Normalize A Child's Estrogen After A Year On Soy Formula?

Regardless of what the baby has eaten, trying to ‘fix’ its hormones is insane and should not be attempted.
No answer, so I guess you just realized you were wrong?

Constatine

No answer, so I guess you just realized you were wrong?
I'm sure he assumed the op would take more extreme measures than she would likely take. It's a good caution to have, there are a lot of people that end up worsening their/others health in the name of fixing it. When the subject is a child caution is even more important as developmental factors come into play. Our own naiveitivity should always be considered when taking actions that could impact our health/lives.

I'm sure he assumed the op would take more extreme measures than she would likely take. It's a good caution to have, there are a lot of people that end up worsening their/others health in the name of fixing it. When the subject is a child caution is even more important as developmental factors come into play. Our own naiveitivity should always be considered when taking actions that could impact our health/lives.
Oh I totally agree that. Especially regarding a child. An adult can endure some serious mistakes and still be alive. The same isn't true for kids, since they're still building their foundation in many ways.

I only think that the tone that he used was a bit dismissive. The child may be in a less than ideal state, and for him to imply that the diet that the child had previously shouldn't be taken into account regarding what measures to take is completely absurd. Simply correcting things such as vitamin K2, vitamin A, vitamin B12, quality protein, etc. is already "fixing" his hormones. Proper nutrition may play one of the biggest roles regarding facial development. Humans with great faces( indigenous groups who ate a lot of animal foods) ate in way that maximized the amount of fat- soluble vitamins, all of which lower estrogen.

With more extreme measures, such as using aromatase inhibitors, injecting testosterone, etc., I would avoid them/be extremely careful, since it may backfire or cause side- effects. And using these without correcting nutrition, sleep, stress, etc. won't work well anyway.

Constatine

Oh I totally agree that. Especially regarding a child. An adult can endure some serious mistakes and still be alive. The same isn't true for kids, since they're still building their foundation in many ways.

I only think that the tone that he used was a bit dismissive. The child may be in a less than ideal state, and for him to imply that the diet that the child had previously shouldn't be taken into account regarding what measures to take is completely absurd. Simply correcting things such as vitamin K2, vitamin A, vitamin B12, quality protein, etc. is already "fixing" his hormones. Proper nutrition may play one of the biggest roles regarding facial development. Humans with great faces( indigenous groups who ate a lot of animal foods) ate in way that maximized the amount of fat- soluble vitamins, all of which lower estrogen.

With more extreme measures, such as using aromatase inhibitors, injecting testosterone, etc., I would avoid them/be extremely careful, since it may backfire or cause side- effects. And using these without correcting nutrition, sleep, stress, etc. won't work well anyway.
I certainly agree. For an example chronic vitamin A deficiency can result in delayed puberty. Its important to recognize past factors as to improve ones nutrition. In this case increasing vitamin A consumption would result in an onset of puberty: Vitamin A and iron supplementation is as efficient as hormonal therapy in constitutionally delayed children. - PubMed - NCBI. If one's state is obviously suboptimal, then to dismiss their current state is simply irresponsible. "Extreme" measures are equally irresponsible of course but the problem is that what constitutes extreme greatly differs from person to person. There are also many cases where solutions that are not considered extreme by the general population end up damaging one's health quite badly. For an example someone unaware of iron's many negative effects in excess might give large amounts of supplemental iron to their child as he/she develops. This would undoubtedly lead to problems but would not be considered an extreme measure. But does the possibility of our error justify doing nothing to improve ourselves/our loved ones health? Hardly. Though it does mean that we should often be conservative in our actions and try to educate ourselves as much as possible before coming up with solutions.

OP
M

Momentum

About all I can do is pay for raw milk, some vitamins and a bag of high quality weekly groceries. Just wanting to get in some helpful nutrition (when I can) and a chance to cleanse. A white button mushroom pizza would be about the most I would do ;-)
@Rafael Lao Wai thanks for the reminder about facial nutrients. As one who has suffered a high, narrow palate and the health/structural issues that go with it, I wish more young people had this awareness.

OP
M

Momentum

@GutFeeling I hadn't seen that particular article, good reference though. The problems with soy formula have come across my screen over many years. And as this article points out, there are many long lasting effects, long after the formula is discontinued, "The following chart summarizes 6 studies that have examined the effect of soy formula on infants. As you can see, the results clearly indicate that soy formula can not only cause problems during infancy, but can even predispose that baby to serious health problems later in life."

Because of these life long possible predispositions, it would be nice to somehow change it. As I wrote, my influence on proper nutrition is limited but at least available.

So, really, in looking at those predispositions I'm wondering if they are caused by preventing some type of development (possibly not reversible) or causing things like gut disbiosis, etc, which would be reversible? The pancreatic stress, noted in infants in one study, seems reasonable that it could lead to the high rate of diabetes in the adults - years later. If once soy is eliminated, say IDK after month or two, do estrogen levels normalize? If so, then why the adult problems?

Not sure if I can approach the mom, maybe.

I certainly agree. For an example chronic vitamin A deficiency can result in delayed puberty. Its important to recognize past factors as to improve ones nutrition. In this case increasing vitamin A consumption would result in an onset of puberty: Vitamin A and iron supplementation is as efficient as hormonal therapy in constitutionally delayed children. - PubMed - NCBI. If one's state is obviously suboptimal, then to dismiss their current state is simply irresponsible. "Extreme" measures are equally irresponsible of course but the problem is that what constitutes extreme greatly differs from person to person. There are also many cases where solutions that are not considered extreme by the general population end up damaging one's health quite badly. For an example someone unaware of iron's many negative effects in excess might give large amounts of supplemental iron to their child as he/she develops. This would undoubtedly lead to problems but would not be considered an extreme measure. But does the possibility of our error justify doing nothing to improve ourselves/our loved ones health? Hardly. Though it does mean that we should often be conservative in our actions and try to educate ourselves as much as possible before coming up with solutions.
Yeah, for sure.

About all I can do is pay for raw milk, some vitamins and a bag of high quality weekly groceries. Just wanting to get in some helpful nutrition (when I can) and a chance to cleanse. A white button mushroom pizza would be about the most I would do ;-)
@Rafael Lao Wai thanks for the reminder about facial nutrients. As one who has suffered a high, narrow palate and the health/structural issues that go with it, I wish more young people had this awareness.
You're welcome!

I had palate problems too, due to lack of nutrients, as well as due to braces. I've been mewing for a little over a year, and I managed to heal some of the damage, but I'm sure it will take much longer than that for my palate to expand more. I think that it's more important that the parents have this knowledge, because, once the kid is developed enough to understand these topics about nutrition, physiology, etc., he or she will already be past those early stages where massive bone changes are happening. Also, if the child is aware, but the parents aren't, it's useless, because the parents may not allow the children to eat different foods. And sometimes, the baby is already born with a poor jaw, likely due to malnutrition during pregnancy, or due to inheriting the underdeveloped jaw from their parents. It's unfortunately very complex. It would be much easier if the choices of our ancestors didn't have so much influence on us, but since we have this knowledge now, even though we aren't really properly developed compared to how humans are in nature, we can break the cycle at least, and start improving the next generations, and I think the way to do that is by improving ourselves as much as possible to pass a good heritage to our children.

OP
M

Momentum

Yeah, for sure.

You're welcome!

I had palate problems too, due to lack of nutrients, as well as due to braces. I've been mewing for a little over a year, and I managed to heal some of the damage, but I'm sure it will take much longer than that for my palate to expand more. I think that it's more important that the parents have this knowledge, because, once the kid is developed enough to understand these topics about nutrition, physiology, etc., he or she will already be past those early stages where massive bone changes are happening. Also, if the child is aware, but the parents aren't, it's useless, because the parents may not allow the children to eat different foods. And sometimes, the baby is already born with a poor jaw, likely due to malnutrition during pregnancy, or due to inheriting the underdeveloped jaw from their parents. It's unfortunately very complex. It would be much easier if the choices of our ancestors didn't have so much influence on us, but since we have this knowledge now, even though we aren't really properly developed compared to how humans are in nature, we can break the cycle at least, and start improving the next generations, and I think the way to do that is by improving ourselves as much as possible to pass a good heritage to our children.

I've been reading up on mewing and tongue chewing with mastic gum, etc. I spent one after noon tongue chewing and pressing with mastic gum - two 45 minute sessions and visibly moved my teeth! I thought, "Oh, I need proof of this." So I got some bees wax and molds, just need to do it, then keep track. I think my teeth move fast due to some type of connective tissue disorder. I think I've got to get my palate down to even be able to begin to get my tongue to stay on the roof of my mouth. Yeah, braces and headgear didn't help me any. I also got some of Haidut's Kuinone. Wondering if topical would help? I've been swooshing it in mouth for a minute twice a day.

I've been reading up on mewing and tongue chewing with mastic gum, etc. I spent one after noon tongue chewing and pressing with mastic gum - two 45 minute sessions and visibly moved my teeth! I thought, "Oh, I need proof of this." So I got some bees wax and molds, just need to do it, then keep track. I think my teeth move fast due to some type of connective tissue disorder. I think I've got to get my palate down to even be able to begin to get my tongue to stay on the roof of my mouth. Yeah, braces and headgear didn't help me any. I also got some of Haidut's Kuinone. Wondering if topical would help? I've been swooshing it in mouth for a minute twice a day.
Awesome!

When I started mewing, I was applying a lot of force on the roof with my tongue, and I would notice that my teeth( my back teeth, especially) would start hurting. The pain was similar to when I was using braces and the dentist would change the settings of the brace. So the teeth were very likely moving, but outwards instead of inwards. My palate too was really narrow when I took out my braces. I couldn't even fit most of my tongue in it.

Anecdotally, people on the forum have reported improvements in teeth and jaw by simply by using vitamin K2 internally, so it may not be required to put it directly on the teeth, but I suspect it will be much more potent on the area where it's being applied.

Miranda if

Fed is best is important. I read a testimonial of a mother who lost her infant to malnourishment since she was being pushed to continue to breastfeed and try harder by everyone even while her supply was inadequate.
Fed is best undermines breastfeeding
its horrific that this mother you mentioned wasn’t give the right evidence based information with support. saying fed is best to a women who is having difficulties breastfeeding isn’t the answer, breastfeeding needs correct and trained support.

somuch4food

Fed is best undermines breastfeeding
its horrific that this mother you mentioned wasn’t give the right evidence based information with support. saying fed is best to a women who is having difficulties breastfeeding isn’t the answer, breastfeeding needs correct and trained support.

She was being supported by many trained people. They all kept telling to try harder, that it will work out eventually. The harder probably the more she stressed about it leading to a vicious circle. They could have bottle fed the baby while working up the milk supply with more breastfeeding sessions and some pumping.

The baby was getting weaker too and couldn't breastfeed adequately since he was too weak.

This happens in nature as well.

Miranda if

She was being supported by many trained people. They all kept telling to try harder, that it will work out eventually. The harder probably the more she stressed about it leading to a vicious circle. They could have bottle fed the baby while working up the milk supply with more breastfeeding sessions and some pumping.

The baby was getting weaker too and couldn't breastfeed adequately since he was too weak.

This happens in

This happens in nature as well.
It’s too sad