Official Hairloss Thread

TheHound

at least weekly there's a new hairloss thread that pops up. it seems many of us are trying to regrow hair so I'm making a thread where we can have all info and what we've tried etc all in one place.

I think the whole hairloss issue is a reason a large amount of people get into the whole peat diet anyways

is it even possible to regrow hair from the typical MPB style? I dunno, all I've seen is a change in texture

have at it!

Dhair

In my case, my hair loss was caused by taking accutane, and since no one knows what accutane's mechanism of action is, there is no cure. I will go bald no matter what I do.
However, if excess PUFA consumption is having a negative effect on your hormones causing you to have excess serotonin , prolactin, estrogen , cortisol, etc., then the diet can do nothing but help.
For me though, the diet is useless for my hair.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

In my case, my hair loss was caused by taking accutane, and since no one knows what accutane's mechanism of action is, there is no cure. I will go bald no matter what I do.
However, if excess PUFA consumption is having a negative effect on your hormones causing you to have excess serotonin , prolactin, estrogen , cortisol, etc., then the diet can do nothing but help.
For me though, the diet is useless for my hair.

have you tried any topicals like solban or massaging?

tallglass13

There has got to be a way to do it naturally... Places like the Belgravia hair clinic have hundreds upon hundreds of before and after pictures some are regrowing a full head after being almost completely bald... Of course with the use of finasteride and minoxidil with laser... We need super smart people to crack this code and find the natural finasteride and natural minoxidil... Hoping idealabs will come up with something soon

Dante

Natural fin would still inhibit 5-AR. I think saw palmetto is a natural 5-ar inhibitor.
Has anyone tried dutumescence massage for atleast an year (what this guy claims Regrow Your Hair, Naturally) ? I simply get bored and leave it after a while. Some people here at this forum and others have reported success.

Orion

natural finasteride and natural minoxidil...

Natural finasteride would be progesterone, but that is tricky for males. Minoxidil increases nitric oxide from what I heard RP mentioned, long term this is not good, so anything that opposes it and increasing CO2 in the scalp tissue in probably a better approach.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

pansterone + androsterone really seemed to improve the texture and feel of my hair. I'm now trying solban with a gram of taurine added to the bottle along with massages

Dhair

have you tried any topicals like solban or massaging?
This won't help. I have lost too much hair already.
No one believes me when I say that I have gone from a full head of hair to norwood 4 in 2 years. but it's the truth.

beta pandemic

hair loss is similr to acne in many ways i think. there can be different underlying causes. My experience: when my yeast infection was at its worst is when i started shedding hair and my hairline actually receeded. i also had dandruff. after i got my infection under control the shedding stopped and hair became thick again. hairline is still an M shape but nowhere near bald.

There are many reports on forums of of men who reversed hairloss and regrew hair from simply using antifungal shampoos.

i agree.. hair loss is a challenge. for me so far, it really seems like digestion is a key factor. i am constantly constipated. like chronically, all the time. even when i get something out, i still feel something inside me constantly. i attribute it to water retention and high estrogen. i have been massively upping my salt and potassium, but i still feel myself not there all the way. i have managed to rid myself of puffy nipples and they are more consistently small, but still, i notice dandruff in my hair and i know it's from my digestion not being where it should. it is very frustrating watching my hair fall, and i am also at a point where my hair is getting worse and worse. i wear my hair long to cover up, but i'm probably a nw2 or nw3 at this point, but it's hard to tell.

said constipation leads to hunger not being there, leading to estrogen overload, leading to more problems down the line... i think it is MPB in a nutshell. i'm not sure though, i might be a more extreme case.

Last edited:
you know what, **** this. i'm not going out of my life in a bald manner. i need to keep my hair. here's everything i know and realized over the past year and a half, many more recently.

first, to cure water retention, you need potassium, magnesium, sodium there. if you have water retention, and you are constipated, fiber (carrot and bamboo) along with cascara will get the bowels moving. I really think this might be a key part. Are you guys constipated at all? This has been huge for me. I directly notice when I'm not constipated, I do not get "scalp itch" no matter what I eat. I also experience a libido boost once my bowels are working correctly. I mean, this in of itself seems like hair loss in a nut shell if this is happening. If my libido is on, I can imagine that my testosterone is being made and is being protective over my body.

next, I do notice sometimes I get very dry scalp. i will get this if i only eat "peaty foods" only all day. like if i just eat dairy all day and only dairy, then i will have dry scalp. however, if i eat something like beef or a lamb shank or a oxtail or something like that, my scalp the next day will have moisture to it and look more full. what is the reason for that? i still am not sure, but i assume it is from zinc or something else like that. i think it is a big part as well. it could be a serious zinc deficiency causing something. i dont know.

obviously, to get estrogen down, bowels need to be moving and magnesium and calcium are required to get that prolactin down. vit D is an obvious need for me due to it absorbing said calcium. finding the balance of vitamin D, vitamin A, all of that is a challenge for me personally. i feel sometimes i get worse when i start taking them and i dont realyl understand the ratios that well. i have had my vitamin D tested a lot and it is usually low. i have blood work paid for that i will get soon that includes cholesterol, D, and prolactin for me to take a look at.

my plan is to get A LOT of fiber and cascara to get my bowels moving, then maybe the system will come online. i do notice i can have a bowel movement very easily in the morning after eggs, OJ, and coffee/milk, but then i start to get worse as the day goes on and get constiapted. i might not be eating enogh throughout the day or something else, i'm not sure entirely.

i do see patterns though. very obvious patterns. i think if you can handle thyroid, that might be the way to go. i think i will try to get thyroid again and get it to work for me.

LukeL

@mayweatherking I think gut health is a key factor in hair loss for sure but I'm not sure if it is the cause of hair loss or its a symptom of a larger issue that makes hair loss worse - I don't experience constipation at all and I still shed but I feel like after my recent dose of antibiotics (2 weeks minocycline) things are moving in the right direction.

If 'peaty' foods are making you constipated you may want to try other foods? Are you taking your Vitamins orally or on the skin? My gut health improved noticeably when I stopped taking fat soluble vitamins orally

In my case dandruff was caused by bad digestion/too much bacteria. Antibiotics eradicated the dandruff quite rapidly.

@mayweatherking I think gut health is a key factor in hair loss for sure but I'm not sure if it is the cause of hair loss or its a symptom of a larger issue that makes hair loss worse - I don't experience constipation at all and I still shed but I feel like after my recent dose of antibiotics (2 weeks minocycline) things are moving in the right direction.

If 'peaty' foods are making you constipated you may want to try other foods? Are you taking your Vitamins orally or on the skin? My gut health improved noticeably when I stopped taking fat soluble vitamins orally

that is really really interesting. you have no constipation, yet you have hair loss? what is stopping you from getting your prolactin down then? i have found constipation to be my biggest enemy in this battle. i mean, if you can get a ton of milk in, and coffee, and cheese and OJ, you should have no scalp itch and you should be able to do it. i mean, sometimes i dont even feel hungry because i am so backed up. thats honestly amazing to me.

i feel like if i didnt have constipation, i would not have hair loss. sometimes i get so constipted i can feel my head literally feel like it is expanding, like there is pressure in my head until i get my bowel movement then, then the pressure will go down.

i was eating other food, but i felt like i was hitting a brick wall and not making any progress. lots of fish, muscle meat, it just made me feel like crap. i wasn't relly getting anywhere at all, still losing, still feeling awful, not really getting any libido or anything.

redlight

Thoughts on Nizoral shampoo?

Also my doctor said if i don't want to take propecia, he recommend this topical, thoughts>?
he recommends one of these formulas
Latanoprost Foam
0.003%
30 mL

Latanoprost/Finasteride Foam
0.003/0.1%
30 mL

Minoxidil/Ketoconazole
Scalp Solution
3/1%
60 mL

Minoxidil/Ketoconazole/Spironolactone/Azelaic Acid
5/2/2/12.5%
60 mL

Minoxidil/Azelaic Acid Lotion
10/5%
60 mL

x-ray peat

I think the answer is red light and near infrared light. The FDA has approved red light laser therapy devices for hair loss. Lots of info on it on the web.

mujuro

In my experience, whenever I do things to reduce estrogen and maximize DHT, my scalp feels instantly more invigorated and lively. I realized I haven't been paying my gut the attention it deserves. I've become really lazy and complacent with my gut health. I took charcoal for the first time the other day and WOW... my scalp, my mind and my energy were better than they've been for a long time.

TubZy

Has anyone tried topical zinc and making their own solution maybe with the picolinate or gluconate form?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals