Not knowing what to say...

cbar09

Thanks, do you not find you become jittery?
It can certainly happen, yes. I would experiment with smaller doses of caffeine maybe, but always make sure to have adequate sucrose/protein/nutrients when you're taking it. I find caffeine pills are easier to assess than coffee and just make sure I take it with a meal or substantial calories.

Coffee is more hit or miss for me. I tend to dilute the coffee pretty strongly with sugar/honey/maple syrup and milk/salt/gelatin to combat the potential adrenaline response.

But in general if I'm eating enough nutrient dense foods with an adequate sugar source then I don't notice any downsides to the pure caffeine. In fact, I'm sometimes able to fall asleep after taking a 200mg pill in the middle/late day - something Ray has mentioned can happen in response to thyroid supplements, which would follow as caffeine can definitely have thyroid-mimetic effects.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine. When you get enough full spectrum light you will seek out conversations/social interactions and the verbal/cognitive fluency will flow with ease. :)

Tarmander

Schisandra is a gentle herb that can help with this.

But I wonder if it is also something you can practice. If in your mind you are looking for "interesting" things to say, you will be constantly arguing with yourself, weighing, trying. All things that bring you out of the moment.

I would try to be more observational. If you feel that feeling like you don't know what to talk about, just point things out. "That is a nice palm tree" It will get yourself back into the moment's flow and hopefully get conversation moving.

OP
K

K2000

Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine. When you get enough full spectrum light you will seek out conversations/social interactions and the verbal/cognitive fluency will flow with ease. :)
I live in Scotland, we don't get a whole lot of sunshine here!

AdoTintor

Your personality is a cordoned off area, separate from the body as a whole, determined in childhood and largely immutable. There is nothing holistic about ones personality. Its not possible that stress hormones rise in social situations that you don't do well in, creating a negative feedback loop where you do even worse. And its not possible to break that cycle with a pill (like MDMA).

P

Peatness

I live in Scotland, we don't get a whole lot of sunshine here!

Infinite

I've definitely noticed this! too bad my day job is working on a computer 8 hrs a day...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I've definitely noticed this! too bad my day job is working on a computer 8 hrs a day...
I would try to limit the blue light from the computer if possible. You can use Iris software: Protect your Eyes. Be Healthy. Achieve more | Iris

I would also try my best to get sunlight right at sunrise. Even if you can only get 15-20 minutes you will be a ton better off for it. Also, sunlight towards the evening is great too.

OP
K

K2000

Thanks, I do have a Biomax Platinum 900 but haven't been using it so much recently, maybe I need to address that!

LucyL

I feel that it's also the ability to joke and laugh that I'm missing, despite me not being a serious person inside my head.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately too. I tend to think it is an energetic issue - at the cellular level, as all things are. I look at my 5 year old, when he is tired or overwrought, he can be a real chatty cathy, but he is not typically chatty. Yet, his conversation is always free, and unforced. And i think it correlates to the healthy, energetic state of most children. That ability to ask any question that pops up, laugh at something that's funny, make a comment about something you're observing, all those things I find difficult at times, particularly when I'm tired and feel at the boundaries of my energy. It's hard to reverse engineer that childlike energetic state as an adult. Increasing caloric intake (eat more, as most people here advise) is really the first step, especially if you're taking any sort of supplement stack.

Infinite

I would try to limit the blue light from the computer if possible. You can use Iris software: Protect your Eyes. Be Healthy. Achieve more | Iris

I would also try my best to get sunlight right at sunrise. Even if you can only get 15-20 minutes you will be a ton better off for it. Also, sunlight towards the evening is great too.

I’ll have to try this! It’s hard waking up early already, but hopefully the daily sun will help me get to sleep on time. Thanks for the tips.

redsun

Hi, I'm wondering whether it's possible to help boost verbal fluency and the ability to be chatty and engaging and whether there's a possible cause that would lead someone (me) to struggle to keep conversations flowing. I do fun things and I have a small circle of friends, but I'm constantly searching for what to say and to inject fun and enthusiasm into a conversation. It's making me wonder whether it's a biological thing (lack of dopamine, perhaps). I'm fit, active, I think I eat well, take vitamin B & D regularly.

Some people are just not as quick witted and not every conversation can be fun and exciting. Sometimes you need to not try so hard which may make it worse.

But otherwise, boosting acetylcholine and also caffeine can help. They increase arousal and alertness. Ach also is needed for verbal fluency and intelligence but dopamine and norepinephrine are vital for being more outgoing and verbal.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I’ll have to try this! It’s hard waking up early already, but hopefully the daily sun will help me get to sleep on time. Thanks for the tips.
Yes, getting the light at sunrise will set the circadian rythym so going to sleep at night is easier. Also, make sure to limit blue light, screen time, artificial light, etc after dark. :hattip

OP
K

K2000

THanks, I'm already using Iris on my laptop and phone.

OP
K

K2000

Some people are just not as quick witted and not every conversation can be fun and exciting. Sometimes you need to not try so hard which may make it worse.

But otherwise, boosting acetylcholine and also caffeine can help. They increase arousal and alertness. Ach also is needed for verbal fluency and intelligence but dopamine and norepinephrine are vital for being more outgoing and verbal.
Thanks! Do you have any specific recommendations for boosting those neurotransmitters, as far as I thought, eating plenty of eggs and liver would be enough, but I may be mistaken!

Mr.Cacciatore

Thanks! I did try injectable T for a while, but honestly, I can't say it made much difference, maybe I hadn't got my protocol completely dialled. I did put a load of weight on, which wasn't ideal!

I've been using Cortinon, Pansterone, Tyronene and Tyromax recently, should that help?
I would say that pregnenolone and progesterone can make me relaxed and chilled out, but at the same time if i don't take supraphysiologicalamount of androgens they make me a little submissive, and quite, not talkative at all. Sure no anxiety, but ot talkative or outgoing neither, or at least not that much. For me androgens beat every other hormones if you want to be taklative and outgoing. T3 can be a close second, like a caffeine effective, ma without being jittery. Thyroid makes me happy and positive, more willing to socialize, but i am not that determined and in "assault mode" with girls or friend like testosterone.
Then of course a synergy of both androgens, t3/t4 and progesterone/pregnenolone could be even better.

Now, if you want to be more taklative like two night a week, like on firday and saturday nights, to pick up etc, Phenibut or other recreational substances are very effect, even just alcohol, but of course they have side effects and can't be used every day.

I think Peat likes GHB. I tried it in the past and it is the best thing in the world. It makes me super euphoric, extremy horny willingly to socialize and **** the ***t out of every girl and making new friends all the time.

Ben.

I disagree to a certain point that it is just personality due my life experience.

When health is where it should be, your in the present and conversations organicly happen and are fruitfull/satisfying and your part of the things that are happening around you.
Often times, seemingly quit people or thoose that appear shy are either not able to relate/be part of the present interactions of the fellow people around them and/or are stuck in their head with other topics/thoughts/worlds. It also seems like both "parties" can feel these situations. Usually expressed in ways like "this guys wierd, rather not invite him" or "these people are so shallow or simpleminded ... i dont want to be part of their group"

For myself, i came to the conclusion that it is not simply a personality trait due to the simple occurences where hormones or neurotransmitters or w/e else where in the right place and suddenly a lifelong "trait" feels and seem it stems from a completly different person and suddenly one finds him/herself being able to be part of w/e situation one is in, completly organicly without thinking consciously about it or needing to do something specific about it to make it work.

Alcohol and its effect on people who suddenly become "loose, open, talkactive and funny" would make for a great illustration of what im trying to say here.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately too. I tend to think it is an energetic issue - at the cellular level, as all things are. I look at my 5 year old, when he is tired or overwrought, he can be a real chatty cathy, but he is not typically chatty. Yet, his conversation is always free, and unforced. And i think it correlates to the healthy, energetic state of most children. That ability to ask any question that pops up, laugh at something that's funny, make a comment about something you're observing, all those things I find difficult at times, particularly when I'm tired and feel at the boundaries of my energy. It's hard to reverse engineer that childlike energetic state as an adult. Increasing caloric intake (eat more, as most people here advise) is really the first step, especially if you're taking any sort of supplement stack.

I like this point of view. Altough i personally can't say eating more or supplements helped to much personally.

Sunlight as charlie said, Red Light, Muscle/Fascia release, Parasympathetic work seem to help me personally to get more into the desired state.
Altough the most intense and concrete effects i had thus far to reduce the mindcloud or thoughtcarussel (among other symptoms) came from antihelminthics, liver flush and simply good company/good conversation with people i genuienly like and want to spent time with.

But im with you, i see it being connected/dependent deeply with ones health.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Try being on your phone less than 30 minutes a day. Works for me.
Better yet, turn it on airplane mode or chuck it in the garbage.

P

Peatness

Is iristech similar to f.lux ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals