Nutritional Protection For X-rays?

B

Braveheart

how would you try to protect yourself nutritionally from x-rays? for example: chest x-ray...

jaguar43

I think Ray Peat wrote that progesterone is very protective of x-rays and radiation. He also said coffee because of the magnesium and milk if I remember correctly.

tyw

Aiming to "Protect" may be a stretch :blackeye:. Focusing on everything that comes before and after a stressor is a good plan. ie: Preparedness and Recovery.

All the additions in the 2 posts above are helpful (except maybe progesterone not so good for a man). Note that the recommended supplements by Haidut are to be taken more so after the X-ray stressor (for recovery).

Staying as stress-free as possible in the time before and especially after the X-ray is also very important. eg: No possibly aggravating foods after, don't try to do a lot of strenous exercise after, no stressful work conditions after (take a day off any job if possible), no emotional arguments after, etc, etc ....

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Does anyone remember where Ray mentioned red light being beneficial after an x-ray? I found this.

Dr. Ray Peat said:
"Even ultraviolet light can produce electronic excitation and bystander effects that destabilize cells, but, unlike gamma rays and x-rays, ultraviolet light doesn't penetrate deeply into the body. In visible light, it is only the red component that can pass deeply into the tissue, and it happens that red light is able to "quench" many excited electrons, restoring them to their normal resting or ground state. In a solid material,such as a seed or hair or bone, excited electrons will persist for a long time (hours in the seed and hair, years in bone), but with a brief exposure to red light, they will return to their normal state. This beneficial effect of the red component of sunlight helps to keep plants from being sunburned. If the red light is removed from sunlight, even the blue light by itself is quickly toxic to their mitochondria. Duringthe night animals' respiratory enzymes lose some of their effectiveness, possibly from the effects of random lipid peroxidation, and red light restores their activity."

OP
B

Braveheart

thank you all...ultrasound could be a safer option, it just occurred to me....?

OP
B

Braveheart

read all your suggestions...very good, thanks again!

tara

ultrasound could be a safer option, it just occurred to me....?
I'm happier about ultrasound than xray, if you can get the useful info from that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals