Nordic Diet Recommendation Given Genetics

They are higher in PUFA and generally not recommended by Ray Peat since they are harder to digest, but many members of this forum including myself still have them as part of the diet without downsides.

I was going high fruit, high animal products, low fibers over the summer, but I'm going back to a more plant based diet since I haven't been able to replicate how I felt at the end of last year. Peaceful sleep, high focus and low inflammation.

I now believe that diet is highly individual and while PUFA still seem bad as a whole, there might be some people that are better able to deal with their effects. I also think that some people do badly with higher animal intake and that it might be my case.

I gotta disagree though.
I came to the conclusion that Diet is highly unpersonal,
like Body temperature,and all of the hormone-profiles.
It isnt even about being Human,almost all Cell-types are generic,
Animals do look like us under the microscope,same architecture,same messengersystems.

somuch4food

Animals do look like us under the microscope,same architecture,same messengersystems.

Yet, animals do not have all the same diet.

The microbiology might look the same, but the systems can operate differently. We are not all identical. Some have more production of certain metabolites and less of others, making some foods more digestible for them. Not to mention the microbiome that varies from person to person and is influenced by diet, environment and lifestyle.

I know Peat denies the importance of gut bacteria and supports strategies to clean the gut, but unless you go out of your way to go all out to wipe your microflora, there will always be some guests in your gut that influence your health and sometimes for the best since many can synthesize vitamins for us.

Yet, animals do not have all the same diet.

The microbiology might look the same, but the systems can operate differently. We are not all identical. Some have more production of certain metabolites and less of others, making some foods more digestible for them. Not to mention the microbiome that varies from person to person and is influenced by diet, environment and lifestyle.

I know Peat denies the importance of gut bacteria and supports strategies to clean the gut, but unless you go out of your way to go all out to wipe your microflora, there will always be some guests in your gut that influence your health and sometimes for the best since many can synthesize vitamins for us.

They cant synthesize for us.Vitamins are produced by them in GI tract segments which doesnt allow absorption.
Humans are the Monkeys which evolved their enzymatic systems toward meat and plant consume imo.

tara

Why are u on the ray peat forum if u know little of his ideology?
The forum's for learning and discussing. There's no entry test to prove we already know it all.

Cloudhands

The forum's for learning and discussing. There's no entry test to prove we already know it all.

I wasnt trying to say he shouldnt be here, i moreso was literally curious as to why someone would choose this forum vs any other health forum. I know lots of people come here for thyroid or hairloss, but this human seemed random to me so i was wondering, but i can see how i may have come off as protentious or tribal lol

..it is pure myth,there are some stoners sitting in a office,doing nothing;
are not clued-in about those viking-genes of yours;
just smoking weed doing nothing.
And im not kidding.

lvysaur

..it is pure myth,there are some stoners sitting in a office,doing nothing;
are not clued-in about those viking-genes of yours;
vikings are just another group of bandits. They became famous because they were used as a coping mechanism by the Swedish when they lost all of Finland in the Finnish war. The Viking poem, which started the meme, was published only 2 years after.

No comment on the diet/genetic data provided but the idea that you "shouldn't eat beans b/c you're a viking" is hilarious. You shouldn't eat beans for other reasons, but some people are probably adapted to them. Most of Europe, with the exception of Russia, was densely populated akin to China and India for most of antiquity. It's only after the Black death (50% deathrate) and offloading a bunch of people to the New World that population numbers came down.

Swedish Baked Brown Beans (Bruna Bönor)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals