Noise Anxiety - Potassium Deficiency

SheilaHelm1

Has anyone else got Noise Anxiety??? I am starting to hate peoples voices, everyone is so noisy, I hate traffic noise, bird noise, general activity noise, tv noise etc. its like its done on purpose to bug me!!! Paranoia due to deficiency of something maybe????

I read it could be potassium deficiency, any thoughts ??

What food contains potassium or should I just get some earplugs :evil:

Jenn

OJ, it's a excellent balance of sugar, minerals and potassium. Sugar helps with stress, noise anxiety would be a stress. Carbonation may be helpful too, try adding club soda to the OJ, with a pinch of salt.

OP
S

SheilaHelm1

Thanks Jenn, I will try more carbonation definitely.. already having loads of sugar, and I know I should up my salt but struggle with it for some reason.
Thanks for the tips, I am soooo agitated by noise!!!

Peata

I had issues with noise for the longest time, Sheila. I felt it was tied into my anxiety/adrenaline/cortisol always being "on". I couldn't stand any volume turned up, everything seemed loud and startling, and like you, I felt paranoid about it. There were also times I had light sensitivity, such as any glares from the sun would spark my anxiety and aggravate me, but that really hasn't been as much an issue. I wasn't into Peat at the time, so I guess I just did other things to try to control anxiety.

Since coming to Peat and slowly incorporating more and more Peatiness, I recently noticed the noises aren't as big of a deal. I even turn my radio and TV volume up more and can enjoy it better (hopefully that doesn't mean my hearing is getting bad). Some noises still bother me, such as the "tinny" sound from someone's cell phone speaker when they are listening to it loudly through earbuds next to me. But overall there is a lot of improvement. I want to say it's just a result of my anxiety level reducing OVERALL, and the noise problem was just another symptom of it that has been helped. So as you do more Peat stuff, like the CO2, salt, etc. you should notice improvements as well.

OP
S

SheilaHelm1

Yeah there is a bit of light sensitivity thinking about it, but mainly noise. I have suffered from tinnitus in the past and have a slight deafness in one ear, probably doesn't help. I'm probably just getting knadgered in my old age ha ha...
Think I'm just stressed in general, need a week off from work I think.
Thanks for the input xx
Glad you mentioned gelatin Jenn because I don't eat meat, but was wondering if I even need gelatine, I have been eating more of it lately making my own cherry and orange jelly/jello

Jenn

I eat a lot of gelatin, regardless if I eat meat or not.

Tinnitus is calcification of the eardrum and can be treated with a drop (use a drip from a cotton swab into the ear while the head is tilted) of ACV in each the ear on a daily basis. It works.

Dutchie

Coconutwater is also very high in potassium.
Potato is a good source of potassium too,if you eat starch.

Jenn

Coconut water is amazing stuff. Expensive, but truly amazing. I once gave just a little bit to a severely dehydrated dog. He was rehydrated in 20 minutes. It mixes well with lemonade and aloe vera juice or a pepsi throwback or even sweet tea.

Stilgar

Maybe there is a link. I had a big panic attack a day or two before I was hospitalised for potassium deficiency.

Ideonaut

Tinnitus is calcification of the eardrum and can be treated with a drop (use a drip from a cotton swab into the ear while the head is tilted) of ACV in each the ear on a daily basis. It works.
WHAT IS ACV?

Ideonaut

oh, apple cider vinegar, I suppose. Shane Ellison, "the people's chemist" claimed that synthetic vitamin d3 causes calcification. Anybody have knowledge of that?

M

marikay

oh, apple cider vinegar, I suppose. Shane Ellison, "the people's chemist" claimed that synthetic vitamin d3 causes calcification. Anybody have knowledge of that?

Only anecdotal but I did notice a big increase in tinnitus when taking d3 supplement. No such problem during the summer when I ge the d3 via the UVB rays of the sun.

M

marikay

I notice that I like sounds a lot more when I increase my potassium intake. I use the LoSalt mentioned above, but also eat potatoes several times a week.

M

marikay

Hi Jenn. Do you know how long it takes of the daily ACV in the ear thing before the tinnitus eases? And should I do both ears even if the ringing is in just one? Thanks.

johnsmith

Hi Jenn. Do you know how long it takes of the daily ACV in the ear thing before the tinnitus eases? And should I do both ears even if the ringing is in just one? Thanks.

Did you try this out? How did it go? It sounds interesting, lol.

M

marikay

Did you try this out? How did it go? It sounds interesting, lol.

I haven’t tried it yet. Tinnitus went away for a bit while I was taking an antibiotic for gum infection. The tinnitus came back though and I am thinking of trying the vinegar on a q-tip thing. Thanks for reminding me. I’ll post when I start.