Observations from using a continuous glucose monitor - Jessie Inchauspé

OP
David PS

David PS

my I think this shows that we can’t make general conclusions about our own blood glucose reactions from her graphs. We need to eat these foods, wear a CGM and make our own graphs.

But it is an interesting series of posts!
I find that the graphs are validating some of the healthful habits of some of my friends. For example, friend Glenn always starts a meal with a salad. He uses oil and vinegar. It was the way his mother taught him to eat.

nikotrope

Thanks for this thread.

I've been reading similar things elsewhere and I decided to try some of what she described.

I can feel big blood glucose spikes as I get arrhythmia until it goes down, so no need for a blood glucose monitor (it's both scary and a nice feedback system).

I found that what worked the most consistently for me is walking 10-20min after a meal (or doing some light exercise for the same duration).

The fat with carbs works but not as consistently. With whole grains it's okay but with refined grains the spike was often still too much, but not always.

Same with the salad before a meal. It works at reducing the spike but not enough in some instances.

Walking always works really really well.

Results: I'm losing weight a lot more easily. I eat whatever I want and make sure to be active after meals (before I was generally active before meals). More stable blood glucose makes me naturally less hungry and I can go without eating for longer so no need for snacks and I end up eating less.

oxphoser

I find that the graphs are validating some of the healthful habits of some of my friends. For example, friend Glenn always starts a meal with a salad. He uses oil and vinegar. It was the way his mother taught him to eat.
On second thought, I think following her general guidelines would take a chunk out of the 50 billion dollar diabetes industry in the US (and growing).

OP
David PS

David PS

Thanks for this thread.

I've been reading similar things elsewhere and I decided to try some of what she described.

I can feel big blood glucose spikes as I get arrhythmia until it goes down, so no need for a blood glucose monitor (it's both scary and a nice feedback system).

I found that what worked the most consistently for me is walking 10-20min after a meal (or doing some light exercise for the same duration).

The fat with carbs works but not as consistently. With whole grains it's okay but with refined grains the spike was often still too much, but not always.

Same with the salad before a meal. It works at reducing the spike but not enough in some instances.

Walking always works really really well.

Results: I'm losing weight a lot more easily. I eat whatever I want and make sure to be active after meals (before I was generally active before meals). More stable blood glucose makes me naturally less hungry and I can go without eating for longer so no need for snacks and I end up eating less.

Thanks for your feedback.

It is interesting that what worked you you most consistently (walking 10-20 min after a meal or doing some light exercise for the same duration) is the hack that I do the least consistently. I run out of energy at the end of the day.

With the onset of shorter days and cooler weather it is less likely that I will walk outside in next few months. I will have to double down on my efforts to do some light indoor exercise. Thanks for your observations. I will use them wisely.

OP
David PS

David PS

On second thought, I think following her general guidelines would take a chunk out of the 50 billion dollar diabetes industry in the US (and growing).

There is a lot of low-hanging fruit that will help people. There is little need to make radical changes to the food one eats, adopt a starvation diet, or take supplements and pharmaceuticals to take a large chunk out of ones elevated blood glucose levels.

It makes sense to start with easy hacks that Jessie identifies and leave bariatric surgery dead last.

OP
David PS

David PS

OP
David PS

David PS

OP
David PS

David PS

Consider the consequences of eating a sweet snack or dessert on an empty stomach. Just leave it for the end of a well balanced meal.
1664496583506.png

OP
David PS

David PS

Jessie's comments:
A savoury breakfast is better for our glucose levels than a sweet one. A savoury croissant is better than a sweet one!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🧬This is the most impactful hack for my body! I don't even want anything sweet in the morning anymore because I know how crappy I'll feel the rest of the day if I have something sweet.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
👉 How to have a savoury breakfast: don't eat or drink anything sweet except whole fruit.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Smoothies made with whole fruit + protein + fat are also usually ok.

1664627122134.png

OP
David PS

David PS

Jessie's comments:
When I learned this, it changed everything. I dug into the science, learned to curb my glucose spikes, and that helped me heal my physical and mental health. I summarized all that I learned into the hacks (you can find some on my Instagram and all of them in my book)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And now it’s your turn to feel better!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
PS: All the scientific studies I discovered, you can find on my website at www.glucose-revolution.com/science
❤️❤️❤️

1664627869536.png

OP
David PS

David PS

glucosegoddess (Jessie)​

🍎🍊🍒🍏 It’s always best for our glucose levels to eat fruit whole. As soon as we juice, blend, or dry fruit, that leads to a bigger glucose spike!

👉 what about vegetables? They are usually fine to juice, blend, dry… because they contain very little sugar. But be mindful of vegetables that have been bred to be extra sweet: carrots, beetroots, are good examples: eating them whole is best!

1664753756169.png

OP
David PS

David PS

1664753926737.png

OP
David PS

David PS

Jessie's comments:​

Celery or other green vegetable juices are ok for our glucose levels ❤️ Green vegetables don't contain any sugar, so when they are juiced, you're just drinking water and vitamins.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Fruit, however, contain sugar – when they are juiced, all you're getting is a big hit of sugar. Avoid them. Only eat fruit whole 😊

1664830053519.png

OP
David PS

David PS

Jessie's comments:
💖 Glucose hack: Have a savoury breakfast, not a sweet one.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🥐 Pastries are a typical breakfast food, but they lead to difficult consequences: they create glucose spikes, which increases inflammation, hunger and cravings for the rest of the day, and makes disease symptoms worse.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
👉 Instead – choose savoury foods for breakfast to keep your glucose levels steady.
👉 If you want to eat a pastry, have it as a dessert for lunch or dinner, instead of for breakfast on an empty stomach.

1664876653020.png

Runenight201

Redu bull gives you wings and what goes up comes down.
View attachment 40208
What you need to know:
👉 It's better to drink diet soda than regular soda. Regular soda contains outrageous amounts of sugar, creating big glucose and fructose spikes, harming our health.
👉BUT: it's better to drink water than diet soda, because diet soda has its issues too: increased cravings, microbiome problems, more… Diet soda usually contains *aspartame* which is a sweetener that is known to potentially increase insulin levels (which may be why you see this dip in glucose levels after drinking it; it is due to insulin release).

I wish she did a comparison of Coca-Cola vs Red-Bull, that would have been very interesting to see.

How would aspirin play a role in all this? Say I were to mix a 400mg of aspirin into a can of coke or a Red Bull, would that improve BG tolerance?

Embarrassed to think that many of my health problems for the past year could potentially be chalked up to poor BG control. The read about someone's mental problems associated with her BG levels was especially noteworthy.

OP
David PS

David PS

Jessie's comments:
My favorite nutella crepes 😍😍😍

PS: use a straw if you can when you drink your vinegar drink, to protect your teeth.

1664972874162.png

1664973061320.png

Highlights
•Vinegar (acetic acid) intake improves acutely the glucose metabolism.•
The effects occur manly in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
•There are few interventions based on follows-up.
•10–30 mL/d (∼2–6 tablespoons) of vinegar is the more studied dose.

OP
David PS

David PS

I wish she did a comparison of Coca-Cola vs Red-Bull, that would have been very interesting to see.

How would aspirin play a role in all this? Say I were to mix a 400mg of aspirin into a can of coke or a Red Bull, would that improve BG tolerance?

Embarrassed to think that many of my health problems for the past year could potentially be chalked up to poor BG control. The read about someone's mental problems associated with her BG levels was especially noteworthy.
In my opinion, a Coca-Cola vs Red-Bull comparision might be an invitation for a lawsuit.

I did not know about aspirin effecting BG. I have not read her book.

There is no need to put aspirin directly into the can. The acidic drinks may degrade the aspirin.

I supsect that more than 80% of the population has poor glucose control. I have noticed that I have a better outlook now that I am actively eating in a manner to avoid BG spikes.

Runenight201

In my opinion, a Coca-Cola vs Red-Bull comparision might be an invitation for a lawsuit.

I did not know about aspirin effecting BG. I have not read her book.

There is no need to put aspirin directly into the can. The acidic drinks may degrade the aspirin.

I supsect that more than 80% of the population has poor glucose control. I have noticed that I have a better outlook now that I am actively eating in a manner to avoid BG spikes.

Agh the Coke v Red Bull lawsuit went over my head. I know a joke is never funny once it’s explained but care to help out?

The more I read about aspirin the more positive things I see about it. Is there really any reason NOT to take this drug every day, regardless of health status? I mean no matter what we live in a toxic world filled with all sorts of unavoidable stressors, no matter how careful we may be.

And ok won’t mix aspirin with the acids, but I’m a huge fan of mock tails. Something about the effervescence produces a psychological pleasurable effect, beyond just popping a pill. It’s almost as if it evokes this imagery of a healing tonic or potion that will make me better.

OP
David PS

David PS

Agh the Coke v Red Bull lawsuit went over my head. I know a joke is never funny once it’s explained but care to help out?

The more I read about aspirin the more positive things I see about it. Is there really any reason NOT to take this drug every day, regardless of health status? I mean no matter what we live in a toxic world filled with all sorts of unavoidable stressors, no matter how careful we may be.

And ok won’t mix aspirin with the acids, but I’m a huge fan of mock tails. Something about the effervescence produces a psychological pleasurable effect, beyond just popping a pill. It’s almost as if it evokes this imagery of a healing tonic or potion that will make me better.
I was thinking about a lawsuit between Jessie and one or both of the can companies. She cann't afford to get involved in a lawsuit filed by one of the goliaths.

01:28:04
how much would he recommend on a daily basis for an adult a food vitamin aspirin, oh aspirin what form do you like to use

View: https://youtu.be/hLWR0KQh5Eg?t=5261

The only negative that I have read about aspirin is 'aspirin resistence'. I am not certain but I think this may be the reason that Peat recommends taking vitamin K along with aspirin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals