Normal Progesterone Levels In Men?

Well, topical isn’t absorbed very well. Dr. Peat says as a rule of thumb, 10% is absorbed. So if I apply 20mg I’m getting 2mg. Maybe 4mg since it has vitamin E. Who really knows. But it isn’t a lot.

baccheion

Well, topical isn’t absorbed very well. Dr. Peat says as a rule of thumb, 10% is absorbed. So if I apply 20mg I’m getting 2mg. Maybe 4mg since it has vitamin E. Who really knows. But it isn’t a lot.
What serum level (change) was associated with such a dose?

What serum level (change) was associated with such a dose?

I don't know. I listen to Dr. Peat's interviews almost every day. Don't remember which one. And he didn't say.

I'm just saying that if "normal" is 20mg (I haven't investigated it), then if you want, say, 4mg extra, you would need a lot more than 4mg topical. You would need 40mg according to the 10% formula obviously. I don't use that much but I do notice improvements in life and I'm using 20mg or so.

baccheion

I don't know. I listen to Dr. Peat's interviews almost every day. Don't remember which one. And he didn't say.

I'm just saying that if "normal" is 20mg (I haven't investigated it), then if you want, say, 4mg extra, you would need a lot more than 4mg topical. You would need 40mg according to the 10% formula obviously. I don't use that much but I do notice improvements in life and I'm using 20mg or so.
What's the recommended dose for the idealabs product?

lab serum progesterone levels

2019-03-12_19-46-31.png

source: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13685530400004199

1.21nmols/l

I am told this equals 38 ng/dL.

This is the mean progesterone level

rei

Interesting... there seems to be something with increasing age that allows for higher progesterone levels. Even when the trend is to slightly decrease with age.

SonOfEurope

Interesting... there seems to be something with increasing age that allows for higher progesterone levels. Even when the trend is to slightly decrease with age.

Maybe because within a particular context of proper ratio to other steroids more high-progesterone men make it into late 70s or early 80s.

My last Blood Test showed 0.47 and I'm doing very well physically - I was def higher before (maybe double) while on 28mg to heal but now I average less since I don't use it daily.

Last edited:

rei

Maybe because within a particular context of proper ratio to other steroids more high-progesterone men make it into late 70s or early 80s.

My last Blood Test showed 0.47 and I'm doing very well physically - I was def higher before (maybe double) while on 28mg to heal but now I average less since I don't use it daily.
I think that must be it, survivor bias.

Lancaster

A normal male progesterone level is anything between 1 and 3 nmol/l - my latest reading:

1624223590945.png

I work for a HRT clinic, and unless adrenal issues are present (in which case progesterone can often be undetectable), the vast majority of men I see fall somewhere between 1 and 1.5 nmol/l.