Not knowing what to say...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

LucyL

But im with you, i see it being connected/dependent deeply with ones health.

Yeah, I notice it at the dinner table after a long day of work. My husband will make a comment mildly humorous, and my response will be to slump down further in my chair. But the kids will laugh and comment. And I notice sometimes I can smile and engage and it is the energetic state that defines my response. The kids are with their higher energy are open, even looking for the engagement and banter that can weigh heavily on me.

It's taken me a couple years to get to the point where eating more actually has a noticeable effect on my energetic level. Everyone's journey is different of course, but until one gets to the point where you can notice a response to things like thyroid, caloric intake may not make a noticeable difference.

Mufasa

Better yet, turn it on airplane mode or chuck it in the garbage.
Im actually trying to fully switch to a 2G Nokia phone without internet. Sometimes hard, for example, no Google Maps of course in your car, but so liberating...

Stilgar

I live in Scotland, we don't get a whole lot of sunshine here!

I’m in Scotland too. It’s a depressing country, let’s be honest. But I think the collective humour makes it enjoyable. Have you tried a different line of work that might suit you better? (Not sure what line of work you’re in). I work somewhere with minimal stress to help me focus on the small things like talking a bit more or challenging myself to talk to different people. I know a lot of people who are too serious, myself included, but I think the best focus is learn to not take yourself so seriously. Learn to play a little more - by yourself or with others. Serotonin is probably at the root. There are ways to loosen up - I don’t drink but it helps some people. Psychedelics have helped me to lighten up considerably. And don’t hang out with serious people so much.

OP
K

K2000

Try being on your phone less than 30 minutes a day. Works for me.
Brilliant advice, I'm forever getting bombarded with messages, emails, notifications etc. It's quite hard to get away from, particularly with work.

OP
K

K2000

I’m in Scotland too. It’s a depressing country, let’s be honest. But I think the collective humour makes it enjoyable. Have you tried a different line of work that might suit you better? (Not sure what line of work you’re in). I work somewhere with minimal stress to help me focus on the small things like talking a bit more or challenging myself to talk to different people. I know a lot of people who are too serious, myself included, but I think the best focus is learn to not take yourself so seriously. Learn to play a little more - by yourself or with others. Serotonin is probably at the root. There are ways to loosen up - I don’t drink but it helps some people. Psychedelics have helped me to lighten up considerably. And don’t hang out with serious people so much.
I work in the outdoors, well, guiding in the mountains, which when it's good, it great, however, I'm currently injured and so not able to get out. Instead, I'm doing a lot of admin for the business, which is ok, if quite tedious at times. That said, it's only 3 or 4 hours on most days, so not exactly hard work, just quite monotonous. I'm pretty driven to stay active, despite being injured.

I agree that it could well be a serotonin issue, but despite trying quite a few things, nothing seems to make much of a difference.

OP
K

K2000

I would add to this that I also seem to suffer from:

-Motivation, or lack of, so procrastination
-Inability to grasp complex concepts
-Erectile dysfunction (not sure if it's related)
-lack of confidence/self-esteem

Last edited:
OP
K

K2000

hows your thyroid?
These figures were from a year ago, but I don't feel that much has changed since then:

TSH: 1.19 mlU/L Range: 0.27-4.2
Free T3: 4.56 pmol/L Range: 3.1-6.8
Free Thyroxine: 14.3 pmol/L Range: 12-22

UPDATE
I've just realised that I have a more recent test (from Jan this year):
TSH: 0.8 mlU/L
Free Thyroxine: 17.1 pmol/L

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Not knowing what to say = anxiety

Put yourself under social pressure as often as possible. Talk to random people. Cashiers, shop assistants, uber drivers... Go to events and socialize. Do toastmasters if necessary.

It is called exposure therapy. After a while, the social anxiety will go away and with it will go away the problem of not knowing what to say.

With practice you will also quickly learn the bull**** smalltalk topics people use so they have something to talk about when they doesn't have anything to talk about

retroactive

if you feel slowed down/brain fog this could be due to endotoxin or other sources of inflammation, or allergenic foods. Addressing allergenic foods and improving gut inflammation/digestion has helped me with this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals