Normal Serum Copper, Very High Free Serum Copper

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Could you specify in which way it was not useful? As in tests it did not show up, you had negative reactions (stress or againtion) to cyanocobalamin or you just didn't feel anything from cyanocobalamin.
What happened when you took metylcobalamin + adenosylcobalamin 1:1?
I was never low on b12 in blood tests, but supplementing methyl+adenosyl b12 gave me more energy, more appetite and better erections. Cyano b12 did nothing - no positive or negative effects.

Gustav3Y

I see.
If I supplement with sublingual methylcobalamin I get agitations, feel adrenaline-like, anti-erection.
Haven't tried cyanocobalamin on it's own.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I see.
If I supplement with sublingual methylcobalamin I get agitations, feel adrenaline-like, anti-erection.
Haven't tried cyanocobalamin on it's own.
Sounds like overmethylation. I think you need enough folate and some other nutrients for b12 to work properly. I would not supplement any form of folate, though.

Motif

Any more ideas why my copper is not going up ?
I really hope it’s a digestion thing

Astolfo

Any more ideas why my copper is not going up ?
I really hope it’s a digestion thing
I don't remember your posts. Have you ever tried actually chelating copper? I remember someone said he did it and his copper went up.

Astolfo

strange, do you remember what he used to chelate copper ?
That was from one of gbold's quotes. He didn't say what that person used to chelate copper.

But I don't think it matters. Zinc blocks absorption of copper. "Molybdenum" and "manganese" you need for excreating copper. Gbold also said estrogen(when taken externally) and vitamin A also chelates copper but I'm unsure about it.

I doubt Vitamin C is a good option because it decreases ceruloplasmin activity.

Daniil

I previously published a study that aspirin chelates copper (too)

Astolfo

Was taking 500 mg daily. It left me with permanent tinnitus. I wouldn't advise you to try it at all. There are lots of options when it comes to chelating copper. If you are sure about you are being toxic in copper, just take manganese, molybdenum and zinc with meals.

Daniil

Was taking 500 mg daily. It left me with permanent tinnitus. I wouldn't advise you to try it at all. There are lots of options when it comes to chelating copper. If you are sure about you are being toxic in copper, just take manganese, molybdenum and zinc with meals.
This is a known side effect of aspirin.

Daniil

@BearWithMe @Astolfo

"In blood serum and tissues of rats with alimentary and antimetabolic thiamin deficiencies content of glycoproteins was determined. The alimentary B1-avitaminosis caused a decrease in content of ceruloplasmin, hexosamines and sialic acids in blood serum and also of hexosamines in liver tissue and aorta. In dificiency of thiamin, caused by a single administration of hydroxythiamin, content of hexosamines and sialic acids were decreased in liver, pancreas and heart; in blood serum content of ceruloplasmin was decreased but that of glycoproteins was increased. Thiamin increased content of glycoproteins and sialic acids in blood serum and the content of sialic acids in liver tissue, but it decreased content of hexosamines in liver and pancreas. Content of the metabolites studied in animals, maintained on avitaminous diet, was normalized by means of repeated administration of thiamin during four weeks."

B1 deficiency is also associated with Wilson's syndrome. I will study this further.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

@BearWithMe @Astolfo

"In blood serum and tissues of rats with alimentary and antimetabolic thiamin deficiencies content of glycoproteins was determined. The alimentary B1-avitaminosis caused a decrease in content of ceruloplasmin, hexosamines and sialic acids in blood serum and also of hexosamines in liver tissue and aorta. In dificiency of thiamin, caused by a single administration of hydroxythiamin, content of hexosamines and sialic acids were decreased in liver, pancreas and heart; in blood serum content of ceruloplasmin was decreased but that of glycoproteins was increased. Thiamin increased content of glycoproteins and sialic acids in blood serum and the content of sialic acids in liver tissue, but it decreased content of hexosamines in liver and pancreas. Content of the metabolites studied in animals, maintained on avitaminous diet, was normalized by means of repeated administration of thiamin during four weeks."

B1 deficiency is also associated with Wilson's syndrome. I will study this further.
This is really interesting.

I have many symptoms of b1 deficiency, but my diet was always very high in b1. Also, I don't respond to b1 supplements well, even to the coenzymated ones.

I think this might be a sign of some bigger thiamine metabolism problem, rather than a simple deficiency.

Will also do some research.

Awesome find, thank you!

Daniil

This is really interesting.

I have many symptoms of b1 deficiency, but my diet was always very high in b1. Also, I don't respond to b1 supplements well, even to the coenzymated ones.

I think this might be a sign of some bigger thiamine metabolism problem, rather than a simple deficiency.

Will also do some research.

Awesome find, thank you!
Let me know the results of your research ;)

By the way, a bad reaction to supplements can be temporary. Or allergens in supplements.

Motif

Im doing 24 h Urine again and had blood taken and my doctor wants to look for a genetic cause for my low copper/ cp

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals