Off Thyroid Meds, Progesterone, High Body Temperature, Belly Fat

OP
C

cfhunter

Week four under my belt with no meds and great temps. Just want to start dropping some fat now if possible. In a day and example of what I have will be 2oz oj with dash of salt straight out of bed to stop any stress hormones that happened in the night. two cups of coffee with a tabelspoon of organic half and half in each. I eat two eggs cooked in coconut oil, either blueberries or grapes and a slice of hard cheese (parmiaganno Romano) and have 6 oz of OJ with 2 oz milk and tsp gelatin in it. For snack: jello made with Great Lakes gelatin, a piece of cheese with grapes or berries and always a raw carrot. Lunch: oysters, small amount leftover veggies, Gelatin tsp in water or milk. Dinner grass fed meat small amount of veggies and handful of fruit. Bedtime? 1/4 cup ice cream with dash of salt. I have way dialed back the thyroid inhibiting foods, increased carrots to remove estrogen, totally removed nuts and seeds and other PUFA's. my temps are 98.4-99.3 every day. I dont work out the same at all much less intensity but just lift heavy and walk twice a day. The only things remaining are to get libido back and lose fat. Any suggestions on what i can do with diet to help move the process of fat loss along would be great. I also do sauna red light therapy etc. I eat about 2,000 calories a day total

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well off the top of my head you could maybe switch out the cheese and half and half to 2% milk.

OP
C

cfhunter

ok...if thats all I would have to do that would be easy peasy!

Bluebell

I'm no expert but I'd guess to reduce fat as much as possible (low fat dairy), increase sugar, and reduce overall calories (I'm using cronometer).

There's a small "weight loss club" forming here, you are very welcome to join if you like!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2151&start=10

Dutchie

Jenn said:
Add extra sugar and potassium for weight loss. A afternoon nap helps too. ;) (Anything that reduces stress increases the efficiency/utilization of nutrients.)
why increase potassium for fatloss,what does it do?

chris

Jenn how long should naps be for? I personally have never felt that great after napping.

montmorency

chris said:
Jenn how long should naps be for? I personally have never felt that great after napping.

I recently found this article about sleep, by Dr Piotr Wozniak:

Good sleep, good learning, good life

It's very long, but very interesting.

There would be no short answer to the question "how long should naps be for?"

It depends on the individual and the circumstances.

He believes most people are "bi-phasic" sleepers", with usually one longish night sleep, and then a short "siesta" starting around 7 to 8 hours after we woke up from our night sleep.

One of his firm principles is not to use an alarm clock. He thinks we should go to sleep when we feel naturally tired, and be allowed to waken up naturally. That applies to the "siesta" as well.

One can see that this might not easily be compatible with modern working lifestyles, but anyway, that would be his ideal.

But please read the article, and see what you think.

OP
C

cfhunter

Right after I started eating more carbs I started waking at night and feeling wide awake. I have no heart pounding, no adrenaline rush no fight or flight....none of that. Just feel WIDE awake. Let me preface this with saying: I was vlc and taking thyroid meds before and slept like a rock (had lower temps too). Now? HIgher temps (always above 98.1 and mid day 99.1 sometimes). I don't have a high pulse and my temps always rise after breakfast. I have great energy and NO fatigue during the day. One thing I did start is Progest E. At first I thought IT was keeping me up (opposite effect I know) so I started taking it at 11 in the morning and then I started getting sleepy on it! I haven't taken it at night again yet but honestly don;t think this is causing night wakings as I am estrogen dominant and KNOW I need progesterone. I am on day 47 from meds and starting this new eating. I LOVE the energy and temps and not needing meds but not the increased FAT or waking! and no eating sugar and salt when I wake doesn't work (even keeping it by the bed) and yes I do the milk with sugar and salt BEFORE bed but had to chill on ice cream. Any input??? Getting desperate to feel that warm wonderful sleep feeling again.

Mittir

I would focus on new foods added to the diet around the time of sleep problem.
Endotoxin can cause this kind of sleep problem. Increased thyroid function also
increases requirement of vitamins and nutrients. Starch and soluble fiber are major source
of endotoxin.

OP
C

cfhunter

I dont eat any starches and lord knows I have backed down on veggies etc. I got up and sipped OJ with salt last night but it didn't help. Maybe the light woke me up even more. I was awake for half an hour. :( I got the below response from Robert at Functional alps which scares the crap out of me bc lord knows I don't want to go BACKwards. My temps vary through the day from 98.2 being lowest and 99.3 being highest and usually only after I am done training clients and been back inside for 20 minutes or after lunch).

Robert says:
"99.1F+ is too high if you're getting that temperature consistently. This means you're either hyperthyroid or running on adrenaline, neither of which will help you sleep but can make you feel good.

Some experience a period of hyperthyroidism while the thyroid gland secretes stored colloid that estrogen was blocking. The progesterone will enhance this effect because of its direct antagonism to estrogen. If I were in your shoes, I would cease the progesterone supplement for the time being to gauge my reaction.
“If a person has an enlarged thyroid gland, progesterone promotes secretion and unloading of the stored “colloid,” and can bring on a temporary hyperthyroid state. This is a corrective process, and in itself isn’t harmful. A thyroid supplement should be used to shrink the goiter before progesterone is given. Normal amounts of progesterone facilitate thyroid secretion, while a deficiency, with unopposed estrogen, causes the thyroid to enlarge."

"Thyroid function stimulates the liver to inactivate estrogen for secretion, so estrogen dominance can create a viscous circle, in which estrogen (or deficient progesterone) blocks thyroid secretion, causing the liver to allow estrogen to accumulate to even higher levels. Progesterone (even one dose, in some cases) can break the cycle. However, if the gland is very big, one person can experience a few months of hyperthyroidism, as the gland returns to normal. It is better to allow the enlarged gland to shrink more slowly by using a thyroid supplement. If an enlarged gland does begin to secrete too much thyroid hormone, it can be controlled with tablets of propylthiouracil, or even raw cabbage or cabbage juice, and cysteine rich meats, including liver"

Jenn

Or it could mean you are just running a fever. Don't try to bring it down, it is your body's way of killing the bad stuff. More sugar/minerals will help the body get rid of toxins.

It takes about 20 minutes for the OJ to affect the blood sugar....unless you still have undigested food in your tummy.

Swandattur

Don't people with mononucleosis run a constant low grade fever?
I think taking cascara sagrada at night gave me insomnia, but not if I took it during the day. Also, bamboo shoots seemed to cause me insomnia. They do have some starch.

OP
C

cfhunter

Day 81 since going off natural thyroid meds and temps are still above 98. pulse is varying between 59-85 depending on the day. Besides some joint pain here and there I am sleeping very well, exercising has gotten easier again (used to have intolerance), hands and feet are warm etc. Virtually all hypo signs are gone....except I need to lose this fat I seemed to have put on around my middle from high cortisol and ED before all this happened. Long story short recent saliva said I have 200:1 Progesterone to estrogen ratio but still have some ED symptoms so I started using tiny hairpin drop of Progest e (I had it on hand from a month ago). My temps went from 98.2 waking to 99.0 again...What causes this?

4peatssake

cfhunter said:
Day 81 since going off natural thyroid meds and temps are still above 98. pulse is varying between 59-85 depending on the day. Besides some joint pain here and there I am sleeping very well, exercising has gotten easier again (used to have intolerance), hands and feet are warm etc. Virtually all hypo signs are gone....except I need to lose this fat I seemed to have put on around my middle from high cortisol and ED before all this happened. Long story short recent saliva said I have 200:1 Progesterone to estrogen ratio but still have some ED symptoms so I started using tiny hairpin drop of Progest e (I had it on hand from a month ago). My temps went from 98.2 waking to 99.0 again...What causes this?
My best guess would be because it boosted your thyroid function. It's powerful stuff. The first time I used a small amount, within 3 days it had normalized my periods which had become heavy with cramping and clotting as a result of severe hormonal imbalances from perimenopause and decades of undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

Ray Peat said:
If a woman has ovaries, progesterone helps them to regulate themselves and their hormone production. It helps to restore normal functioning of the thyroid and other glands.

OP
C

cfhunter

hmmm not sure but it seems to correlate with protest e each time I take it. Could be.... :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals