Notice How Weird Celery Has Started To Look...??

DMF

At the produce section, the celery, what I used to eat alot of, is showing strange, odd "varients" - thin, stringy, dark green stalks that don't even look edible.
Are these the current generation or end result of genetic engineered food?
How about lemons - so many seeds...
What next....

Peachy

At the produce section, the celery, what I used to eat alot of, is showing strange, odd "varients" - thin, stringy, dark green stalks that don't even look edible.
Are these the current generation or end result of genetic engineered food?
How about lemons - so many seeds...
What next....
I think seedy lemons is probably closer to natural. I have noticed my celery is rotting fast for the first time ever.

TheSir

I think the thin greener celery has been harvested raw. I buy organic celery every now and then, sometimes they are like that and other times they are lighter in color, thicker and shorter.

OP
D

DMF

I think the thin greener celery has been harvested raw. I buy organic celery every now and then, sometimes they are like that and other times they are lighter in color, thicker and shorter.
They're so thin like they've been harvested too early - hardley any meat there.

BearWithMe

Why would you buy a celery? It have absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever

L

Lord Cola

Food sold in stores has been becoming unappealing for consumption, more like furniture. Even "fresh" stuff is sold encased in some unfriendly material, after being exposed to unhealthy blueish light for hours. There is nothing that is not unadulterated - people find ways to inject their "value" into perfectly fine produce, ruining them in the process. And unwitting consumers are forced to digest the aftermath of this disgusting, ubiquitous and nihiilistic process.

GreenTrails

I make the GAPS shake which consists of: apples, carrot, celery, wedge of beetroot and wedge of purple cabbage. Blend in Vitamix; add some organic coconut oil. I buy organic celery, and it's great.

ursidae

it's a different variety. The dark celery with thin stalks is more mineral rich, higher in sodium