Not Doing Well On High Fruit | Juice Intake

GreekDemiGod

Does anyone else experience the same, I don't do well on a high intake of fruit and / or OJ.
Hunger, frequent urination, impaired sleep are the symptoms I get.

If I keep my intake low to 1-2 glasses of fresh, cold-pressed juice, I find it is just the right amount that leaves me refreshed in the moment. But whenever I try to go full-Peat, the symptoms mentioned above are there.
Since fruit is metabolized very quickly, I find it a hassle to always replentish your glucose / fructose intake throught the day to feel OK and to last through the night.

Should fruit intake be much more slowly increased for beginners to this metabilic diet?
Are there folks who never adapt to a high-fruit diet?

ExCarniv

Same for me, I only drink a glass of OJ in the morning, then maybe one more before workout with a pinch of salt. Less than half liter feels normal.

Fruit only with meals, maybe two-three servings per day tops.

And never fruit alone, always with some protein, like a block of cheese if I want a snack.

johnwester130

it goes best with well salted meat, especially if you cook the meat in coconut oil

a steak, salted, cooked in coconut oil goes best with fruit

Korven

it goes best with well salted meat, especially if you cook the meat in coconut oil

a steak, salted, cooked in coconut oil goes best with fruit

Yep, the combination of fruit + meat is a winner.

Lately I've been experimenting with a higher fruit intake and without adequate animal nutrition to support the sugar I get super cold extremities + jittery uncomfortable energy but somehow still am lethargic. I don't know how fruitarians cope during winter time, I feel like trash trying to get by eating only fruit when it's snowy and cold outside.

However add some red meat (just 100 grams is enough) along with the fruit and I heat up like a furnace and get super warm hands and feet and just feel awesome. Coconut fat boosts this thermogenic effect further.

@CLASH Btw thanks for the information you share in your posts on here, they're very helpful and have helped me settle on a diet based largely on fruits and meat + cutting out all dairy and starch. I feel like my body is actually starting to heal now from a lifetime of shitty health

Cloudhands

Maybe u need more choline? Maybe eat less at a time because liver glycogen storage is low? Maybe more salt? Possibly more magnesium and B vitamins? To find out, stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball!

CLASH

Yep, the combination of fruit + meat is a winner.

Lately I've been experimenting with a higher fruit intake and without adequate animal nutrition to support the sugar I get super cold extremities + jittery uncomfortable energy but somehow still am lethargic. I don't know how fruitarians cope during winter time, I feel like trash trying to get by eating only fruit when it's snowy and cold outside.

However add some red meat (just 100 grams is enough) along with the fruit and I heat up like a furnace and get super warm hands and feet and just feel awesome. Coconut fat boosts this thermogenic effect further.

@CLASH Btw thanks for the information you share in your posts on here, they're very helpful and have helped me settle on a diet based largely on fruits and meat + cutting out all dairy and starch. I feel like my body is actually starting to heal now from a lifetime of shitty health

No worries man, I'm glad my posts are helping out. I have similar responses to your to this diet. I have tried to introduce starch quite a few times from different sources and I feel subpar in comparison. Dairy is a hard no for me lol. Hearing others reference experiences are very helpful, thanks for your post.

D

danishispsychic

Going to chime in here- I just did 7 day orange juice fast- and I used to hate orange juice and it did the same thing to me.... until... I just decided to go bonkers do nothing but fresh squeezed sweet orange juice from Gelsons. They squeeze it in the store. It is nectar. I add salt to it sometimes. Now I am adding back in some veggies and salads , but still downing the 11.99 bottles of the most amazing OJ ever. I will stop after this week... ( maybe. ) For me... I really had to find the freshest sweet orange juice from ripe oranges . None of the faux fresh squeeze stuff works. Also, when I went all in on it, like at least 32 oz a day ( ok, I had some coffee too ) all of a sudden OJ works for me. Only the Gelsons one though.

Korven

How do you get Calcium?

Surprisingly I get almost 1 g calcium every day just by eating lots of whole fruits (citrus fruits have lots of it) and greens, which means the ratio between calcium and phosphorus is about 1:1.2 - pretty decent.

I also take 4000 IU vitamin D to ensure good calcium absorption and make a nettle infusion which contains plenty of calcium and other minerals.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Maybe u need more choline? Maybe eat less at a time because liver glycogen storage is low? Maybe more salt? Possibly more magnesium and B vitamins? To find out, stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball!
I eat eggs regularly.
I eat 4+ times / day,
I take a B complex right now.

Will test the salt hypothesis, although I already have a good salt intake, I reckon, I put it on meat, I drink salted water.

schultz

If I keep my intake low to 1-2 glasses of fresh, cold-pressed juice, I find it is just the right amount that leaves me refreshed in the moment. But whenever I try to go full-Peat, the symptoms mentioned above are there.

Same for me, I only drink a glass of OJ in the morning, then maybe one more before workout with a pinch of salt. Less than half liter feels normal.

A 'glass' of orange juice is usually more than a cup, or least with the glasses that I have. The only cup in my house that holds a true 'cup' filled to the top is my kids 'bunnykins' mug, and that's like two gulps for me. Are you sure you guys aren't drinking more juice than you think? Or do you measure out a cup and drink it?

ExCarniv

A 'glass' of orange juice is usually more than a cup, or least with the glasses that I have. The only cup in my house that holds a true 'cup' filled to the top is my kids 'bunnykins' mug, and that's like two gulps for me. Are you sure you guys aren't drinking more juice than you think? Or do you measure out a cup and drink it?

A Glass is like 200-250ml, most days is all the OJ that I drink and workout days two glasses, more than that and i start to hate it and get heartburn and cold extremities.

schultz

A Glass is like 200-250ml, most days is all the OJ that I drink and workout days two glasses, more than that and i start to hate it and get heartburn and cold extremities.

You must have tiny glasses. Mine hold 2 cups. It's not that I didn't believe you, I was just pointing out that when someone says they had a cup of 'X' it may infact be more than a literal measured cup.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I feel like eating pure sugar / glocose / fructose on its own is a big no most of the time.
I ate some figs last night, without anything else. Felt a bit depressing / disgusting.
I will combine sugars with protein from now on.

ExCarniv

I feel like eating pure sugar / glocose / fructose on its own is a big no most of the time.
I ate some figs last night, without anything else. Felt a bit depressing.

Same for me, probably the lack of salt, because the only time I eat/drink sugar by itself is before workout, combined with salt and gives me good energy .

Other than that if I eat/drink sugar alone it doesn't feel right.

milkboi

I ate some figs last night, without anything else. Felt a bit depressing / disgusting.

Sugar on its own will elevate tryptophan and therefore serotonin in the brain.

D

danishispsychic

@danishispsychic I thought about trying a 7-day juice fast, just for fun. But raw juice is quite expensive, and I need more protein to support my muscle mass.
yes it is expensive unless you get your own oranges by the crate an juice them. I have a muscle y body too and was suprised to see a lot of really muscle tone from the oj- not sure how that is but..... anyway, it is only a week and it can be hard to do but it makes you super happy and digestion is super good.