Nutri-meds contains Silica - anything I can do about it?

FredSonoma

Just received Nutri-meds Bovine glandular thyroid in the mail and was really excited to try it, but it contains silica - is there anything I can do about this?

Also, I'm not sure how to compare the dosages - how much should I start off taking?

l-240.jpg
Damn them...

OP
F

FredSonoma

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 5.33.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 5.33.13 PM.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 388
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

I'm thinking I should have bought the "tablets" instead of the "capsules" - the added ingredients in the tablets are dicalcium phosphate and Pharmaceutical Glaze - not sure if those are any better.

answersfound

Yes, the capsules they added Lysine, Leucine, and Silica I believe. The Tablets they did not change.

tara

FredSonoma said:
post 112523 Also, I'm not sure how to compare the dosages - how much should I start off taking?
I'm for taking it slow. Eg 1/8 or 1/4 capsule/day, preferably split. Monitor temps and pulse and increase by a similar amount after 3 or 4 weeks if they are going in the right direction but not up to normal yet.

OP
F

FredSonoma

tara said:
post 112537
FredSonoma said:
post 112523 Also, I'm not sure how to compare the dosages - how much should I start off taking?
I'm for taking it slow. Eg 1/8 or 1/4 capsule/day, preferably split. Monitor temps and pulse and increase by a similar amount after 3 or 4 weeks if they are going in the right direction but not up to normal yet.
answersfound said:
post 112536 Yes, the capsules they added Lysine, Leucine, and Silica I believe. The Tablets they did not change.
Do you use the Tablets or the Capsules? Should I order the tablets and try to return these capsules?

Also, unrelated, but I have an idea that might (but probably not) have some relevance to Theanine and caffeine - caffeine has been shown to increase histamine release, but theanine is a antihistamine, so that could be related to why it makes tolerating caffeine easier.

D

Derek

FredSonoma said:
post 112539
tara said:
post 112537
FredSonoma said:
answersfound said:
post 112536 Yes, the capsules they added Lysine, Leucine, and Silica I believe. The Tablets they did not change.
Do you use the Tablets or the Capsules? Should I order the tablets and try to return these capsules?

Also, unrelated, but I have an idea that might (but probably not) have some relevance to Theanine and caffeine - caffeine has been shown to increase histamine release, but theanine is a antihistamine, so that could be related to why it makes tolerating caffeine easier.

Caffeine doesn't just increase histamine, it increases the whole cascade of stress hormones. That's why you need to take sugar or theanine or cypro, or whatever other chemical that lowers stress hormones; in order to tolerate it. That doesn't make caffeine bad, so long as you can find a way to balance it out.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Derek said:
post 112541
FredSonoma said:
post 112539
tara said:
post 112537
FredSonoma said:
answersfound said:

Caffeine doesn't just increase histamine, it increases the whole cascade of stress hormones. That's why you need to take sugar or theanine or cypro, or whatever other chemical that lowers stress hormones; in order to tolerate it. That doesn't make caffeine bad, so long as you can find a way to balance it out.

Okay interesting, thanks

tara

FredSonoma said:
post 112539 Do you use the Tablets or the Capsules? Should I order the tablets and try to return these capsules?

I'm using tablets. I don't know what the relative risks are with the excipients in the tablets or capsules. I figured it woudl be a bit easier to split tablets evenly, but you should be able to divide the capsule contents too, if not perfectly even. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably use what you've got, and if/when it's time to reorder, consider whether to switch.

FredSonoma said:
post 112539 caffeine has been shown to increase histamine release
I have not come across that.

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 112539
tara said:
post 112537
FredSonoma said:
answersfound said:

I use the tablets. I cannot take 130 mg at once, the capsules are not an option for me.

D

Derek

tara said:
post 112545
FredSonoma said:

Histamine is lowest when you sleep. Also, when you are lethargic, fatigued, tired, etc... Pretty much all stimulants increase histamine, because it is highest when you are alert/stimulated. That's why all the antihistamines make you tired, sleepy and lethargic. Does that make sense?

OP
F

FredSonoma

Derek said:
post 112549
tara said:
post 112545
FredSonoma said:

Histamine is lowest when you sleep. Also, when you are lethargic, fatigued, tired, etc... Pretty much all stimulants increase histamine, because it is highest when you are alert/stimulated. That's why all the antihistamines make you tired, sleepy and lethargic. Does that make sense?

Oh wow alright... yeah I didn't know that at all but makes complete sense. I have no idea what I'm doing :lol: :lol:

Any idea of why eating "high histamine" foods is making me feel tired, as related to this?

tara

Derek said:
post 112549 Histamine is lowest when you sleep. Also, when you are lethargic, fatigued, tired, etc... Pretty much all stimulants increase histamine, because it is highest when you are alert/stimulated. That's why all the antihistamines make you tired, sleepy and lethargic. Does that make sense?
I don't know. I notice reactions that I assume are histamine related are usually worse when I wake up in the morning - sneezing, itchy eyes - hay-fevery. It used to get me when I woke up in the night, too. They have seldom been severe, and they are less now than they used to be, but still occasionally noticable. They generally go down when I eat breakfast, but I think they go down a bit just from getting moving. I only ever drink small amounts of coffee, but I think it reduces these reactions.

OP
F

FredSonoma

So silica seems potentially bad, but so does dicalcium phosphate and "pharmaceutical glaze" - anyone have an opinion on which might be less bad?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 114180 So silica seems potentially bad, but so does dicalcium phosphate and "pharmaceutical glaze" - anyone have an opinion on which might be less bad?

I believe silica is worse.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 114181
FredSonoma said:
post 114180 So silica seems potentially bad, but so does dicalcium phosphate and "pharmaceutical glaze" - anyone have an opinion on which might be less bad?

Okay thanks - is there another brand that I can easily order form online?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 114182
answersfound said:
post 114181
FredSonoma said:

Yep....atrium thyroid glandular which has probably been around the longest of the ones available.....it's the one at the bottom of the link....it used to be nutri-pak...I used it before nutri-meds:

http://www.essential-vitamins.com/produ ... xGold.html

Another link:

http://www.discountvitaminshop.com/prod ... 57-39.html

American biologics is another one (probably the same exact thing)...Haidut used this he said:

http://m.luckyvitamin.com/p-7423-americ ... 0-capsules

And dr rons which is a nice supplement that has liver in it as a bonus:

http://www.drrons.com/organ-and-glandul ... aland.html

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 114186
FredSonoma said:
post 114182
answersfound said:
post 114181
FredSonoma said:

Yep....atrium thyroid glandular which has probably been around the longest of the ones available.....it's the one at the bottom of the link....it used to be nutri-pak...I used it before nutri-meds:

http://www.essential-vitamins.com/produ ... xGold.html

Another link:

http://www.discountvitaminshop.com/prod ... 57-39.html

American biologics is another one (probably the same exact thing)...Haidut used this he said:

http://m.luckyvitamin.com/p-7423-americ ... 0-capsules

And dr rons which is a nice supplement that has liver in it as a bonus:

http://www.drrons.com/organ-and-glandul ... aland.html

Thanks a lot man! Why do you use nutri-meds over all of these?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals