Nose bleeds from T3? Help!

What could be the reason I am getting nose bleeds after recently starting T3 supplementation?

Is this a sign that I'm taking too much or that I need to take T4 with it as well?

What could be the reason I am getting nose bleeds after recently starting T3 supplementation?

Is this a sign that I'm taking too much or that I need to take T4 with it as well?

Don't know the reason, but taking k1 can help thicken your blood. So many things thin the blood, vitamin E, seafood, ginger, tumeric, alcohol, seaweed, cold, dry or windy weather, or just being an O blood type, maybe it is just a coincidence and your nose bleeds are from something else

Machina

Don't know the reason, but taking k1 can help thicken your blood. So many things thin the blood, vitamin E, seafood, ginger, tumeric, alcohol, seaweed, cold, dry or windy weather, or just being an O blood type, maybe it is just a coincidence and your nose bleeds are from something else
That's interesting, I've never heard of O blood type having thin blood until I looked into this forum and I'm O-. I've never had a problem with any of these substances and I read people with O blood should be weary of aspirin and no problem there. I've never had a nose bleed problem or clotting issue from what I see. I must be getting enough VitK from my diet. Only times I remember having nosebleeds were from being in a dry aired environment. I'm not so sure how big a role O blood type plays in these issues so I'm curious.

Last edited:
OP
RenaissanceMan
I think it's somewhat related to T3 but not entirely sure why it's happening. I do happen to live in a cold area atm and my blood type is O+. Thank you

I think it's somewhat related to T3 but not entirely sure why it's happening. I do happen to live in a cold area atm and my blood type is O+. Thank you

I am always having an odd nosebleed or gums bleeding since "Peating" from lack of greens.

That's interesting, I've never heard of O blood type having thin blood until I looked into this forum and I'm O-. I've never had a problem with any of these substances and I read people with O blood should be weary of aspirin and no problem there. I've never had a nose bleed problem or clotting issue from what I see. I must be getting enough VitK from my diet. Only times I remember having nosebleeds were from being in a dry aired environment. I'm not so sure how big a role O blood type plays in these issues so I'm curious.

When I gave birth to my first son I bled so bad my doctor said I would have bled to death during childbirth in the olden days. When I first started "Peating" I cut myself on a Saturday morning making breakfast for everyone and I went through so bandages. The badage would stop the bleeding, but anytime I bumped my finger it would start up again. It was still bleeding on and off on Monday afternoon! When my gums bleed I can always look at my day and trace it back to too many blood thinning foods.

"Patients with blood type O have been shown to have lower levels of von Willebrand factor, a blood clotting agent, than those with other blood types. Lower levels of von Willebrand factor may be linked to higher levels of haemorrhage."

"Blood type O patients may have higher risk of death from severe trauma

Blood type O is associated with high death rates in severe trauma patients, according to a study published in the open access journal Critical Care that involved 901 Japanese emergency care patients.

Researchers at Tokyo Medical and Dental University Hospital, Japan found that severe trauma patients (those with an injury that has the potential to cause long-term disability or death) with blood type O had a death rate of 28%, compared to a rate of 11% in patients with other blood types."

aliml

Low levels of thyroid hormone thereby seem to lead to an increased bleeding risk, whereas high levels, by contrast, increase the risk of venous thromboembolism.

NodeCerebri

I would do a comprehensive hormone level test where your LH activity ist measured. Also, you could need balancing with T4 if not done already.

Phosphor

Consider that it is coincidence and not cause. I never had a nosebleed in my LIFE in 70+ years until a window AC developed stachybotries mold and was blowing it out into the house. I had eight nose bleeds in two weeks, severe ones, before I figured out what was going on. This kind of mold causes bleeding. You ca check your living and working environments with a HERTSMI-2 dust test.

OP
RenaissanceMan
They haven't happened lately after splitting my dosage up, thankfully. I think I was just taking too much in the beginning