Official Hairloss Thread

Thoushant

I came across this, not sure what it's worth :

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15405019?np=y&
npKey=3d27b7a22f6dd72c2a680c905eafc7bf8899cd6bed7a313bea5eb8133b2e1d61

The hair follicles deserve separate mention. In 1994 Paus et al. demonstrated hair growth induction by SP in mice during the telogen phase of the hair cycle. They also showed hair cycle-dependent activity of NEP. Our work demonstrates the presence of NEP in human follicles. Although we were not able to detect any difference in staining pattern of telogen versus anagen follicles in this limited sample, the differential staining of inner root sheath in terminal versus vellus follicles and the staining of follicular stela is intriguing and deserves further study. One could speculate that different follicles might be induced or maintained, at least in part by neural regulation.

I like the Neural aspect

In mice(or was it rats..) HF in anagen stimulates HF in close range to anagen too.

several studies have shown igf-1 release from dorsal root ganglia(I guess that means trigeminal nerve) beneficial
And from personal observation, my whole head is half numb, but salp is most affected

kayumochi

In my case, my hair loss was caused by taking accutane, and since no one knows what accutane's mechanism of action is, there is no cure. I will go bald no matter what I do.
However, if excess PUFA consumption is having a negative effect on your hormones causing you to have excess serotonin , prolactin, estrogen , cortisol, etc., then the diet can do nothing but help.
For me though, the diet is useless for my hair.

I took Accutane for a short time in the late 1980's. While I still have a nice head of hair, that drug, somehow, damaged my gut. It is a longish story I won't bore you with but it took many, many years to discover that a Biofilm in my gut was the problem and a supplement called "NAC" was the answer ...

Thoushant

I'm playing around with the idea of fascia involvement in hair loss.
If you look up layers of scalp, there's connective tissue above the galea.
The galea has bony attachment at the occiptal, and to the frontalis muscles, but from the galea, temporalis fascia develops, ear muscles attachs, and the galea becomes more loose tissue(different material, but still connected to galea) and connects to the zygomatic arch, and then goes down to create a masseter fascia.
The neck fascia also makes the inner masseter fascia
I'm saying I think it's very likely the neck and head fascia transmit movement/pull/tension throughout, to aid lymph flow, blood flow, prevent scarring. Imagine the scalp skin and skull as a joint, full movement have to be available.
Untitled Document
Neck fascia have several layers, and in between I see problems for veins/lymph vessels becoming obstructed, and the thyroid gland is "woven" into the middle fascia
PS: Face is fascia free as far as I can see, so I imagine the neck and head fascia as a chainmail aromor.
But apart from that, I think there have to be a healthy skin movement to the top scalp, which might be lost if the head is in wrong position.
If you're familiar with Tom Meyers anatomy trains, the galea is part of the superficial back line, but the SCM are part of the frontal line, and the two SCM are attached behind the head through a scalp layer.
From personal experience, If I really focus on activating my m. digastricus and push my tongue back the throat, before up(but it is hard, as I can feel a lot of thightness in muscles under the jaw) and let my jaw relax forward , I feel relaxation in my scalp 4-5 minutes after, this is one of the very few times, I can let my hand through the hair and it feeling amazing.

So I think what is involved is SCM tightness, excessive occipital extension(head is falling out of your armor) and tight/uneven forces in the fascia. Although, according to Tom Meyers, whole body tension can end up pulling in the area too.

Thoushant

So if you follow the NW scale, try to draw pull lines on the fascia when turning/tilting/moving the head, the galea becomes some kind of ligament between the two frontalis muscles. So it's like there is loss of movement in certain directions.
I think the outer layers of back neck muscles might be tightining the area, preventing natural give and take.

I've read somewhere that turning the head involves deep neck muscles, but if neck area is tight, SCM is the powerful one that takes over. I'm trying to correct my posture, and it's very tight/sore to turn the head, without activating the SCM.

Also, if I turn my head and jaw up I can feel pulsating around my thyroid, so I don't know, there's that too..

Thoushant

So if blood supply to thyroid is dimenished due to physical obstruction, what does that mean for the TRH, TSH circulating?
(I just can't find it, but someone on IH posted an article, of vitamin D and occipital joint relationship)
If the skull is in a bad position, and somehow compensated with cervical flexion, the lumbar spine would be in extension to bring balance.
If the lumbar spine is in extension, it's gonna push against the abdomen content, and push the abdominal wall out. maybe diaphragm is excessively active, so increased abdominal pressure.
Try searching for abdominal compartment syndrome and different organs. Decreased kidney filtration, increased adrenaline, increased glucagon secretion, increased endotoxin absorption, increase RAAS, decreased venous return to the heart, adenosine build up in liver(although don't know what that means..)
Maybe the diaphragm is in such a wrong position now, that it is solely focused on balance instead of breathing. How do we breath? chest breathing ofc. So we hyperventialte wash out CO2, and further tighten our SCM and scalenes. full circle with added metabolic syndrome?

ivy

I've used minoxidil for years and hate how it feels in the scalp. I've also once or twice self-medicated with saw palmetto and got terrible abdominal pain.... I cannot fight the acute seasonal variations I experience in hairloss/growth rate, but the routine that feels best is brushing vigorously for five minutes, then washing with Dr. Bronner's Baby Shampoo, followed by lemon juice rinse (fresh or concentrate diluted in water). I also apply a tonic before blow-drying:

http://www.capel-lo.com/catalogo/detalle/54-tratamentos-capilares/56-tonicos/2067-tonico-active

I wish you could see the ingredient list. It's mostly plant extracts, from what I gather, rosemary and eucalyptus predominantly.

Last edited:

JDreamer

I took Accutane for a short time in the late 1980's. While I still have a nice head of hair, that drug, somehow, damaged my gut. It is a longish story I won't bore you with but it took many, many years to discover that a Biofilm in my gut was the problem and a supplement called "NAC" was the answer ...

Interesting you say that. I got really sick back in 2006 with a severe oral infection and the antibiotics (Penicillin V) really did a number on my stomach. I've had digestive issues ever since, which coincided with hair shedding and a host of other non-specific symptoms.

kayumochi

Interesting you say that. I got really sick back in 2006 with a severe oral infection and the antibiotics (Penicillin V) really did a number on my stomach. I've had digestive issues ever since, which coincided with hair shedding and a host of other non-specific symptoms.

The Accutane created conditions in the gut that allowed the formation of a biofilm. I lived with the effects of this biofilm from the late 1980's until just a few years ago. I pounded NAC for a time but now only need it occasionally t keep it in check.

Birdie

I've used minoxidil for years and hate how it feels in the scalp. I've also once or twice self-medicated with saw palmetto and got terrible abdominal pain.... I cannot fight the acute seasonal variations I experience in hairloss/growth rate, but the routine that feels best is brushing vigorously for five minutes, then washing with Dr. Bronner's Baby Shampoo, followed by lemon juice rinse (fresh or concentrate diluted in water). I also apply a tonic before blow-drying:

Tratamientos capilares - Tónicos | Pelucas y postizos Capel-lo, S.L.

I wish you could see the ingredient list. It's mostly plant extracts, from what I gather, rosemary and eucalyptus predominantly.
I've been trough a lot of shampoos since a couple of years ago when I got sore scalp bumps. Each time, I would pour shampoo into a plastic applicator bottle and fill it up with 3/4 or more of water. Shake it up and it would be enough for several weeks. So, I've been using the same one all winter. A Bonner type. But I want to try yours. My bumps came back this winter. And my hair started coming out more. Instead of about 3, it would be more.

Finally thought it might be too much thyroid. I cut back a bit, and hair stopped falling out. Still the bumps. Thank you for reminding me of the Bonner. Regular baby shampoos have been no help. Just drying even with the tiny amount I use.

Aidin91

Hi all
I want to get your advice and idea about stress and anxiety caused general hair loss.(heavy anxiety and stress)
what do you suggest ?
thanks a lot

brix

After taking 1-2 drops of androsterone with 1-2 drops of pansterone, I am shedding like crazy.:(
I do feel leaner and have a higher libido.
It seems like I either can keep my hair and have no libido, or vice versa.

Rtm320

I am female with hair loss--shedding hasn't been so bad as of late but the shitty regrowth is my issue. I recently have adopted a new hair washing routine--I havent actually 'washed' my hair in a long while (with shampoo). An amazing feat for me especially since I used to wash everyday and had greasy hair. I have a spray bottle of magnesium oil in my shower that I'll use sometimes if I dont have time to take a bath with it. I've been spraying it on my wet hair in the shower and then coat it with conditioner and rinse. Hair feels great (well not great :( thin!) but clean. Hoping the magnesium might be helping a bit with scalp calcification. Not much to report yet but I feel better about this than shampooing everyday in excess. All the best out there, this ***t sucks!

Scenes

After taking 1-2 drops of androsterone with 1-2 drops of pansterone, I am shedding like crazy.:(
I just signed up because finally someone is saying what I am!

My experience is this: increase androgens = feel good, strong libido/confidence/motivation = shed hair.

Decrease androgens (taking progesterone helped) = weak erections, harder to orgasm and less satisfying, nicer skin, hair looks better and stops shedding.

This seems to fly in the face of what everyone on here is saying about hairloss and androgens. I'm told androgens should be protective but anytime I increase testosterone or dht I lose hair like crazy. It's just not as as simple as decreasing estrogen otherwise everyone would be on AI drugs and doing fine.

I emailed @haidut and he said he wasn't aware of anyone experiencing hairloss on increased hormones with his products. @brix here seems to be saying what I am and I'm sure we're not alone.

This is why people turn to finasteride I suppose...the science might look bunk but somehow it seems the only option. I've already done fin for a few years and had a mild improvement in hair, at least retained what I had. Been off it for 3-4 years now tho

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

brix

My experience is this: increase androgens = feel good, strong libido/confidence/motivation = shed hair.

Decrease androgens (taking progesterone helped) = weak erections, harder to orgasm and less satisfying, nicer skin, hair looks better and stops shedding.

This seems to fly in the face of what everyone on here is saying about hairloss and androgens. I'm told androgens should be protective but anytime I increase testosterone or dht I lose hair like crazy. It's just not as as simple as decreasing estrogen otherwise everyone would be on AI drugs and doing fine.

I emailed @haidut and he said he wasn't aware of anyone experiencing hairloss on increased hormones with his products. @brix here seems to be saying what I am and I'm sure we're not alone.

This is why people turn to finasteride I suppose...the science might look bunk but somehow it seems the only option. I've already done fin for a few years and had a mild improvement in hair, at least retained what I had. Been off it for 3-4 years now tho

There is definitely a correlation in my hairloss with increased androgens.
One supplement that helped for a while was Evening Primrose Oil. Don't think it is Peaty because it is Omega-6.
3 grams a day and I only saw 2 hairs in the shower as opposed to around 30 now.

Scenes

There is definitely a correlation in my hairloss with increased androgens.
One supplement that helped for a while was Evening Primrose Oil. Don't think it is Peaty because it is Omega-6.
3 grams a day and I only saw 2 hairs in the shower as opposed to around 30 now.

Why did you stop the primrose oil?

OP
TheHound

TheHound

are either of you taking any vitamin k2? I remember reading another experience on a steroid forum of someone saying increased androgens may cause increased calcification and taking k2 stopped and reversed some of his hair loss from steroids

Scenes

are either of you taking any vitamin k2? I remember reading another experience on a steroid forum of someone saying increased androgens may cause increased calcification and taking k2 stopped and reversed some of his hair loss from steroids

Glad you asked - another case of confusion for me. I'm taking @huidut's k2 supplement and I love it except for the fact that it it seems to INCREASE my hair loss. I put it down to the increased androgens, particularly given I apply to gonads.

The calcification thing doesn't seem to have an impact. I've seen at least one other person on this forum say he stopped k2 because he was losing hair.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Glad you asked - another case of confusion for me. I'm taking @huidut's k2 supplement and I love it except for the fact that it it seems to INCREASE my hair loss. I put it down to the increased androgens, particularly given I apply to gonads.

The calcification thing doesn't seem to have an impact. I've seen at least one other person on this forum say he stopped k2 because he was losing hair.

have you tried anything topical like solban? Pansterone and androsterone have done nothing but good things for my hair. I had hair loss before and within the first week of using both these hormones my hair seemed thicker and the quality increased dramatically. much softer

brix

Why did you stop the primrose oil?

It loses its effects after a couple months. Back on it now.

Taking 5 drops of haiduts k2 daily... same effect as @Scenes
have you tried anything topical like solban? Pansterone and androsterone have done nothing but good things for my hair. I had hair loss before and within the first week of using both these hormones my hair seemed thicker and the quality increased dramatically. much softer

also using solban... still have and dandruff and shedding.

I don't really know what to do.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals