Oatmeal?

Palpatine

I eat steel cut oats (no gluten) with butter and brown sugar... Mmmmmmm.

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Lilly

Even oats which have been certified free of gluten can have effects. Oats also have proline–glutamine‐rich peptides which are just as resistant to digestion as gluten, but in ~5× less concentration. I think of oats as gluten lite™.

I think potatoes are safer, but there are enzymes for sale which can break the proline–glutamine‐rich peptides in oats and wheat. With complete digestion, these proteins are perfectly safe. The primary reason, it appears, that gluten is so immunogenic is that it's resistant to pepsin and trypsin hydrolysis. The proline peptide bond is a most unusual bond, and the only real radically different peptide bond. Too many in a row can induce conformational changes in a peptide chain characterized by a tight spiral that most enzymes don't know what to do with.

The oat protein does have these regions, albeit in smaller concentrations. Rice, potatoes, and even corn appear to be safer.

The cells themselves don't all react, in vitro, to the same peptide fragments. White blood cells taken from different people will release interferon-γ in response to a chocolate peptide, yet some only to a gluten peptide. So there is some degree of past history involved, T cell 'memory,' or entrainment. But it impossible for them to release interferon-γ in response to a potato peptide since they will never be absorbed in large fragments, on account of having no proline–glutamine segments.

Many peptides have more potential than others but responses are variable. A little bit of oats can cause a barely noticeable histamine release, which is a stimulant, while larger doses can be problematic. I think someone eating 1000·Cal/day from oats would be less well‐off than one eating 1000·Cal/day of beans, rice, or potatoes (on average).

Thanks for this Travis!!!!!

If I understood well, gluten is also a proline-glutamine-rich peptide?

Do you by any chance have a suggestion for a brand of enzymes which can break those peptides?

Also, how would one try to restore the bacteria in the gut to be able to brake those peptides? Which bacteria are needed for this?

Travis

Thanks for this Travis!!!!!

If I understood well, gluten is also a proline-glutamine-rich peptide?

Do you by any chance have a suggestion for a brand of enzymes which can break those peptides?

Also, how would one try to restore the bacteria in the gut to be able to brake those peptides? Which bacteria are needed for this?
The surefire way would be to make your own bread using a commercial 'sourdough' culture containing Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis fermented for about 24 hours. This has been shown to almost completely eliminate the immune reaction as measured through interferon-γ release. Also: taking capsules of prolyl endopeptidase has also been found effective, as has bromelain. I think doing these three at once would certainly break down the proteins into nonimmunogenic fragments, but also the lectins which can cause physical damage of their own by stripping-away polysaccharides from the enteral wall. The Lactobaccili have enyzmes that will hydrolyze the resistant proline–glutamine segments, this process being catalyzed by the low pH consequent of lactic acid—also being produced. You might think this would make for less-fluffy bread because it is popularly stated that it is 'the gluten alone which is responsible for the cohesive nature of the dough,' but this is not entirely correct. There exists many protein types within wheat—and also polysaccharides—which are apparently responsible, with Lactobaccili species largely leaving them ones alone. Sourdough bread is still fluffy and even tastes better, although I can see how it'd take a bit of work to actually make. Foregoing the more certain sourdough fermentation at home, commercial sourdough bread would still be expected to have reduced amounts of the immunogens—perhaps even reduced lectins. But I'd think that simply eating sourdough bread from the store, preferably without added iron, while taking a bromelain capsule would work.

Last edited:

Syncopated

I wouldn't say oats "cause" gyno, but they can definitely contribute to nipple sensitivity due to elevated estrogen. I'd attribute this solely to the gluten content and any intestinal inflammation that accompanies the consumption of grains.

Sourdough grains don't inflame the bowels.

Lilly

The surefire way would be to make your own bread using a commercial 'sourdough' culture containing Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis fermented for about 24 hours. This has been shown to almost completely eliminate the immune reaction as measured through interferon-γ release. Also: taking capsules of prolyl endopeptidase has also been found effective, as has bromelain. I think doing these three at once would certainly break down the proteins into nonimmunogenic fragments, but also the lectins which can cause physical damage of their own by stripping-away polysaccharides from the enteral wall. The Lactobaccili have enyzmes that will hydrolyze the resistant proline–glutamine segments, this process being catalyzed by the low pH consequent of lactic acid—also being produced. You might think this would make for less-fluffy bread because it is popularly stated that it is 'the gluten alone which is responsible for the cohesive nature of the dough,' but this is not entirely correct. There exists many protein types within wheat—and also polysaccharides—which are apparently responsible, with Lactobaccili species largely leaving them ones alone. Sourdough bread is still fluffy and even tastes better, although I can see how it'd take a bit of work to actually make. Foregoing the more certain sourdough fermentation at home, commercial sourdough bread would still be expected to have reduced amounts of the immunogens—perhaps even reduced lectins. But I'd think that simply eating sourdough bread from the store, preferably without added iron, while taking a bromelain capsule would work.
Thanks man!

Markus

The main concern I have with oats is potential glyphosate contamination and mold toxins, but apart from that I personally like eating oatmeal for breakfast.

Regarding phytate though. I've read somewhere that someone recommended to soak oats in baking soda/bicarbonate to neutralize the acid. Do you think this will work?

TheSir

Bumping this. I have noticed that I enjoy eating raw rolled oats with syrup and milk or water, but when I cook the oats into porridge they become much less appealing. They just lose something in the process. I never crave porridge, but I do often crave uncooked rolled oats.

opson123

Bumping this. I have noticed that I enjoy eating raw rolled oats with syrup and milk or water, but when I cook the oats into porridge they become much less appealing. They just lose something in the process. I never crave porridge, but I do often crave uncooked rolled oats.
Same here. Except I also crave normal hot, thick and salty oatmeal. When it's hot I crave them uncooked and sweet, when it's cold I crave hot salty oatmeal. I used to eat both all the time when I as younger.

Now my gut lining seems to be lacking a proper lubrication as sticky foods like oatmeal just can't pass through without scratching the ***t out of it. It really feels like I've eaten small needles. It takes days until it gets through my small intestines. Sticky foods also trigger gastroparesis.

Oatmeal is the absolute worse starch right up alongside bread. It likely contains some amounts of gluten, is hard to digest, incredibly bland, and makes you gain weight.
If you read Weston A Prices book, the scots that he studied were in perfect health and all they ate was oats and shell fish

DaveFoster

If you read Weston A Prices book, the scots that he studied were in perfect health and all they ate was oats and shell fish
Sure, I don't really mind oats that much. I prefer rice, but I don't react as negatively to starches now, I think. Or at least I eat them enough that I can't tell, really.

TMCMac

I used to eat oats all the time in the morning daily with peanut butter and a large cup of coffee for breakfast daily for two years and lost a lot of weight. I havent eaten oatmeal in forever but have been craving it lately. What would be the peatiest way to go about this? Oatmeal cooked in coconut milk and then maybe add some macadamia nut butter or coconut butter/cocoa mix with some maple syrup cinnamon and sugar and some collagen. Sounds pretty good although still had 3 grams pufa.

dukesbobby777

I've noticed this as well. When you do the oats in the water, you can add calcium carbonate/egg shell to put some calcium in there, but also makes it look more visually appealing (as the calcium turns the water white). I also add a small amount of salt, cocoa powder, cacao nibs, and butter to give the bowl of oats further richness. I'm off milk at the moment, hence that's the best I've come up with for a homemade milk.

Heated/cooked oats are just nowhere near as nice. I totally get having them in cold preference.

I used to eat oats all the time in the morning daily with peanut butter and a large cup of coffee for breakfast daily for two years and lost a lot of weight. I havent eaten oatmeal in forever but have been craving it lately. What would be the peatiest way to go about this? Oatmeal cooked in coconut milk and then maybe add some macadamia nut butter or coconut butter/cocoa mix with some maple syrup cinnamon and sugar and some collagen. Sounds pretty good although still had 3 grams pufa.
Added powdered milk gives oatmeal a great taste and texture in my experience and helps offset the phytic acid in the oats.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals