Nutrition In Home Made Cottage Cheese?

superhuman

Hello

When i use say 1 Liter of skimmed milk wich is around 33g protein and 49g carbs and 0,1g fat.

What is left after making the cottage cheese? i just cook up the milk add vinegar and stir and rinse :)

aquaman

superhuman said:
Hello

When i use say 1 Liter of skimmed milk wich is around 33g protein and 49g carbs and 0,1g fat.

What is left after making the cottage cheese? i just cook up the milk add vinegar and stir and rinse :)

I wonder about this too.

Made home-made ricotta yesterday which is delicious, I think the only way to do it is to find the nutrients in whey and deduct from the curds.

I found this
http://www.livestrong.com/article/42569 ... quid-whey/ - i assume this is from full fat milk though.

Whey should be 50-60% of the original litre (did you measure yours?).

So removed from the total would be around:

26 grams carbs
4 grams of protein

Leaving around:
29 protein
23 carbs
0.1 fat

--

How does it work with skim milk? I would assume that you'd get even more liquid removed, and be left with less cheese, since the milk fat solids make the cheese!

How much cheese did you get from 1 liter of skim milk?

superhuman

That sounds about right i guess in terms of protein but that much carbs? seems alot ? i thought almost all carbs dissapered.

I made cottage cheese from 2 Liters of skimmed milk and i was left with 209 grams of cheese. The cheese is much thicker, denser and dryer then the cottage cheese you buy in the stores.

YamnayaMommy

I have been making cottage cheese using a gallon of skim milk. I would like to know its protein content

I’ve been using the whey liquid to reconstitute juice concentrate for my children (since they apparently need tryptophan)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
charlie Thiamine status in patients receiving long-term home parenteral nutrition Scientific Studies 0
D What Other Busy Health/Nutrition Forums Are There? Health 33
P looking for help to start working out, ive only studied nutrition, where do i start with fitness? Exercise 8
livesimply Nutrition For Women Book Book Recommendations 16
Pdohlen Anti-Peat Do We Create Our Own Nutrition? Debate - Anti-Peat 117
theLaw Live Stream #23: Thoughts On "The Ray Peat Diet" With Emma Sgourakis (The Nutrition Coach) Danny Roddy 0
Beastmode Beyond Nutrition Email Advice 2
H Backlash Over Meat Recommendations Raises Questions About Corporate Ties To Nutrition Scientiests Miscellaneous Health Discussions 2
ddjd Peat Approach To Gall Bladder Problems? Diet/ Nutrition/ Exercise? Ask For Help or Advice 22
berk Wanted: Calories & Food Nutrition Excel Spreadsheet Calculator Macros & Micros 3
Amazoniac Tubers And Basic Nutrition: A Comparison Between Them Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 1
Runenight201 Coincidence Or Global Shift In Nutrition The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 5
Francisco Thoughts On Daily Chocolate As A Major Source Of Nutrition Diet 35
Jamesu "Why You Can't Trust Nutrition Science & Health Claims" Including This One Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
R Educated Bodybuilder Talks About Nutrition Diet 8
Inaut How Light Governs Physiology: Nutrition, Natural Sunlight And Photobiomodulation With Bart Kay Light 1
GreekDemiGod Testosterone Optimization On RP-inspired Nutrition Logs 428
sevenzy Any One Start A Garden/farm Animals For Better Nutrition Animals 12
O Ray Peat: "Sprouts Are Good Nutrition Like A Leave" Miscellaneous Health Discussions 9
jamies33 Foolproof Nutrition Protocol For Life-long Weight Loss/PUFA Depletion Weight 94
skittles Sugar Without Adequate Nutrition = ? Sugar, Honey 33
jamies33 Keeping Nutrition Within Health 3
L Could You Review This Enteral Nutrition Product From A Ray Peat Standpoint? Diet 0
A People Have No Understanding Of Nutrition Ask For Help or Advice 102
ecstatichamster Did Anybody Fix Manboobs With Supplements, Nutrition Etc? Male Issues 30
B Formal Qualification In Nutrition Ask For Help or Advice 3
J Nutrition Data Of The US Of The Last Hundred Years Diet 8
Mossy Deciphering Fat Content On Nutrition Labels Fats 20
W Performance Nutrition (for Athletes) Diet 4
P Just Read "Balancing Body Chemistry With Nutrition" Book Recommendations 7
W Accurate Nutrition Data Sources? Diet 6
R Nutrition Researchers Have Once Again Linked Saturated Fats To Increased Coronary Heart Disease Ask For Help or Advice 20
Atma LSD Nutrition Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 6
Amazoniac Custom Supplement Files For Nutrition Tracking Apps Supplements 1
yerrag Parenteral Nutrition For People Who Can't Eat Diet 7
Amazoniac Nutrition For Women - Selected Parts Ray Peat Topics 85
Constatine Thinking About Creating A Ray Peat Nutrition App Ask For Help or Advice 11
E Dr Robert Morse Take On Nutrition - Similar To Ray Peat - Your Opinion Discussing Dietary Models 78
N Egg Shell Calcium Nutrition Data Calcium 8
I Cant Stop Thinking About Nutrition Mind, Sleep, Stress 10
Dan Wich Generative Energy #21: Beyond Nutrition: Are You Listening? Generative Energy Podcast 1
P [fructose Vs. Glucose In Total Parenteral Nutrition In Critically Ill Patients]. Scientific Studies 0
S The Only Three Things Everybody Agrees On When It Comes To Nutrition Breaking News 16
Dan Wich Generative Energy #13: Exploring Ray Peat's Work Beyond Nutrition Generative Energy Podcast 5
S Citadel Nutrition Athlete Vitamin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
CoolTweetPete Nutrition Facts Labels - Help Understanding The Fat Breakdowns Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 9
Giraffe Sulfur In Human Nutrition And Applications In Medicine Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
charlie Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - A Day Of Eating (For Me) - Danny Roddy Danny Roddy 2
4peatssake Danny Roddy - "Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - Everyday Milk" Recipes 32
Dan Wich Danny Roddy - "Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - Oxtail" Recipes 2