Offsetting Chlorination and Red Tide

I moved to Florida Gulf Coast so I could swim year round and now there is Red Tide quite a bit of the time. So now I am looking for hacks that mitigate the harm from chlorine or low levels of red tide. I live in a condo, so I am unable to alter the water in the pool. Swimming is my lifeline after recovering from 40 years with Lyme disease. When I am able to swim, in the morning & late afternoon and my health was better than ever.

I use filters for drinking and shower water, but how can I continue to swim safely?

Perry Staltic

I have my doubts that swimming in a chlorinated pool is so bad, especially when thoroughly showering afterwards. I used to use a sodium thiosulfate shampoo when my hair turned green once (because I apparently wasn't washing my hair when I got out of the pool) so maybe you could find a soap that helps remove chlorine. I think swimming in red tide water is safe for most people and irritation or burning eyes is about the worst reaction.

OP
F
I have my doubts that swimming in a chlorinated pool is so bad, especially when thoroughly showering afterwards. I used to use a sodium thiosulfate shampoo when my hair turned green once (because I apparently wasn't washing my hair when I got out of the pool) so maybe you could find a soap that helps remove chlorine. I think swimming in red tide water is safe for most people and irritation or burning eyes is about the worst reaction.
Thank you for these comforting words. I worry because I know that my blood-brain barrier had been compromised by excess fluoride and Mercury, before I began biohacking.

InChristAlone

The red tide sucks. It's a neurotoxin. Went to the beach last weekend and felt crappy the whole week. Had some throat irritation while there. Swimming if you see dead fish is not okay. Topical vitamin C spray neutralizes chlorine.

OP
F
Ugh ?. Are you in the St Pete area as well? I'm so bummed out. Swimming is the one thing that keeps me healthy.

Did you use the vitamin C spray? Can it be made with sodium ascorbate and water? How do you make it?

InChristAlone

Ugh ?. Are you in the St Pete area as well? I'm so bummed out. Swimming is the one thing that keeps me healthy.

Did you use the vitamin C spray? Can it be made with sodium ascorbate and water? How do you make it?
Near there yes. Yeah I was bummed all summer. We only went twice. I have not use the spray but I have used vitamin C in my bath water to neutralize it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom