Nothing Works

Vinero

Listen to me. You probably have bacterial overgrowth in the intestines and insulin resistance from all the milk and OJ. I recommend to you the ketogenic diet. It's great for hair but takes like a year to see results. I really wanna help you. Some of my best tips are: Increase potassium and magnesium alot. Don't stress. Sleep before 11 pm.

Good luck!
How do milk and OJ cause insulin resistance? That doesn't make sense. Explain the mechanism and maybe I'll take you seriously.
Ketogenic diet you must be joking right? Being in ketosis is the definition of metabolic stress. Adrenaline, cortisol and free fatty acids cause insulin resistance, which are all raised by ketogenic diets.

Wagner83

Thanks for those links. I thought you were joking.
Don't quote me on that but amazoniac may have some more posts on vit d3, he generally dislikes supplemental vitamin d3 very much (and people tend to supplements without doing blood tests).

rw39

bite the bullet and try hgh. it helps my hair but probably bad for me.

Vinero

Do you know that HGH makes all of your organs grow, like your heart and intestines.
That's why many who abuse HGH can die from a heart attack due to enlarged heart.
Bodybuilders are known to abuse HGH and die early from it, Rich Pianas death a few months ago is a good example of a death that could have been avoided.
There are far safer ways to help regrow hair.

rw39

Do you know that HGH makes all of your organs grow, like your heart and intestines.
That's why many who abuse HGH can die from a heart attack due to enlarged heart.
Bodybuilders are known to abuse HGH and die early from it, Rich Pianas death a few months ago is a good example of a death that could have been avoided.

At astronomical levels. From a peaty standpoint, the concerns with it are the cortisol boosts and the debate about whether it accelerates aging.

MrThyroid

dont feed the troll and dont spread half-truths out you dont know if he died on hgh because he said in interview that he maybe only consumed two times hgh.
Also if you would know that hgh is extremely expensive and hard to get you would know that he trolls or at least talkign crap

Vinero

dont feed the troll and dont spread half-truths out you dont know if he died on hgh because he said in interview that he maybe only consumed two times hgh.
Also if you would know that hgh is extremely expensive and hard to get you would know that he trolls or at least talkign crap
Rich piana died of heart failure caused by an enlarged heart, which was caused by growth hormone and other crap he was taking.
How did rich piana die according to you then? I'm not an expert on Rich Piana, only watched a few interviews.

tara

Another cheap and free thing you need to do is get an idea of your temps throughout the day. Waking temp is a huge indicator here of thyroid function.
+1.
Also, another cheap DIY thing you can do is record what you eat for a few days to get an idea of what nutrition you are getting from your food. Eg cronometer.com or similar is one way. That can give you a rough idea of what you are getting by way of calories, carbs, protein, minerals, etc.
(Ignore it's restrictive low-calorie recommendations thought - no good for a growing young man or sustaining a healthy metabolism.)
If you want to report this back here, you'll probably get more opinions (some of which you may find helpful:) )
Get about 30 min - hour of full body sun exposure a day (if you live in a place where you can't do this just get as much as you can)
+1

Seeing what you can do to support metabolism by meeting basic needs for nutrition etc. seems to me to take precedence over a lot of supplements.

Lucenzo01

When nothing Peaty works it's time to try Vitamin C. Just start taking grams of ascorbic acid and see how you feel. I recommend Pure Bulk if you are in USA: bulk powders in the EU.

There was a time when I was ingesting 50 grams/day of vitamin C. I took 10 grams for every meal and I didn't get the bowel tolerance. The more I took the better I felt. Until one day I got my limit and a massive ***t was seen that day. I downgraded it to 20 grams/day, my current dose. It's a highly underrated antidepressant and nootropic IME. It stacks fantastically with Kuinone.

Just letting you know that your road to improvement could be the cheapest vitamin ever. Good luck.

CLASH

@franc0
Can you tell me what your original diet was before peating? What issues were you experiencing that lead you to peating?

OP
F

franc0

@franc0
Can you tell me what your original diet was before peating? What issues were you experiencing that lead you to peating?
it's changed quite a fair bit, as a teen, in order to stay slim I'd under eat, then at around 17 I noticed my hair thinning extensively so I became somewhat obsessed with nutrition, which led me to Chris Kresser and the paleo world, previous to that I had started to gravitate to vegetarianism, although never fully adopting it.
My diet was probably a myriad of fruits and vegetables with some protein, I remember I counted like 10 servings of different fruits/vegetables in one day, but yeah I was anti milk and cheese, cos of acne and halitosis, anti bread cos of gluten and weight gain, I'd cook everything in olive oil thinking I was being so healthy, I was definitely over hydrating myself, I'd drink jugs of water at my desk doing work, to mitigate kidney pains.
Scouring Youtube for hair loss solutions I came across Danny Roddy,
My main health problem was my Hair loss in which led me to RP, but tbh I suffered with acne, gynocomastia, fatigue, depression/anxiety, cold hands and feet, and mental fog.
Since peating I've noticed I've never been this lucid and sharp mentally in my entire life, whilst I still suffer with some of my problems, I do feel somewhat improved.
I remember summertime one of my friends was showing a person we'd met an old photo of us all from about a year and a half ago, and I remember the guy saying I looked much older in the photo than I did now, and that was when I'd just started supplementing with niacin, taurine and vitamin E.

Luckytype

it's changed quite a fair bit, as a teen, in order to stay slim I'd under eat, then at around 17 I noticed my hair thinning extensively so I became somewhat obsessed with nutrition, which led me to Chris Kresser and the paleo world, previous to that I had started to gravitate to vegetarianism, although never fully adopting it.
My diet was probably a myriad of fruits and vegetables with some protein, I remember I counted like 10 servings of different fruits/vegetables in one day, but yeah I was anti milk and cheese, cos of acne and halitosis, anti bread cos of gluten and weight gain, I'd cook everything in olive oil thinking I was being so healthy, I was definitely over hydrating myself, I'd drink jugs of water at my desk doing work, to mitigate kidney pains.
Scouring Youtube for hair loss solutions I came across Danny Roddy,
My main health problem was my Hair loss in which led me to RP, but tbh I suffered with acne, gynocomastia, fatigue, depression/anxiety, cold hands and feet, and mental fog.
Since peating I've noticed I've never been this lucid and sharp mentally in my entire life, whilst I still suffer with some of my problems, I do feel somewhat improved.
I remember summertime one of my friends was showing a person we'd met an old photo of us all from about a year and a half ago, and I remember the guy saying I looked much older in the photo than I did now, and that was when I'd just started supplementing with niacin, taurine and vitamin E.
@franc0

Ill be honest here, what youre describing is very close to classic thyroid dysfunction.

From the physical changes(all of them), the changes in androgens and especially the brain fog.

What was your body temp when you woke up and what is your temp as you sit right now?

tara

tara

Do you even peat?
I wonder how the good doctor would feel about being verbed? :)

People here have been inspired in many different ways by Peat's work.
You can be healthy eating only a few foods like Meat, Milk and White rice, Coca-cola and Coffee with no supplements.
If it works for you, that's great. I'm not sure it's what Peat would recommend in general for most people. This doesn't match my interpretation.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/growth-hormone.shtml

OP
F

franc0

When nothing Peaty works it's time to try Vitamin C. Just start taking grams of ascorbic acid and see how you feel. I recommend Pure Bulk if you are in USA: bulk powders in the EU.

There was a time when I was ingesting 50 grams/day of vitamin C. I took 10 grams for every meal and I didn't get the bowel tolerance. The more I took the better I felt. Until one day I got my limit and a massive ***t was seen that day. I downgraded it to 20 grams/day, my current dose. It's a highly underrated antidepressant and nootropic IME. It stacks fantastically with Kuinone.

Just letting you know that your road to improvement could be the cheapest vitamin ever. Good luck.
thanks mate, I completely underlooked vitamin C
@franc0

Ill be honest here, what youre describing is very close to classic thyroid dysfunction.

From the physical changes(all of them), the changes in androgens and especially the brain fog.

What was your body temp when you woke up and what is your temp as you sit right now?
This is the funny thing, I went to a Doctor when I was 17 saying I thought I was Hypothyroid and she couldn't give less of a s**t what I thought,
I don't have a thermometer rn, But I'll start taking temps in the future.

tara

I don't have a thermometer rn, But I'll start taking temps in the future.
Note that it often takes 5-10 mins for a thermometer to come up to body temp, even if it tells you it's done more quickly. (I have a digital one, and I leave it in place till it gives at least two consecutive readings the same. If I believed it the first time it beeped, I'd be reading at least 1 C colder.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals