Nutrabio Vs Purebulk Vs Powder City?

Hi planning to order online.

Among these three what are their advantage?

From what i see, nutrabio is the most popular. Boast of full label disclosure. Has powder but their tablets in vegetarian form. No gelatin.

Purebulk is the choice of most raypeaters. Offers powders, gelatin & vegetarian capsules.

Powder city is new to me. But there is liquidation sale which is really lowest in price. Any experience buying here quality wise comparable or better than nutrabio or purebulk?

DaveFoster

I like PowderCity for the low price, and I've had good experiences with them. I'm not sure if PureBulk is allergenic, (but they probably all are); PureBulk does provide COA's, but I'm not sure about PowderCity.

shepherdgirl

Never tried nutrabio or powder city. i like the taurine from purebulk, but they put soy lecithin in their casein.

OP
HealthisWealth
I like PowderCity for the low price, and I've had good experiences with them. I'm not sure if PureBulk is allergenic, (but they probably all are); PureBulk does provide COA's, but I'm not sure about PowderCity.

yes checking their price their powder is really price low.

But the gelatin capsule theanine and sulbutiamine has maltodrexin added. Is this bad or neutral?

Ras

PowderCity gets every lot of their products third-party tested. MisterYouAreSoDumb of Ceretropic and NootropicsDepot fame says that everything of theirs he has had tested has returned good, and he's very strict about product purity.

Wagner83

Nutrabio claim to produce most of their supplements in their labs, in the States, and are supposedly inspected on a regular basis. They mostly (only?) use rice flour as a filler.
As for how nutrabio, PC or BS produce their supplements, I don't know how , Ray has said many times that in the process of producing the supplements harmful contaminants were at play.

OP
HealthisWealth
@Ras @shepherdgirl @DaveFoster

Have you tried supplements in gelatine capsule ( theanine, lysine, thiamine, niacinamide) I checked powder city but it has added maltrodextrin. At purebulk there is no information online.

shepherdgirl

@HealthisWealth
My PureBulk taurine caps say
"other ingredients: gelatin capsule (bovine source)". They list no other ingredients. Best to double check when you order tho - for ex. Now brand changed its taurine caps from gelatin to veg. cellulose.

Ras

@shepherdgirl Thanks for those info.

@Ras How about other online supplement store purebulk and bulksupplements third party testing / purity?
I know only that I've read MisterYouAreSoDumb question the purity of Bulk Supplements' products and practices (like paying for reviews on Amazon). I don't know of a good way to search his comments for proof, as the Reddit search is poor, but I've been reading his comments for months now and remember a few instances of him questioning the purity of their products and, at least one time, reporting that his own testing of their product corroborated his testimony.

I don't remember if he's said anything about PureBulk.

Wagner83

Thanks to @pete I just realized nutrabio, like all supplements makers, source their raw ingredients from foreign countries , so I'm not sure they are any better. It's good to think twice before deciding to supplement anything, Ray often quotes an experiment done by someone who dissolved an ascorbic acid supplement in water only to find an incredible number of free radicals, not to mention all the bad reactions to basic supplements he has seen over the decades.

pete

Mark Glazier on Quality & Manufacturing | NutraBio Blog

"The biggest challenge I have as a manufacturer is sourcing raw materials."

- Mark Glazier, NutraBio CEO & Founder

Glazier on sourcing ingredients, “It shouldn’t matter if the ingredient is from Shanghai, China or Hoboken, NJ; if it’s properly tested for purity, potency, composition and identity than the consumer will get a safe, efficacious supplement every time.”

Try asking Nutrabio for the country of origin of the main ingredient.

Last edited:
OP
HealthisWealth
@Ras

I almost buy at bulk supplements because they have more a detailed/user friendly website with complete info.

No issue on the maltodextrin in the capsules of powder city? Are the scoop include if you buy powder?

Ras

@Ras

I almost buy at bulk supplements because they have more a detailed/user friendly website with complete info.

No issue on the maltodextrin in the capsules of powder city? Are the scoop include if you buy powder?
Every bulk powder I've purchased from PowderCity has come with an appropriate scoop. However, for lower dosage supplements, one would do well to use a scale.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals