Normal blood pressure, have you tried Clonidine or Propranolol?

Gustav3Y

I am interested to know if someone took Clonidine or Propranolol for the gains that one can get from these rather that they had high blood pressure.
I am interested in trying, yet my blood pressure is almost always 105/70 to 115/70 and never higher, I am not sure how safe this would be in this case.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I am interested to know if someone took Clonidine or Propranolol for the gains that one can get from these rather that they had high blood pressure.
I am interested in trying, yet my blood pressure is almost always 105/70 to 115/70 and never higher, I am not sure how safe this would be in this case.
I took propranolol many years ago with similar blood pressure and it made me feel week and lethargic.

OP
G

Gustav3Y

Thanks for the testimony.
I heard some get it prescribed for anxiety and even vestibular migraines.

Aby_2021

Yes, my prescription was for anxiety in around 2008.
I started taking propranolol yesterday for anxiety. Although I felt super calm after taking it, I've been feeling exhausted since this morning.

I've never felt like this in a long time, so not sure if I should stop taking Propranolol or carry on regardless.

Aby_2021

I started taking propranolol yesterday for anxiety. Although I felt super calm after taking it, I've been feeling exhausted since this morning.

I've never felt like this in a long time, so not sure if I should stop taking Propranolol or carry on regardless.

My bloody pressure has always been normal, and I took 10 mg morning and evening

Carly

I take propranolol intermittently for stage fright. I also have very low BP. The effects are nothing short of miraculous, for stage fright. It makes my voice sounds strong and confident no matter how nervous I am. This makes me feel confident and relaxed, not sure if it's a result of the drug action or because I'm so relieved to hide my stage fright. Last year I was particularly nervous about an event and took 3 10 mg tabs right before hand (usually I just take one). I was nervous I'd pass out when I stood up, but I felt fine. I can't comment on daily use.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My bloody pressure has always been normal, and I took 10 mg morning and evening
Are you able to check your blood pressure? I remember feeling pretty tired when I was on it. As long as your blood pressure is okay you could try to see if you adjust and the tired feeling dissipates some.

Saba

I take propranolol intermittently for stage fright. I also have very low BP. The effects are nothing short of miraculous, for stage fright. It makes my voice sounds strong and confident no matter how nervous I am. This makes me feel confident and relaxed, not sure if it's a result of the drug action or because I'm so relieved to hide my stage fright. Last year I was particularly nervous about an event and took 3 10 mg tabs right before hand (usually I just take one). I was nervous I'd pass out when I stood up, but I felt fine. I can't comment on daily use.
Years ago my doctor suggested I take propranalol for public speaking. I think I took 20mg. I had a similar experience to yours - my voice sounded surprising normal even though I felt nervous. I was in awe of how normal I sounded. I have fairly low blood pressure too. I also combined it with Xanax, but Xanax alone does not keep my voice that steady, so I knew the effect on my voice was from the propranolol.

I no longer want to take Xanax because I noticed it makes me very hypothyroid for about 18 hours. If I ever have to do public speaking in the future, I might try just propranolol.

baron

Beta blockers are definetly not good to just take because you feel like it, when I was taking it, it felt like my iq had decreased by 10 points, like the lights were on but nobody was home, this feeling was immediately relieved when i stopped.