Off Thyroid Meds, Progesterone, High Body Temperature, Belly Fat

cfhunter

[moderator edit: several threads merged]

Temps 99.1 pulse 78 mid day. Is it normal to be warm???? I never have been so i don't know. Like physically warm?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh yes, the furnace of life is being stoked. You will get use to it. I radiate heat like a furnace now. My hands lately have been incredibly toasty. Your energy life force is cranking up. Enjoy. :)

Or could be stress hormones. ;) :p

4peatssake

OP
C

cfhunter

Pretty sure it's not stress hormones. :) ill try not to hit him

OP
C

cfhunter

BUT did want to share. 25 days ago I introduced more carbs to my diet "peat style", then gradually added in the gelatin, milk etc. I went off thyroid medication about 15 days ago bc every time I took it my temp dropped. After removing meds, introducing carbs and not eating pufas 99% of the time I have held temps above 98.1 morning to night. I have a pulse in the 70'sand 80's up from 50 and 60. I got on the scale today and I am three pds down from last week. I hope this is the answer to my 13 year search for better health adn that my libido will whir into gear soon. :)
:lol:

Dutchie

[dir=rtl][/dir
Great cfhunter:)
May i ask what you eat in a day now/what your meals look like?
Btw,does cf stand for crossfit?

Swandattur

I've had my ups and downs since starting my version of a Peat diet. (With allergies I can't eat some of the foods that are recommended.) I feel like I'm going in the right direction, though, because I think my health is improving. I know that eating high carb with no starch has normalized my blood sugars and my appetite. So, those things right there are pretty big. I feel like I'm learning to pay attention to what is going on with my body and do something to fix problems. Today I realized that I was probably feeling extremely anxious about something, because I was hyperventilating. Sure enough when I breathed in a paper bag for a little, I felt much calmer. So, I only just realized the full possibilities of that one strategy.
Anyway, it feels great to see that you yourself can effect a change.

OP
C

cfhunter

Cf (Carmen Faye) not CrossFit. CrossFit is my husbands obsession. :) I am eating pretty strict peat. I hadn't been eating dairy or fruit or sugar of any kind for a long time and ray basically said some people have a fast response to the plan. I hope it sticks

OP
C

cfhunter

Labs just came in. T4 and T3 normal top range, TSH very suppressed (.006 and hasn't changed since I was ON meds). Temps 98.4-99.3 and pulse up between 60-85. ALL DUE TO FOOD changes. Just an update that increased carbs seems to be working for me so far! :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow!!!! That is awesome!!!!

Mittir

Fantastic result. What are you eating now? How much sugar and protein? Any supplement?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
cfhunter, what is your age if you do not mind me asking? Was your PUFA consumption low before starting Peat?

OP
C

cfhunter

I am 42 years old. 13 years ago came off a 12 year bender of HIGH alcohol, HIGH crap food loaded with PUFAS and highly toxic chemical air in my environment in which I worked 70+ hours and partied just as much. I started with lots of issues in joints nad muscles...LOOONG story short and `17 doctors later I was diagosed with hashimotos. I was put on armour thyroid meds that made my joint pain worse...then switched to synthroid...which mad EVERYthing worse. I have done heavy metal detox with red light sauna therapy for almost 9 months (way before peat eating), coffee enemas (YEP it is what it sounds like), copper zinc balancing removing gluten and soy TOTALLY and took Nature throid, napped a LOT, worked on adrenals, slowed exercise and ate paleo and VLC. This was the entire years of 2011 and 2012. Still not well, joint pain and gaining weight I was reminded by a friend about Peat and pulled up an old account I had from last year where I was trying to find answers. I started adding carbs back in and stopped natural thyroid meds two days later bc temps were dropping ON meds. four days after peat eating started had temps in the high 98's and 99. Pulse has gradually gotten better. I started emailing RP and making sure I was on track immediately (I send him money to keep him helping me...I don't believe in free consults). My temps and pulse are holding for almost 28 days OFF meds and labs came back to day as NORMAL in relation to symptoms. I am waking up (peat says high metabolic rate spurs this one and it should calm down with more glycogen before bed) but other wise feel fabulous. Energy is great....muscles and joint pain GONE. I wake and have 3 oz 0% milk with 6 oz OJ (NO pulp) added salt , two cups of coffee with half and half and a tsp sugar, two eggs in coconut oil with cup spinach COOKED WELL with salt, piece of parmiagano cheese, blueberries or grapes. snack is IF I am hungry usually cheese or Milk with a date vanilla and cinnamon in the vitamin. Lunch: oysters or leftovers (we dont eat anything not grassfed or pastured NO grain fed meats or GMO grains ...I check with the mill). Snacks: fruit cheese milk OJ. Dinner (need to perfect this) small amount of meat, small amount of veggies, fruit. Snack ice cream (5 ingredients only), OJ salt. this is a general idea. We also eat shrimp etc. I hope this sticks....I have to say that I have had a major emphasis on stress relief since 2011. I want my libido back but other wise everythign is good.

5magicbeans

Wow. Congratulations!
I'm still dealing with muscle/joint pain/inflammation and this gives me hope :)

p.s. I'm a little confused about this:

"Milk with a date vanilla and cinnamon in the vitamin." ?

Mittir

You have done a lot of work in 2011 and 2012, especially red light sauna and nature throid's
dessicated thyroid. It is very likely that by taking natural thyroid you protected your self from
lots of damages done by VLCD.