Nose Tube For Frolov Type Device?

svartberg

Been using Artur's DIY device, not a fan of mouth breathing so couldn't help and wonder, wouldn't it work with a nose tube?

Reckon can hook up some of those nose masks, to the vinyl tube easily.

Anyone tried something of that sort?

images

MEWS

Have you asked Artour? He answers questions on his website. Frolov device accordion tubing is prone to harboring mold. I switched it with smooth silicon tubing.

OP
S

svartberg

Update, ended up buying a 3$ oxygen mask.

It connects extremely well to artur's diy device, and that piece is easily detachable for washing.
Oxygen masks unfortunately aren't built to be airtight, so had to tape couple holes, and I still think some air escapes somewhere.

So far feels much better than mouth breathing frolov, so will keep testing and try fixing issues.

IsPU1CQ.jpg

Blossom

Forum Supporter
MCR Medical CPR Rescue Mask, Adult/Child Pocket Resuscitator, Hard Case with Wrist Strap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008NP66UW/?&ref=flgs_ip_share

An ambu mask would probably give you a better seal. You'd have to hold it to your face but they are designed so air doesn't leak out very much.

The one in your first post is a nasal cpap mask and those are usually pretty expensive but I like the idea!

OP
S

svartberg

I'm getting better results by using smaller tube diameter to allow for softer breather (and hence less pressure to burst the tape sealing the side holes)
Also using two hands to secure the mask better, I do this via a rubberband trick to hold the bottle top in the jar.

f4ptkWw.jpg

OP
S

svartberg

Btw ended up buying the wisp from first post, found a mask only on ebay for real cheap (should be $30 in US)
Fitted it with caps and bluetack as gap filler and insulator (lol)

Result was a success! airtight nose frolov device :)

0ognixM.jpg

OP
S

svartberg

Bought the head strap for the wisp, so one less hand needed to hold the DIY device, good fun.

Up to 19s reps with a tall bottle now, good progress from 10s with a short bottle 4 months ago.

How did you guys go with progression? can one just increase times and reduce hose diameter?
Or do you eventually need bigger container and block the air more (e.g. via towel) for higher CO2?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals