Normal Serum Copper, Very High Free Serum Copper

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

By the way, my high copper diet experiment is going great. So far it significantly reduced my hairfall and my grey hairs are turning back to their original color.

I have much better mood, clearer thinking and a bit better digestion.

(Before attempting something similar, please keep in mind that each of us might react differently to high copper diet and that high copper diet is contraindicated for people with Wilson's symptoms. My post is just my experience, not a medical advice)

Motif

By the way, my high copper diet experiment is going great. So far it significantly reduced my hairfall and my grey hairs are turning back to their original color.

(Before attempting something similar, please keep in mind that each of us might react differently to high copper diet and that high copper diet is contraindicated for people with Wilson's symptoms. My post is just my experience, not a medical advice)

how does the diet look like?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

And your zinc comes mostly from milk ? How much of it do you drink?
I'm eating 1-2 quarts of milk and 100-200g of cheese daily. Liver is also a good source of zinc. I'm getting ~9mg of zinc daily which is about perfect IMO (might be even a little bit less in my case)

mad539

Did you continue with your high copper experiment?

I'm dealing with:
- High free copper
- Normal serum copper
- Low coeruloplasmin
- 24h copper in urine is borderline low
- Neutrophils are borderline low (reason can be copper deficency)
- DAO is under reference range (DAO is copper dependent)
- Starting to have more gray hair in the last months (i'm 33 year old)
- In the last years i've taken huge amounts of zink

I've eaten liver and liver capsules and always noticed an improvement in many areas. But the high free copper in last blood work kind of scared me eating more liver.
As 24h urine of copper is low, i think i can rule out M. Wilson.

Last edited: