Now Low Cortisol? Already Hypothyroid And Low Hormones. What To Do?

Lucas

@Lucas when you said had, does that mean you are no longer hypo? Joint pain is often associated with low thyroid function and/or high reverse T3. What was your ferritin when you were hypo? 300 is high, but I have heard/read several folks even on this forum that felt horrible with ferritin as low as mine.
Sorry, It to be "have" and not "had". I still working to cure my hypothyroidism, and always have high iron.

yoshiesque

i personally dont believe u can be low cortisol and hypothyroid. thats like the only two sources of energy pathways u got. get a 24 hour urine test to see total cortisol. most doctors do that no need to get special tests for it. i wasted money on saliva testing. and look into how ur taking t3/t4 for many t4 doesnt work so t3 is better. in fact t4 can be an issue for people (it is for me).

FitnessMike

Low potassium intake, could be an issue. Progesterone keeps potassium from depleting, taking thyroid depletes potassium, high aldosterone depletes potassium.

Progesterone rises, to support extra potassium absorption, causing cortisol to fall. Progesterone won't be converting to cortisol or allopregnenolone.

Getting RDA of potassium 4500mg and some more from KCl, also higher doses of B2(riboflavin) will be helpful. B1 and B2 deficiencies are becoming more prevalent, and getting replete in B2 can take weeks at high dose.

MgCl and NaCl intakes could be researched as well.

will progesterone convert into aldosterone if your deficient?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals