Obtaining lab tests

fever257

Where does everyone manage to get their lab work done?

Out of all things related to Ray Peat, this is unequivocally the most difficult practice to adopt, at least in my experience.

I’ve seen over five doctors and it is an uphill battle to try and obtain lab work. There is no combination of words, no convincing, no nothing to persuade them to order tests for me. Not even with a documented history of hormone disrupters. I even have a personal family connection to my current internist, but he stubbornly refuses lab work.

I’ve gotten a little bit of lab work done, never more than once, and never random specific tests like PTH, LH, FSH, SHBG, vit D, and calcium/phosphate.

I also got a DUTCH test but this unfortunately did not include many relevant data points.

Other sources like walkinlab . com are extremely pricey. Is this the only way?

I live in the US btw.

dbh25

**Lab tests are available in the continental United States and Anchorage, AK only. Not available in MD. Residents of select states (NY, NJ, RI and MA) may not have their blood drawn at LabCorp, but optional services may be available; for details, call us at 1‐800‐208‐3444.

JohnHafterson

Also seeing physicians in academic/research setting was easier for me to get labs done.

I was seeing a doctor at University of Chicago and also at Rush University for a for few years and it seemed like I could get lab tests done with not as much pushback.

golder

Anyone know of good UK tests? Medichecks aren’t that comprehensive and I’m missing lots of important blood markers.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Request a test has been my favorite. They bundle labs and panels for good discounts. I gave up on pleading with doctors for tests.

Everlywell.com will send you home test kits for basic stuff that includes thyroid labs, vitamin D, etc...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals