not much appetite for solid food lately

Peata

What does it mean if I don't have much appetite for solid food lately, but just want to keep drinking tasty things?

This week, I really don't want to be bothered with eating solid food, but if I could get by with drinking my Peaty coffee all day long, I would (with a few solids thrown in, like the carrot salad).

I know this is temporary. I don't think it's because of the heat, at least not entirely, because I'm staying indoors where it's cool.

I noticed yesterday even most of the solid foods I had were quite juicy or watery.

Rolan

How long have you been doing the Peaty thing? I'm on my 3rd/4th week and feel exactly the same, although I had gone off solid foods for various reasons BEFORE going all Peaty and so this feels like an outlet. It's also pretty hot so I feel like drinking more fluids like Milk, Oj, Coffee, some Coke, little bits of water etc. Cooking solid food is slightly unappealing right now

I'd just ride with it for now and keep your calories right(get enough). I know when I want something solid, usually potato and meat etc, and simply abide by that craving. It's also really important for me to remember that this is not a liquid diet per se, and that there is no 'Ray Peat Diet', but that context is everything. Some may just want to drink more than eat.

:2cents

Mastemah

It's fine to not eat many solid foods for a while. Very common for periods of time with follow Peat ideas...