Observation Study: Milk Intake Correlated To Inflammatory Markers

OP
J

jaa

Nice post Jennifer. Good catch on increased milk consumption being correlated with fractures in women but not men pointing to something else.

While I agree that FFQ are dubious, I think they are fairly reliable when measuring milk consumption which is typically a an unchanging daily habit for most people. I also agree that the study's proposed mechanism for the increase in inflammatory markers may be off. Just because it exists in animal models, does not necessarily transfer to humans. However, I still find the increase in milk consumption (which I think is fairly accurate given FFQ) correlation with an increase in human inflammatory markers to be worrisome and I don't think it's so easy to explain away.

LucyL

Lindsay wrote this
Although Ray Peat advocates milk, he has mentioned in his books that a high calcium diet can be dangerous under the influence of estrogen,
on this thread: Estrogen In Milk

I did notice that one chart in the study showed those with the highest self-reported milk intake also self reported the highest estrogen replacement use.

Last edited by a moderator:

jyb

jaa said:
However, I still find the increase in milk consumption (which I think is fairly accurate given FFQ) correlation with an increase in human inflammatory markers to be worrisome and I don't think it's so easy to explain away.

Edward suggested the homogeneization (of commercial milk) can lead to inflammation. I think that generally, it makes sense to pay attention to the quality of the milk you drink and how the cow was raised/fed, if you are going to drink a lot of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals