Nutrition Researchers Have Once Again Linked Saturated Fats To Increased Coronary Heart Disease

Ideonaut

This is strong...
Saturated Fats Linked To Heart Disease Once Again
"A prominent group of nutrition researchers have once again linked saturated fats to increased coronary heart disease."
"Another potential source of concern regarding the BMJ paper is that three of the co-authors work for Uniliver, the food company that is the largest producer of margarine and other food spreads." Prominent doesn't mean not venal.

I don't understand why they waste 3 decades if this is so prone to confusion? Or was the data already available? I also saw this with super long cellphone studies and stuff. Seems to me that they seek some obvious result, then they can't find it, but some other tiny effect ends up being significant because of the sheer size of the study, so we end up with inane headlines as in this case.

OP
R

redlight

Now this is a STRONG study = ]

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.full.pdf+html

"" A meta-analysis of prospective epidemiologic studies showed that there is no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD or CVD. More data are needed to elucidate whether CVD risks are likely to be influenced by the specific nutrients used to replace saturated fat."

dibble

Yep, its Harvard University again :) .....they are behind every single 'scientific' article that get news attention that demonises saturated fats and promotes the benefits of seed oils.

They are clearly as bent as a 9 dollar note.

encerent

Yep, its Harvard University again :) .....they are behind every single 'scientific' article that get news attention that demonises saturated fats and promotes the benefits of seed oils.

Harvard supports soybean oil over coconut oil,

"And I don't think coconut oil is as healthful as vegetable oils like olive oil and soybean oil, which are mainly unsaturated fat and therefore both lower LDL and increase HDL. " Updated: March 18, 2016Published: May 1, 2011 (Ask the doctor: Coconut oil - Harvard Health)

haidut

Forum Supporter

If this is what the flagship educational institution of the country has been producing lately, including the resveratrol scam (which also came from a Harvard prof), then imagine what level of intelligence is in the government...

goodandevil

If this is what the flagship educational institution of the country has been producing lately, including the resveratrol scam (which also came from a Harvard prof), then imagine what level of intelligence is in the government...
Or malovence.

Kyle M

I don't understand why they waste 3 decades if this is so prone to confusion? Or was the data already available? I also saw this with super long cellphone studies and stuff. Seems to me that they seek some obvious result, then they can't find it, but some other tiny effect ends up being significant because of the sheer size of the study, so we end up with inane headlines as in this case.
The demand for "science" showing their desired results exceeds the supply.

goodandevil

Interesting, all the coming-of-age movies about how great harvard is, how the poor kid gets accepted to harvard, &etc. Seems to have been a lot since 1980, propoganda campaign.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting, all the coming-of-age movies about how great harvard is, how the poor kid gets accepted to harvard, &etc. Seems to have been a lot since 1980, propoganda campaign.

Yeah, it is really bad but at least the truth is slowly coming out. Come to think of it, what major discovery has come out of Harvard int he last 20 years?

achar45

I know a Harvard professor personally and he told me in confidence that it's rare that they don't ask him to change results in a study. It's hard to know who to trust but definitely no one with ties to the big institutions.

Travis

For example, in this study, those who ate more saturated fat also ate more protein from animals, ‘refined’ carbohydrate, and trans fats. They also ate less fiber, fruits and vegetables, and whole grain carbohydrates. They were more likely to smoke.

It's also what they aren't eating. I would like to see the correlation of CVD with vitamin C intakes (don't laugh, there is good science behind this.)

A Unified Theory of Human Cardiovascular Disease Leading the Way to the Abolition of This Disease as a Cause for Human Mortality ~Linus Pauling Ph.D.

I have to get this off my chest.

I'm studying to be a waiter and we were baking today at school. Salty pies and stuff. Holy crap the amount of butter, cream, fatty cheese etc. in those foods!! Absolutely insane. And while we were eating them the fat people at my class were talking (or freaking) about some little amount of added sugar in yogurts and stuff.
:hairpull
And of course the heavy feeling after eating the fat bombs was "because of the flour." :wtf

Milena

Business funds Harvard - Business's most profitable business is disease that doesn't quite kill people.
I heard a long time ago that plaque was a way of making you live long enough to procreate and raise offspring in the presence of Vit C deficiency. Protective.

mujuro

Yeah, it is really bad but at least the truth is slowly coming out. Come to think of it, what major discovery has come out of Harvard int he last 20 years?

Thomas Sowell said that every time there's a great economic catastrophe there seems to be a Harvard man in the middle of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals