Nucleotidyltransferase Enzymes Inhibitors Suppress Herpes Virus Up To 891,000 Fold

Soren

Forum Supporter
This is a study from 2014 that I am trying to get my head around. It shows that certain substances that interfere with the Nucleotidyltransferase Enzymes (NTS) which are a critical process in the replication of the virus greatly reduce their ability to replicate.

Inhibitors of Nucleotidyltransferase Superfamily Enzymes Suppress Herpes Simplex Virus Replication

Study finds enzyme inhibitors suppress herpes simplex virus replication

They tested 42 different compounds that inhibit these NTS Enzymes but the most effective were in the the tropolone, polyoxygenated heterocyle, and hydroxyxanthenone derivative families (no idea what those are).

The most effective compound was a tropolone called Manicol;
"The best antagonist at 5 μM was compound 56 (manicol), which inhibited HSV-1 by 5.14 log10 units (138,000-fold) and HSV-2 by 5.95 log10 units (891,000-fold). For comparison, the approved anti-HSV drug ACV inhibited HSV-1 replication at 5 μM by 3.61 log10 units (4,070-fold) and HSV-2 by 2.88 log10 units (758-fold) in this assay."

I can't find much information about the substances listed and I still don't fully understand what the method of action so I'm going to have to dive into the study a bit more deeply. But given how much damage that latent viruses in the body can do this is something I am certainly keen to follow up on.

There is one substance that comes to mind that may exert its effect on virus' the same way as these NTS substances and that is Olive Leaf extract. The active compound in olive leaf extract Oleuropein and it's metabolite Hydroxytyrosol inhibit the viral enzyme integrase.

However this study suggest that these NTS enzymes block multiple events in the replication cycle.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals