OJ not agreeing with me :(

jayUK9779

HI i buy store bought OJ not from concentrate pulp free and everytime I try to up my consumption. I become really restless, have terrible insomnia and get really puffy eyes! Any suggestions on what I can do to tolerate OJ better?

:cry:

4peatssake

jayUK9779 said:
HI i buy store bought OJ not from concentrate pulp free and everytime I try to up my consumption. I become really restless, have terrible insomnia and get really puffy eyes! Any suggestions on what I can do to tolerate OJ better?

:cry:
Does the OJ separate when left standing?

If not, it may have been treated with an enzyme technology that puts the pulp back in and this is what is causing you problems.

Until a few years ago, I would drink a couple of quarts of orange juice from pulp-free frozen concentrate every day, then I started noticing those allergy symptoms, and investigated their production processes. They had recently introduced an enzyme technology to make pulp more water soluble. For years, it had been used to dispose of massive amounts of otherwise waste pulp by putting it into the "creamy" or "home style" pulpy juices, but then suddenly the relatively clear so-called pulp-free juice began leaving a residue on glasses, and resisting passage through filter paper, besides causing allergy symptoms. For several decades I have watched as traditionally safe foods have been altered, and have found that many people have developed allergic problems when their favorite foods were changed by new technologies.
The best bet is to juice your own fresh oranges if you can.
Otherwise, try and switch up brands - try the frozen concentrate even - and find the one you tolerate best.

Beebop

OJ doesn't agree with me either. I drink milk, apple juice, eat grapes, sugar, honey and other fruit.

Try Marks & Spencers, their freshly squeezed OJ doesn't use enzymes. (Thanks to someone at Peatarian.com for checking).

4peatssake

Beebop said:
Try Marks & Spencers, their freshly squeezed OJ doesn't use enzymes.
That's awesome. Very hard to find in North America! Times like this I wish I lived in Florida!

Beebop

What's the link with baking soda and OJ Jenn? Sodium-potassium I guess?