North vs south

iLoveSugar

If I am chronically sick (digestion and dizzy), is it likely moving from north to south would help? I would be going from no sun to virtually all day sun.

SQu

I think so too. I could never move to a cloudy dark place, even a day or two affects me.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I vote for south too. My plan is to move south within the next 2 years. I would do it today if it didn't matter to my family. Every winter gets worse although this is the best one I can remember in a long time. I feel specifically that the brooding lights have helped the most. I would rather have the real sun and the lights as an addition to that rather than a replacement. Go south my friend!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think having to contend with "winter sicknesses" as RP has called it is just one more added burden to have to overcome. I'm happy with my healing but I know living in a warmer and sunnier environment could only help. Please let us know what you do and how it works for you. I feel like a different person when the weather is nice.

Poppyseed13

Go south!

Moving to the Southwest 15 years ago definitely helped me. The constant sun makes me happy, positive, and hopeful....and of course, my mental health feeds my physical health.

The few days out of the year that are truly overcast I can take, but I am sooo happy when the clouds dissipate.

During this last year of trialling Thiroyd, I only had a few weeks in December that I needed to up my dose--and then the clouds went away and I had to reduce my dose again. (I believe Peat says you might have to increase your dose of thyroid meds during the winter months---and in my case, winter only lasted a short time).

Cheers,
Poppyseed13

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Sounds great all; I am headed away from PA. It'll be down to either SC or FL. I think are a huge step over PA. I also plan to be within 10-15 min of the ocean. I asked Ray Peat a while back, as I thought it may be a bad move since lower elevation, and he said the Sun and saltwater would be more then plenty to compensate for the low altitude.

Also, could sun help with digestion at all? Possibly at all?

HDD

Florida!!!

"The Sunshine State"

Flower- orange blossom
Fruit - orange

Warmer climate will definitely help your metabolism and with that your digestion. Living near the ocean is a plus. You can get out in the sun, but keep cool in the water.