OJ Alternatives?

Xhale1991

Hey guys.

I have a condition called LPR. It is when acid from my stomach travels upwards into my throat. I need to eat a very low acid diet because of this or it starts to act up. I've been on the peat diet for 2 days and already the OJ is giving me terrible reflux episodes. Not gonna be able to keep drinking it... which is what I expected would happen before I bought it.

Anyways, any low acid alternatives?

Kasper

I know someone that adds a little bit of olive oil, and then this acid reflux went away for him.

You could also try sodium bicorbanate.

OP
X

Xhale1991

Kasper said:
I know someone that adds a little bit of olive oil, and then this acid reflux went away for him.

You could also try sodium bicorbanate.

Thats a great idea never thought of that.

Hows the taste of BS+OJ?

Ill try adding some baking soda and see how it goes. Im assuming the baking soda increases the PH of the OJ?

Kasper

Yep. It makes it more alkaline. It will tate like fanta, if you add some sugar and sieve it ;)

When I changed my diet, my reflux stopped too! I drank a liter of juice a day when oranges were in season. Drink a spoonful of vinegar to convince yourself: it will seal your cardia very tightly. Once you can manage to poop once a day or more, the incurable disease will vanish.

aguilaroja

Xhale1991 said:
I have...LPR....I've been on the peat diet for 2 days and already the OJ is giving me terrible reflux episodes

There are other especially helpful fruits and their juices:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=588

Both digestive system muscle tone and rhythm/coordination tend to improve when metabolism improves (through Peat-ing), in both routine and "mysterious" cases. Sodium bicarb in o.j. is one good tool.

One helpful tactic for LRP and GERD is to use gelatin. In your case, the orange juice base would sweeten the gelatin and reduce the acidity. For the situation here, thin or thick gelatin would do. Thin gelatin might be more like a beverage. Thicker gelatin delivers more glycine and proline per serving.

I think gelatin often soothes the digestive system in ways both general to supporting metabolism and specific to the digestive tube.

Mittir

aguilaroja said:
One helpful tactic for LRP and GERD is to use gelatin. In your case, the orange juice base would sweeten the gelatin and reduce the acidity. For the situation here, thin or thick gelatin would do. Thin gelatin might be more like a beverage. Thicker gelatin delivers more glycine and proline per serving.
I think gelatin often soothes the digestive system in ways both general to supporting metabolism and specific to the digestive tube.

RP has written a lot about gelatin's beneficial effects. I have noticed
many hypothyroid people have problem digesting gelatine.
Undigested gelatine feeds bacteria and causes major gut irritation.
They usually feel better after stopping gelatinous food.
But,they usually do well on hydrolysated gelatine.

Filip1993

I feel a lot of better since cutting out most fruits and replacing it with sucrose. I guess it's hard to find good ripe fruit. Or maybe the fiber irritates my gut, I really dunno.

Bruv

I usually have orange juice followed by a meal that includes meat and often some gelatin. Would the bicarbonate of soda interfere with meat and gelatin digestion?

managing

A bit of a delay here, but yes. Bicarbonate reacts to the hydronium (ion of hydrochloric acid) in your stomach to form carbonic acid. This sounds okay, but hydrochloric is stronger than carbonic by many many 10x. Carbonic acid is less acidic than a soda. But you are not likely to take enough bicarb to neutralize all of that hydrochloric. That said, there is only one way to discover if it is a problem, which it might not be. If it is, the consequences aren't likely to be unbearable, so give it a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals