Nose Blocked Except When Flat On Back

NommyWommy

Hi for as long as I can remember I find it hard to breath through my nose apart from if I lay on the floor flat on my back then I can breathe easily through my nose. I have tried Google but all I seem to find is the opposite whereby laying down causes people to get nasal congestion. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? Tried incline bed, bag breathing, thiamine but no noticeable difference. Thanks

Korven

Plugged nostril could be due to a food allergy or some bad excipients in supplements. Notice any correlation between what you eat and nasal congestion?

Also, lots of people have their nose colonized with the bacteria staph aureus which can cause sinusitis. This can also cause acne and pustules around nose and mouth. Here's one person reporting chronically stuffed nose going away when they applied antibiotics to their nostrils:

"I have been suffering from chronic sinusitis and what seems to be rosacea for over a decade. (I’ve seen over 5 dermatologists but they cannot come to a consensus whether it is PIH, acne or rosacea)

I stumbled upon your post and applied polysporin in my nostrils (with lots of hesitation but hey, I had nothing to lose at this point) and within 5 minutes I could breathe through my nostrils!

You don’t understand: I have seen countless of ENTs, tried many OTC and prescription oral decongestants, sprays, vitamins, you name it but NOTHING worked (and if it did, it was temporary), no matter what I tried I had to mouth breathe. Yes, for over a decade, and I try this one thing that you mentioned and voilà. So THANK YOU. It’s been two weeks and I can still breathe through my nose!" People whose noses are rich in Staphylococcus bacteria had more severe cold symptoms than sufferers who have less Staph : Staphacne

OP
N

NommyWommy

Plugged nostril could be due to a food allergy or some bad excipients in supplements. Notice any correlation between what you eat and nasal congestion?

I have not seen a correlation between what I eat or do not as regards my stuffiness. As I say it seems to clear completely when I lay on my back. I will try the nasal antibiotic.

Thanks,

Connor888

Also, lots of people have their nose colonized with the bacteria staph aureus which can cause sinusitis. This can also cause acne and pustules around nose and mouth. Here's one person reporting chronically stuffed nose going away when they applied antibiotics to their nostrils:

"I have been suffering from chronic sinusitis and what seems to be rosacea for over a decade. (I’ve seen over 5 dermatologists but they cannot come to a consensus whether it is PIH, acne or rosacea)

I stumbled upon your post and applied polysporin in my nostrils (with lots of hesitation but hey, I had nothing to lose at this point) and within 5 minutes I could breathe through my nostrils!

You don’t understand: I have seen countless of ENTs, tried many OTC and prescription oral decongestants, sprays, vitamins, you name it but NOTHING worked (and if it did, it was temporary), no matter what I tried I had to mouth breathe. Yes, for over a decade, and I try this one thing that you mentioned and voilà. So THANK YOU. It’s been two weeks and I can still breathe through my nose!" People whose noses are rich in Staphylococcus bacteria had more severe cold symptoms than sufferers who have less Staph : Staphacne

How far up the nostrils would one apply the polysporin?

TheSir

Laying on your back on hard floor allows your diaphragm to function optimally, leading to reduced loss of CO2 (which is what the blocked nasal passages are trying to prevent), whereas your standing and sitting posture may be more conducive to patterns of breathing that lead to larger loss of CO2, such as chest breathing.

Korven

How far up the nostrils would one apply the polysporin?

Rule of thumb is as far as you can pinch your nose:

Nasal_collection_2.jpg

If using iodine I don't think you need to be as careful with not getting it into the sinus region, I just go for it lol.

OP
N

NommyWommy

It just seems maybe mechanical as within 10 seconds of laying flat on my back i can breathe clearly through my nose...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Great information, thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals