Offal Kidneys And Adrenals

Momado965

Would eating kidneys and adrenals increase stress hormones the way thyroid increases thyroid hormones?

TeaRex14

Eating adrenals may, people often take adrenal glandulars to improve adrenal health. It's not really something I know much about. If low cortisol is the problem taking vitamin B6, increasing your cholesterol, and taking ginseng or licorice root would help.

OP
Momado965

Momado965

Eating adrenals may, people often take adrenal glandulars to improve adrenal health. It's not really something I know much about. If low cortisol is the problem taking vitamin B6, increasing your cholesterol, and taking ginseng or licorice root would help.

Thanks. I dont wanna increase cortisol at all.

Makrosky

Would eating kidneys and adrenals increase stress hormones the way thyroid increases thyroid hormones?
Certainly not from kidneys. From adrenal glands it depends on the part of the gland, it has 3 main parts, each one producing different kinds of hormones.

OP
Momado965

Momado965

Certainly not from kidneys. From adrenal glands it depends on the part of the gland, it has 3 main parts, each one producing different kinds of hormones.

And all are stress hormones. I couldnt find adrenals anyway so thats that.

sunraiser

And all are stress hormones. I couldnt find adrenals anyway so thats that.

Kidneys are a very intense source of selenium - I find pork sausage and bacon to craving to be a more balanced source of it.

We don't have much selenium in the soil here in the UK so bread isn't the best source!

I definitely wouldn't eat kidney for some arbitrary "health purpose", but only when you really really enjoy it.

J

jb116

Kidneys are also very rich in diamine oxidase. I experimented with kidney for better digestive health, as I realized histamine was giving me looser stools and urgency at times. Diamine oxidase is a great anti-histamine and the experiment worked out nicely after a week eating a handful a day before my meals, digestion has changed. If anybody suffers with migraines or any other histamine reactions, give it a shot.

tara

Kidneys are a very intense source of selenium - ...
Not much in the soil around here either.
I definitely wouldn't eat kidney for some arbitrary "health purpose", but only when you really really enjoy it.
Kidneys are also very rich in diamine oxidase. I experimented with kidney for better digestive health, as I realized histamine was giving me looser stools and urgency at times. Diamine oxidase is a great anti-histamine and the experiment worked out nicely after a week eating a handful a day before my meals, digestion has changed. If anybody suffers with migraines or any other histamine reactions, give it a shot.
Looks like several reasons for me to keep enjoying eating kidneys from time to time. :)

fradon

what kind of kidney beef or pork?

OP
Momado965

Momado965

Thank you all for this. Gonna add kidnies back to my diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals