Noob here! I have some questions regarding peat lifestyle

llian

Alriiighhtt soo after believing all my life that carbs=bad sugar=bad after discovering your guys theories i am in contradictory rn. Sooo here are my questions:

1. Sugar is absolutely necessary ? Can i alternate sugar with fruits or honey?

2. Aspirin daily doesnt cause bleeding? I understood that k2 along with it may not cause it. How much aspirin + k2 i need to counter the bleeding effect?

3. Milk doesnt cause bloatnees and upset gut? How do i avoid looking bloated with acne if i drink 2l of milk per day?

4. For those who need to cut (i weight 115 lbs so night not be necessary for me) you guys wont benefit autophagy since body will use fat as fuel ?

5. So.. starcys are bad or not? High carb doesnt result in T2 diabetes??

6. Regarding ASD ik that people suffering from it were also having gut problems. Now.. if diary is bad for gut isnt bad for autists also? There are many studies where people with autism benefit from diary free and gluten free diet casein free diet.

7. If high serotonin is a cause of ASD then cypro wouldnt cure ASD? If so, why isnt a treatement for ASD?

8. What supplements you guys take daily ? From what i read here taking high doses of B1 , gelatin , aspirin daily, sometimes cypro it is the basic?

9. You think entering autophagy is toxic for the body? So why guys who promote OMAD arent dead yet. What you guys think of Rhonda Patrick, Sinclair, Siimland ?

10. You guys dont PCT with DHEA , progesterone ?

Also...

11. Why resveratrol, nmn, balance catabolic/anabolic pathways is bad when there are n studies rhat is good for aging ?

,Thaanksss ??

Hugh Johnson

There is no peat lifestyle, Most answers to those questions are "depends on the person" or "it's complicated and there are long discussions you need to read to understand the differing perspectives on topic". High carb does not cause diabetes, high fat does.

skittles

If you're coming from a low carb background, honestly, just start off eating a few pieces of fruit throughout the day. Everyone (well, a great majority of folks) who comes to Peat after low carbing just starts slamming back sugar like it's goin outta style, and it ends up causing more problems than it fixes. It takes a long time to switch your metabolism from one extreme to the other. I think that most people healthily reside somewhere in the middle.
Here's some first steps without overcomplicating things:
1) Try to avoid seed oils as much as possible. Don't eat junk food. Make eating at restaurants more of a treat. Dial back on fatty pork and fatty chicken.
2) Have a potato here and there, or an apple or an orange, maybe a fruit smoothie made with mangoes or whatever here and there. Don't be afraid of pure sugar, but I wouldn't go putting it in everything either.
3) Avoid 'whole grains' and grain fiber. I wouldn't avoid grains like the plague, but you gotta find what works for you. I eat the occasional white flour burrito, or white rice sushi, and I always feel fine from it. Legumes are kinda in the same boat. Works for some, not for others. I like lentils and black beans and chickpeas on occasion. I soak them and do them up in the Instant Pot, and they seem to be fine for me. With grains and legumes, you've gotta just weigh the pros and cons. They're not great, but they're not the devil either.
4) Take it easy on dairy at first. Maybe a couple times a week, have a bit of Greek yogurt with some berries and just enough honey to make it tasty.

Basically, you don't need to go balls-to-the-wall, just ease into it, and pay attention to your body. If something isn't making you feel great, don't try to force it.

OP
llian

llian

If you're coming from a low carb background, honestly, just start off eating a few pieces of fruit throughout the day. Everyone (well, a great majority of folks) who comes to Peat after low carbing just starts slamming back sugar like it's goin outta style, and it ends up causing more problems than it fixes. It takes a long time to switch your metabolism from one extreme to the other. I think that most people healthily reside somewhere in the middle.
Here's some first steps without overcomplicating things:
1) Try to avoid seed oils as much as possible. Don't eat junk food. Make eating at restaurants more of a treat. Dial back on fatty pork and fatty chicken.
2) Have a potato here and there, or an apple or an orange, maybe a fruit smoothie made with mangoes or whatever here and there. Don't be afraid of pure sugar, but I wouldn't go putting it in everything either.
3) Avoid 'whole grains' and grain fiber. I wouldn't avoid grains like the plague, but you gotta find what works for you. I eat the occasional white flour burrito, or white rice sushi, and I always feel fine from it. Legumes are kinda in the same boat. Works for some, not for others. I like lentils and black beans and chickpeas on occasion. I soak them and do them up in the Instant Pot, and they seem to be fine for me. With grains and legumes, you've gotta just weigh the pros and cons. They're not great, but they're not the devil either.
4) Take it easy on dairy at first. Maybe a couple times a week, have a bit of Greek yogurt with some berries and just enough honey to make it tasty.

Basically, you don't need to go balls-to-the-wall, just ease into it, and pay attention to your body. If something isn't making you feel great, don't try to force it.
Usually my diet was looking smth like this:
SmartSelect_20201225-164817_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20201225-164827_Chrome.jpg

boris

Alriiighhtt soo after believing all my life that carbs=bad sugar=bad after discovering your guys theories i am in contradictory rn. Sooo here are my questions:

1. Sugar is absolutely necessary ? Can i alternate sugar with fruits or honey?
RayPeat.com | Sugar issues
Ray Peat: "Refined granulated sugar is extremely pure, but it lacks all of the essential nutrients, so it should be considered as a temporary therapeutic material, or as an occasional substitute when good fruit isn't available, or when available honey is allergenic."

2. Aspirin daily doesnt cause bleeding? I understood that k2 along with it may not cause it. How much aspirin + k2 i need to counter the bleeding effect?
About 1mg Vitamin K per 325mg Aspirin tablet.

Plain Aspirin is good, not the buffered type.

3. Milk doesnt cause bloatnees and upset gut? How do i avoid looking bloated with acne if i drink 2l of milk per day?
RayPeat.com | Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths
Ray Peat: "Besides the idea of milk allergy, the most common reason for avoiding milk is the belief that the genes of some ethnic groups cause them to lack the enzyme, lactase, needed to digest milk sugar, lactose, and that this causes lactose intolerance, resulting in gas or diarrhea when milk is consumed. Tests have been reported in which a glass of milk will cause the lactase deficient people to have abdominal pain. However, when intolerant people have been tested, using milk without lactose for comparison, there were no differences between those receiving milk with lactose or without it. The “intolerant” people consistently tolerate having a glass with each meal.

When a group of lactase deficient people have been given some milk every day for a few weeks, they have adapted, for example with tests showing that much less hydrogen gas was produced from lactose by intestinal bacteria after they had adapted (Pribila, et al., 2000).

Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine can be caused by hypothyroidism (Lauritano, et al., 2007), and the substances produced by these bacteria can damage the lining of the small intestine, causing the loss of lactase enzymes (Walshe, et al., 1990).

Another hormonal condition that probably contributes to lactase deficiency is progesterone deficiency, since a synthetic progestin has been found to increase the enzyme (Nagpaul, et al., 1990). The particular progestin they used lacks many of progesterone's effects, but it does protect against some kinds of stress, including high estrogen and cortisol. This suggests that stress, with its increased ratio of estrogen and cortisol to progesterone, might commonly cause the enzyme to decrease."

5. So.. starcys are bad or not? High carb doesnt result in T2 diabetes??
RayPeat.com | Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context
Ray Peat: "The experiments of Bernardo Houssay (1947 Nobel laureate) in the 1940s, in which sugar and coconut oil protected against diabetes, followed by Randle's demonstration of the antagonism between fats and glucose assimilation, and the growing recognition that polyunsaturated fatty acids cause insulin resistance and damage the pancreas, have made it clear that the dietetic obsession with sugar in relation to diabetes has been a dangerous diversion that has retarded the understanding of degenerative metabolic diseases."

RayPeat.com | Glucose and sucrose for diabetes
Ray Peat: "The antimetabolic and toxic effects of the polyunsaturated fatty acids can account for the "insulin resistance" that characterizes type-2 diabetes, but similar actions in the pancreatic beta-cells can impair or kill those cells, creating a deficiency of insulin, resembling type-1 diabetes.
The suppression of mitochondrial respiration causes increased free radical damage, and the presence of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the suppressed cell increases the rate of fat decomposition and production of toxins."

Ray Peat: “When starch is well cooked, and eaten with some fat and the essential nutrients, it’s safe, except that it’s more likely than sugar to produce fat, and isn’t as effective for mineral balance.”

Last edited:

boris

7. If high serotonin is a cause of ASD then cypro wouldnt cure ASD? If so, why isnt a treatement for ASD?

Probably a similar reason why diabetics get denied sugar and recommended foods with high glycemic index, or why alzheimer's patients get cholinergic drugs which destroy their brain even more, or why cancer patients get morphine which makes their cancers grow, or why PUFAs which have been shown to produce cardiac necrosis are recommended as "heart healthy"....

Last edited:
OP
llian

llian

Probably a similar reason why diabetics get denied sugar and recommended foods with high glycemic index, or why alzheimer's patients get cholinergic drugs which destroy their brain even more, or why cancer patients get morphine which makes their cancers grow, or why PUFAs which have been shown to produce cardiac necrosis are recommended as "heart healthy"....

Omg dude u rocckkk ! Ty for this response tbh
Im gonna order some cypro asap

boris

You're welcome :thumbleft.

There are more ways of additionally lowering serotonin. For example thyroid (NDT, or T3+T4). Or pregnenolone, and Progest-E (progesterone) by lowering estrogen. All highly protective substances. Autism is also possibly linked to high estrogen, cortisol, and low thyroid.

"Hypothyroidism is a very common cause of increased serotonin (e.g. Henley, et al., 1998), and it the thyroid hormone is supplemented until symptoms are resolved, it’s likely that the serotonin will have been normalized." -Ray Peat, PhD

“The food industry is promoting the use of various gums and starches, which are convenient thickeners and stabilizers for increasing self-life, with the argument that the butyric acid produced when they are fermented by intestinal bacteria is protective. However, intestinal fermentation increases systemic and brain serotonin, and the short-chain fatty acids can produce a variety of inflammatory and cytotoxic effect. Considering the longevity and stress-resistance of germ-free animals, choosing foods (such as raw carrots or cooked bamboo shoots or cooked mushrooms) which accelerate peristalsis and speed transit through the bowel, which suppressing bacterial growth, seems like a convenient approach to increasing longevity.” -Ray Peat, PhD

"Since estrogen promotes serotonin, progesterone is likely to be a protective factor (Donner & Handa, 2009; Hiroi, et al., 2006; Berman, et al., 2006; Bethea, et al., 2000)." -Ray Peat, PhD

Raypeat.com | Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone
"Estrogen's effects are partly mediated by increased formation of serotonin, progesterone's, by decreasing it."

Raypeat.com | Multiple sclerosis, protein, fat, and progesterone
"The excess cortisol of depression, old age, and hyperestrogenism often comes down with use of a thyroid supplement, but pregnenolone has a very direct action (in opposition to serotonin) that can quiet the pituitary, reducing ACTH and cortisol. Progesterone has some similar effects, and is protective against excess cortisol, and is a major factor in nerve and brain restoration. Thyroid, progesterone, and pregnenolone are all involved in the formation of new myelin, and in the prevention of the edema that damages it."

Last edited:
OP
llian

llian

You're welcome :thumbleft.

There are more ways of additionally lowering serotonin. For example thyroid (NDT, or T3+T4). Or pregnenolone, and Progest-E (progesterone) by lowering estrogen. All highly protective substances. Autism is also possibly linked to high estrogen and low thyroid.

"Hypothyroidism is a very common cause of increased serotonin (e.g. Henley, et al., 1998), and it the thyroid hormone is supplemented until symptoms are resolved, it’s likely that the serotonin will have been normalized." -Ray Peat, PhD

“The food industry is promoting the use of various gums and starches, which are convenient thickeners and stabilizers for increasing self-life, with the argument that the butyric acid produced when they are fermented by intestinal bacteria is protective. However, intestinal fermentation increases systemic and brain serotonin, and the short-chain fatty acids can produce a variety of inflammatory and cytotoxic effect. Considering the longevity and stress-resistance of germ-free animals, choosing foods (such as raw carrots or cooked bamboo shoots or cooked mushrooms) which accelerate peristalsis and speed transit through the bowel, which suppressing bacterial growth, seems like a convenient approach to increasing longevity.” -Ray Peat, PhD

"Since estrogen promotes serotonin, progesterone is likely to be a protective factor (Donner & Handa, 2009; Hiroi, et al., 2006; Berman, et al., 2006; Bethea, et al., 2000)." -Ray Peat, PhD

Raypeat.com | Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone
"Estrogen's effects are partly mediated by increased formation of serotonin, progesterone's, by decreasing it."

Raypeat.com | Multiple sclerosis, protein, fat, and progesterone
"The excess cortisol of depression, old age, and hyperestrogenism often comes down with use of a thyroid supplement, but pregnenolone has a very direct action (in opposition to serotonin) that can quiet the pituitary, reducing ACTH and cortisol. Progesterone has some similar effects, and is protective against excess cortisol, and is a major factor in nerve and brain restoration. Thyroid, progesterone, and pregnenolone are all involved in the formation of new myelin, and in the prevention of the edema that damages it."
Ty again! Im tryna make a protocol for this cause.

Soo yeaa i kinda feel my thyroid is screwed since Im having all the symptoms of "low thyroid" kinda thing(low energy, tired all the time even 8 hour sleep, unmotivated) alsoo my serotonin is sky high i think

Btw androsterone or androstanolone helps with something?

How should i take NDT ? Is there pills form or injectable? Also same for progesterone... pills or topical ? Ty in advance :cat:

boris

How should i take NDT ? Is there pills form or injectable? Also same for progesterone... pills or topical ? Ty in advance :cat:

Danny Roddy | Demistyfing Thyroid Supplementation

WP-Thyroid is supposed to be a good NDT brand. Lifegivingstore recently added a NDT powder that people seem to be very content with.
Synthetic thyroid is available at Idealabs or Cynoplus+Cynomel from Mexico.

For progesterone I would only trust Dr.Peat's Progest-E (there are instructions for use on the product page) or Idealabs.

Soo yeaa i kinda feel my thyroid is screwed since Im having all the symptoms of "low thyroid" kinda thing(low energy, tired all the time even 8 hour sleep, unmotivated) alsoo my serotonin is sky high i think
In the cronometer log you posted 4 liters of tap water. This is from Peat's MS article above: "Drinking too much water can increase prolactin, and can damage the nerves' myelin enclosures; too much serotonin tends to cause excessive drinking". Peat recommends, instead of drinking a lot of plain water, to replace it with sweet juices and milk.

Last edited:
OP
llian

llian

Danny Roddy | Demistyfing Thyroid Supplementation

WP-Thyroid is supposed to be a good NDT brand. Lifegivingstore recently added a NDT powder that people seem to be very content with.
Synthetic thyroid is available at Idealabs or Cynoplus+Cynomel from Mexico.

For progesterone I would only trust Dr.Peat's Progest-E (there are instructions for use on the product page) or Idealabs.

In the cronometer log you posted 4 liters of tap water. This is from Peat's MS article above: "Drinking too much water can increase prolactin, and can damage the nerves' myelin enclosures; too much serotonin tends to cause excessive drinking". Peat recommends, instead of drinking a lot of plain water, to replace it with sweet juices and milk.
Ty for sources dude! veeryy good stuff ?

Btw that cronometer log i posted is kinda an aim-to thing since i'm a lazy person and i barely hit 2l of water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals