Otherwise its ok for relaxation and its anti prolactin, it Raises dhea & ups thyroid.....tongkat Ali is supposed to be anti estrogen, but I don't know cause a few people say it can raise prolactin. So maybe take it with a AI like Estroban or zinc & b6 just to be safe.

Cool. Have you noticed any sides from Taurine?

YourUniverse

for me estrogen prolactin stress makes me loose hair. High testosterone DHT low cortisol low estrogen & prolactin grows my hair thick and healthy....I believe DHT only kills hair when it gets way too high because of elevated estrogen. If testosterone is higher than the level of DHT in your body and estrogen is lower and dopamine is normal or high you won't loose your hair....loosing ur hair is a sign of low youth hormones.
I like this, and I think aspirin achieves all of these outcomes, while blocking prostagladins

OP
H

Hairfedup

I don't know about stomach bleeding; taken with K2 it should be OK but I've not used aspirin yet. We'll see. However if PGD2 is the true devil then we should focus on lowering its production before the other issues, right?

YourUniverse

Aspirin, brain, and cancer
Ray's article lists aspirin as having many anti-estrogen and PUFA-blocking effects, leading one to believe androgens would be a net increase. You said yourself that you dont want DHT abnormally high, as its usually in conjunction with high estrogen. Well, "I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways." -Ray

Also, check out this thread & haidut's response:
Aspirin & DHT

Last edited:

YourUniverse

I don't know about stomach bleeding; taken with K2 it should be OK but I've not used aspirin yet. We'll see. However if PGD2 is the true devil then we should focus on lowering its production before the other issues, right?
The main potential issues with aspirin to my knowledge arent really attributable to aspirin at all, and they are 1) bleeding, which is a need for more vitamin K, and 2) ulcers, which are really caused by H. Pylori bacteria, and call for a round of antibiotics in most cases.

Additionally, if PGD2 is the "true devil", and blocking its synthesis is thus important, then aspirin becomes even more desirable as it blocks prostaglandin synthesis. Aspirin with a low-PUFA diet should save your hair based on whats been discussed in this thread

Last edited:
OP
H

Hairfedup

The main potential issues with aspirin to my knowledge arent really attributable to aspirin at all, and they are 1) bleeding, which is a need for more vitamin K, and 2) ulcers, which are really caused by H. Pylori bacteria, and call for a round of antibiotics in most cases.

Additionally, if PGD2 is the "true devil", and blocking its synthesis is thus important, then aspirin becomes even more desirable as it blocks prostaglandin synthesis. Aspirin with a low-PUFA diet should save your hair based on whats been discussed in this thread

Thanks for the insightful post. Looks like aspirin is on the agenda. Your thoughts on topical cyclosporine? Something that works so well in studies but orga/pharma have stopped us from using.

YourUniverse

My thoughts are that older drugs are safer drugs, and Id focus on my foundation like diet, lifestyle (sunshine, exercise, socializing) and common, high-efficacy drugs like caffeine and aspirin before I venture into cyclosporine or the like. With that said, Im not familiar with this particular drug

OP
H

Hairfedup

My thoughts are that older drugs are safer drugs, and Id focus on my foundation like diet, lifestyle (sunshine, exercise, socializing) and common, high-efficacy drugs like caffeine and aspirin before I venture into cyclosporine or the like. With that said, Im not familiar with this particular drug

Thanks will keep that in mind.

ddjd

Aspirin, brain, and cancer
Ray's article lists aspirin as having many anti-estrogen and PUFA-blocking effects, leading one to believe androgens would be a net increase. You said yourself that you dont want DHT abnormally high, as its usually in conjunction with high estrogen. Well, "I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways." -Ray

Also, check out this thread & haidut's response:
Aspirin & DHT
DHT opposes estrogen, what are you talking about...

LeeLemonoil

How about lipophil, liquid salicylate-esters applied on scalp? Should penetrate better than aspirin dissolved, or confound the effect of dissolved aspirin.

Methylsalicylate, Benzylsalicylate and so forth ...

Also Cedrol seems to work similar to cyclosporin, but is probably much safer:

Preventive effects of cedrol against alopecia in cyclophosphamide-treated mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical application of cyclosporin A induces rapid-remodeling of damaged anagen hair follicles produced in cyclophosphamide administered mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Hair growth promoting activity of cedrol isolated from the leaves of Platycladus orientalis. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
H

Hairfedup

So u think that if u have lower estrogen u can't mature as a man? Since DHT will be low also

Yeah, probably. I remember reading a study a while ago that African-Americans have higher estrogen levels during puberty/adolescence than their counterparts. This was then attributed to higher neuromuscular function etc.

Back
Top Bottom