Nutrition In Home Made Cottage Cheese?

superhuman

Hello

When i use say 1 Liter of skimmed milk wich is around 33g protein and 49g carbs and 0,1g fat.

What is left after making the cottage cheese? i just cook up the milk add vinegar and stir and rinse :)

aquaman

superhuman said:
Hello

When i use say 1 Liter of skimmed milk wich is around 33g protein and 49g carbs and 0,1g fat.

What is left after making the cottage cheese? i just cook up the milk add vinegar and stir and rinse :)

I wonder about this too.

Made home-made ricotta yesterday which is delicious, I think the only way to do it is to find the nutrients in whey and deduct from the curds.

I found this
http://www.livestrong.com/article/42569 ... quid-whey/ - i assume this is from full fat milk though.

Whey should be 50-60% of the original litre (did you measure yours?).

So removed from the total would be around:

26 grams carbs
4 grams of protein

Leaving around:
29 protein
23 carbs
0.1 fat

--

How does it work with skim milk? I would assume that you'd get even more liquid removed, and be left with less cheese, since the milk fat solids make the cheese!

How much cheese did you get from 1 liter of skim milk?

OP
S

superhuman

That sounds about right i guess in terms of protein but that much carbs? seems alot ? i thought almost all carbs dissapered.

I made cottage cheese from 2 Liters of skimmed milk and i was left with 209 grams of cheese. The cheese is much thicker, denser and dryer then the cottage cheese you buy in the stores.

YamnayaMommy

I have been making cottage cheese using a gallon of skim milk. I would like to know its protein content

I’ve been using the whey liquid to reconstitute juice concentrate for my children (since they apparently need tryptophan)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals