Occasional Boron Supplementation

Sumbody

I remember coming across this study a while back and I'm sure it's been posted several times across the forum...

Nothing Boring About Boron

But I've definitely gotten some significant libido boosts from about a week or so of supplementing 9-12mg before bed. I use the "Tetra-Boron" supplement by Solaray.

Any one else get these effects? Seems to work very well after about 5 days as things slowly build up. Even by the second or third day I will notice more sexual urges. I typically will do like Mon-Fri, and I'm pretty amped up for the weekend. I only use it occasionally in one week cycles.

What are your thoughts/experiences?

Gone Peating

Increase in libido is not automatically a sign of good health

I'm convinced it's almost never tbh, unless of course before you had an abnormally low one

OP
S

Sumbody

I'm convinced it's almost never tbh, unless of course before you had an abnormally low one

Agreed. However there seems to be numerous positives highlighted regarding the mineral in the article posted above.

I often notice what seems to feel like a slight increase in testicular volume/firmness after supplementation. And if it's true about helping the body utilize magnesium, etc. While lowering inflammatory markers, I could imagine how it may aid the body in better producing essential hormones.

I only periodically dabble with it. Just curious what others may have noticed while trying it.

Gone Peating

Agreed. However there seems to be numerous positives highlighted regarding the mineral in the article posted above.

I often notice what seems to feel like a slight increase in testicular volume/firmness after supplementation. And if it's true about helping the body utilize magnesium, etc. While lowering inflammatory markers, I could imagine how it may aid the body in better producing essential hormones.

I only periodically dabble with it. Just curious what others may have noticed while trying it.

I've tried it here and there bc I had heard it could displace flouride, didn't really notice anything good or bad

Tarmander

I’ve been taking 3mg of boron for 4 or 5 months now. At first I noticed some hormone changes but the biggest benefit is the strengthening of all my joints. I feel so much more solid now. I think low and slow is the way to go.

ddjd

any increase in libido I regard as an estrogen increase personally

Nokoni

I get very good results with it. Had significant arthritis in both back and knees, and getting worse every year. Set the clock back on that at least a decade already, and I now expect it to continue to improve instead of continuing to degrade. My daughter has a congenital condition affecting her back and she's now, mercifully, pain free. It's miraculous. Could have saved myself a ton of pain and physical limitations if only I'd known about it sooner.

OP
S

Sumbody

I get very good results with it. Had significant arthritis in both back and knees, and getting worse every year. Set the clock back on that at least a decade already, and I now expect it to continue to improve instead of continuing to degrade. My daughter has a congenital condition affecting her back and she's now, mercifully, pain free. It's miraculous. Could have saved myself a ton of pain and physical limitations if only I'd known about it sooner.

There is lots of information connecting boron to reduced joint pain, and increased bone health. That's awesome!

What dose and how often do you take it?

Also have you noticed any skin benefits at all from it?

Nokoni

There is lots of information connecting boron to reduced joint pain, and increased bone health. That's awesome!

What dose and how often do you take it?

Also have you noticed any skin benefits at all from it?
I take 1/8th tsp of borax, which weighs 530 mg, daily. Since borax is 11% boron, that means I'm getting 58 mg of boron daily. Dr. Jorge Flechas recommends 30 mg/day, or 75 mg/day for joint pain, or up to 150 mg/day for osteoporosis. Some people recommend putting the dose in a bottle of water and consuming it throughout the day but I do well just taking it all at once in a little water.

And it starts working pretty quickly. I started noticing benefits within just a few days, but initially felt like that can't be real, probably placebo. But it just kept getting better. So my feeling is that it is truly an essential mineral nutrient, one that has maybe become depleted from our soils through factory farming. Peat says nothing about boron that I've found, but you can get a small dose by eating tons of fruit, which apparently he does, so he may have never suffered from arthritis. (You can also get it from nuts, but that's very anti-Peat.)

I haven't noticed any skin benefits.

OP
S

Sumbody

So my feeling is that it is truly an essential mineral nutrient, one that has maybe become depleted from our soils through factory farming. Peat says nothing about boron that I've found, but you can get a small dose by eating tons of fruit,

Yeah, I read something like one organic apple can have up to possibly 20mg of boron, while that same commercially grown apple may only have 1-3mg of boron due to the pesticides/fertilizers having a negative effect on the boron content of the crop/soil.

What brand do you use, and have you noticed any other possible benefits?

I have been using the Tetra Boron supplement, 9-12mg once a day for a week, but curious about trying borax and using it for the joint health benefits. I have some occasional pain in my wrists from old injuries as a youth so I'm curious how borax might have an effect on that.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I take 1/8th tsp of borax, which weighs 530 mg, daily. Since borax is 11% boron, that means I'm getting 58 mg of boron daily. Dr. Jorge Flechas recommends 30 mg/day, or 75 mg/day for joint pain, or up to 150 mg/day for osteoporosis. Some people recommend putting the dose in a bottle of water and consuming it throughout the day but I do well just taking it all at once in a little water.

And it starts working pretty quickly. I started noticing benefits within just a few days, but initially felt like that can't be real, probably placebo. But it just kept getting better. So my feeling is that it is truly an essential mineral nutrient, one that has maybe become depleted from our soils through factory farming. Peat says nothing about boron that I've found, but you can get a small dose by eating tons of fruit, which apparently he does, so he may have never suffered from arthritis. (You can also get it from nuts, but that's very anti-Peat.)

That is fantastic! So glad you found relief. Thank you for sharing. :hattip

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I take 1/8th tsp of borax, which weighs 530 mg, daily. Since borax is 11% boron, that means I'm getting 58 mg of boron daily.
I’m doing something similar. I’ve been using 1/8 tsp dissolved in one liter of distilled water and drinking it over 2 days. I take it 5 days per week and skip the weekend. It feels very positive for my libido and joints.

Nokoni

Yeah, I read something like one organic apple can have up to possibly 20mg of boron, while that same commercially grown apple may only have 1-3mg of boron due to the pesticides/fertilizers having a negative effect on the boron content of the crop/soil.

What brand do you use, and have you noticed any other possible benefits?

I have been using the Tetra Boron supplement, 9-12mg once a day for a week, but curious about trying borax and using it for the joint health benefits. I have some occasional pain in my wrists from old injuries as a youth so I'm curious how borax might have an effect on that.
Yeah there's boric acid and various boron supplements, but some people say to use only this one and not that one, and vice versa. Maybe they all work well, I don't know, but there appear to be fewer concerns with borax and I know for sure that it works well so that's what I chose. It's just 20 Mule Team Borax, in the laundry aisle at the grocery store. The only concern I've seen with borax is what else is in there? Like heavy metals or whatever. But some intelligent-seeming people say that it's very pure, and it works so well that the small risk is very worth it to me.

As far as other benefits, I've always had high blood pressure, of the "essential" variety. (Apparently "essential" is just doctor talk for "I don't have a clue.") But I've come to suspect that hyperparathyroidism may be the, or at least a, cause "essential" hypertension, and the parathyroid is the tissue in the body with the highest concentration of boron. That article you posted in your first post says boron calms the parathyroid so I'm hoping it will lower my blood pressure, but I haven't checked it yet.

Nokoni

Nokoni

I’m doing something similar. I’ve been using 1/8 tsp dissolved in one liter of distilled water and drinking it over 2 days. I take it 5 days per week and skip the weekend. It feels very positive for my libido and joints.
Perfect. That's the dose Dr. Flechas recommends, about 30 mg per day. I had some more serious issues with my knees and back – if you knees are bad (hurt mine playing basketball) then use your back more, and if your back is bad (hurt mine doing squats) then use you knees more, but if they're both bad it's a problem – so I take double that.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Perfect. That's the dose Dr. Flechas recommends, about 30 mg per day. I had some more serious issues with my knees and back – if you knees are bad (hurt mine playing basketball) then use your back more, and if your back is bad (hurt mine doing squats) then use you knees more, but if they're both bad it's a problem – so I take double that.
Awesome, it’s good to know you can take more if necessary.

Nokoni

Goobz

Thanks for sharing!

Are you not concerned of overdosing on boron? I know nothing of any toxic effects myself, but your dose seems to be more than 10x what I've seen sold as a supplement...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals