Nutritional Management Of Metabolic Endotoxemia

Pompadour

It is talked a lot about endotoxemia. So i think this review can be usefull.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...nt_of_Metabolic_Endotoxemia_A_Clinical_Review

The author made good table "Summary of Approaches to Nutritional Management for Diet-induced Metabolic Endotoxemia". Easy to read so.

As per this review the following promotes endotoxemia:
- high fat (specially saturated and omega 6 and not so monosaturated and omega-3), high refined carbs meals (though with high carbs it is not so ... as there is mentioned a study , where pure glucose had very little effect on endotoxemia);
- micronutrients deficiency;
- too much alcohol...

Nutritional management includes:
- low fat (20% of kcal) , mostly with omega 3's and monosaturated;
- carbs (60% of kcal) , mostly unrefined grains, vegetables and fruits;
- vitamins (A, C, D...);
- zinc
- supplements such as lactoferrin, berberine , resveratrol, probiotics, prebiotics etc.

Not everything is in accordance with Peat's ideas, but still interesting.

PS Sorry my grammatic mistakes, english is not my first language.

Attachments

• Brown_NutritionalManagementofMetabolicEndotoxemia-AClinicalReview.pdf
    623.9 KB · Views: 6

CLASH

@Pompadour
Saturated fat may increase endotoxin influx but in the long run i think its benenficial. Long chain fatty acids upregulate the livers ability to detoxify endotoxin, and medium chain triglycerides upregulate the tight junctions in the intestinal epithelium.
Dietary fat sources differentially modulate intestinal barrier and hepatic inflammation in alcohol-induced liver injury in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Fat also stimulates bile production which helps to clear the small intestine regularly. I think low fat diets in conjunction with fibrous carbs can lead to digestive issues like SIBO.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

Stilgar

My experience has definitely been that saturated fats reduce endotoxemia, or at least bacterial load.

PUFA is most definitely the opposite to that, in my case.

Constatine

It should be said that probiotics are dangerous when the gut is compromised as the bacteria can leak into the bloodstream.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

Thank you very much for sharing the list! Very interesting! I made a copy of it!
It should be said that probiotics are dangerous when the gut is compromised as the bacteria can leak into the bloodstream.
Yes, you are right. Prebiotics are also not always good... they can make things worse when it is a problem with SIBO... Personally , i can't handle inulin.

Now i take lactoferrin - hopefully it will help me not only with low iron (my thread about personal situation) , but also with endotoxin-load.

raypeatclips

Is this your list? One thing that should be noted about #3, that you might want to add a note to, or even completely remove from the list, is that the cream they used contains carageenan, as well as polysorbate 80, so I think this study is pretty flawed from the start.

Other than that, thanks great list, very useful information.

Last edited:

Sucrates

Is this your list? One thing that should be noted about #3, that you might want to add a note to, or even completely remove from the list, is that the cream they used contains carageenan, as well as polysorbate 80, so I think this study is pretty flawed from the start.

Other than that, thanks great list, very useful information.

It is. I've added that information, thanks for pointing it out. It's been pointed out a few times before. I think there are other similar studies with either cream minus those or some similar dairy product with the same amount of fat showing similar effects. Some aspects of dairy offer protection too. I hope to getting around to adding all the links I've collected on endotoxin sometime. I do agree though, I think either of those ingredients makes the cream element of the study very suspect.