No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is beyond laziness. I carried my girls up the stairs every night and read them stories at bedtime. I waited at the bus stop and made them breakfast in the morning. I took them to the park and the movies every weekend and rode bikes with them. I didn't do this for brownie points, I did it because I genuinely enjoyed doing so. Whenever their screaming, drinking mother said she was going to divorce me there was no question who they were going to live with and no concern for their mother. This has paid dividends in so many ways. I told my daughters every day of their lives that I loved them. I made sure I was never going to behave like mine did. Now my mother sits there miserable and alone and no one speaks to or sees my dad.

You are their hero! I was the same, adoring my children! They are grown and adore me back! How stupid are parents that are given the opportunity to raise children that are a blessing to the world and throw it away for money, laziness or their sex life?

Rick K

You are their hero! I was the same, adoring my children! They are grown and adore me back! How stupid are parents that are given the opportunity to raise children that are a blessing to the world and throw it away for money, laziness or their sex life?
Yup, or ensconced so deeply in their own neurosis that they can't appreciate what they have or what they're doing.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yup, or ensconced so deeply in their own neurosis that they can't appreciate what they have or what they're doing.
Or they think children are stupid and wont remember EVERYTHING. My stepfather pulled that one schmoozing me when I would go home to visit my little brother and sister, twins, 12 years younger than I.

Rick K

Or they think children are stupid and wont remember EVERYTHING. My stepfather pulled that one schmoozing me when I would go home to visit my little brother and sister, twins, 12 years younger than I.
You are in my prayers.

Ell

The lipids an infant receives ara paramount to neural development. How much EPA, DHA are in natural milk ? The only lipids I saw in the formula was structured vegetable oil, whatever the H that is. "Lipid profile of breast milk" is a topic which might interest some.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The lipids an infant receives ara paramount to neural development. How much EPA, DHA are in natural milk ? The only lipids I saw in the formula was structured vegetable oil, whatever the H that is. "Lipid profile of breast milk" is a topic which might interest some.

That is a perfect topic to talk about now. Parents do such an injustice to their newborns not at least trying.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Carrageenan has been found to cause colitis and anaphylaxis in humans, but it is often present in baby “formulas” and a wide range of milk products, with the result that many people have come to believe that it was the milk-product that was responsible for their allergic symptoms. Because the regulators claim that it is a safe natural substance, it is very likely that it sometimes appears in foods that don’t list it on the label, for example when it is part of another ingredient." -Ray Peat

Dr. B

"Carrageenan has been found to cause colitis and anaphylaxis in humans, but it is often present in baby “formulas” and a wide range of milk products, with the result that many people have come to believe that it was the milk-product that was responsible for their allergic symptoms. Because the regulators claim that it is a safe natural substance, it is very likely that it sometimes appears in foods that don’t list it on the label, for example when it is part of another ingredient." -Ray Peat
thats exactly correct... the ingredients list are a big game. it might say "vitamin D vitamin A added" or "natural flavors" but really those are singular ingredients but they can contain 50 other ingredients. most chewing gums, even the higher quality, safer ones like simply gum and pur gum, they contain the ingredient "gum base" which actually can include up to 50 different ingredients and many of them are some strange polyesters or rubber or petroleum based things...

i used to use a whey protein with carrageenan, if you look it up on some bodybuilding forums theyre all like oh its a small amount of ingredient means nothing. but that whey, caused digestive issues, especially when i continued using it for weeks, it would swell my face a bit and cause redness and skin irritation

OP
Rinse & rePeat
thats exactly correct... the ingredients list are a big game. it might say "vitamin D vitamin A added" or "natural flavors" but really those are singular ingredients but they can contain 50 other ingredients. most chewing gums, even the higher quality, safer ones like simply gum and pur gum, they contain the ingredient "gum base" which actually can include up to 50 different ingredients and many of them are some strange polyesters or rubber or petroleum based things...

i used to use a whey protein with carrageenan, if you look it up on some bodybuilding forums theyre all like oh its a small amount of ingredient means nothing. but that whey, caused digestive issues, especially when i continued using it for weeks, it would swell my face a bit and cause redness and skin irritation

Oh wow! I never thought about one listed ingredient having many other ingredients in it! I know labeling like "natural flavors" can hide a lot that the makers probably don't want us to know about, but up 50 ingredient is just cringeworthy!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"DES(diethyl stilbestrol) is one of the most notorious estrogens, because studies in humans revealed that its use during pregnancy not only caused cancer, miscarriages, blood clots, etc., in the women who used it, but also caused cancer, infertility, and deformities in their children, and even in their grandchildren. (But those transgenerational effects are not unique to it."

My mother took DES when she was pregnant with me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Since the custom of giving large iron supplements to pregnant women has been established, there has been an increase in jaundice of the newborn. It has been observed that women who didn't take iron supplements during pregnancy have healthy babies that don't develop jaundice. I have suggested that this could be because they haven't been poisoned by iron. Those supplements could also be a factor in the increased incidence of childhood cancer." -Ray Peat

Dr. B

"DES(diethyl stilbestrol) is one of the most notorious estrogens, because studies in humans revealed that its use during pregnancy not only caused cancer, miscarriages, blood clots, etc., in the women who used it, but also caused cancer, infertility, and deformities in their children, and even in their grandchildren. (But those transgenerational effects are not unique to it."

My mother took DES when she was pregnant with me.
why did she use it?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
why did she use it?

She had a miscarriage before me. It was normal protocol for a good 20 years and nobody second guessed it until they saw the health problems play out, just like the vaccines. The sons of mothers that took DES are sterile, just like both of my younger brothers.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Mechanisms and Essentiality: When something is unavoidable, in ordinary life, talking about "essentiality," or the minimum amount required for life or for optimal health, is more important as an exploration into the nature of our life than as a practical health issue. For example, how much oxygen, how many germs (of what kinds), how many cosmic rays (of what kinds), would produce the nicest human beings? The fact that we have adapted to something---oxygen at sea level, microbes, or vegetable fats, for example--doesn't mean that we are normally exposed to it in ideal amounts." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"There have been a series of claims that babies' brains or eyes develop better when their diets are supplemented with certain unsaturated oils, based on the idea that diets may be deficient in certain types of oil, Some experimenters claim that the supplements have improved the mental development of babies, but other researchers find that the supplemented babies have poorer mental development. But the oils that are added to the babies' diets are derived from fish or algae, and contain a great variety of substances (such as vitamins) other than the unsaturated fatty acids, and the researchers consistently fail to control for the effects of such substances.
It has shown that it is probably impossible to experience a detectable deficiency of linoleic acid outside of the laboratory setting,[69] but the real issue is probably whether the amount in the normal diet is harmful to development. Until the research with animals has produced a better understanding of the effects of unsaturated oils, experimenting on human babies seems hard to justify." -Ray Peat

Dr. B

"There have been a series of claims that babies' brains or eyes develop better when their diets are supplemented with certain unsaturated oils, based on the idea that diets may be deficient in certain types of oil, Some experimenters claim that the supplements have improved the mental development of babies, but other researchers find that the supplemented babies have poorer mental development. But the oils that are added to the babies' diets are derived from fish or algae, and contain a great variety of substances (such as vitamins) other than the unsaturated fatty acids, and the researchers consistently fail to control for the effects of such substances.
It has shown that it is probably impossible to experience a detectable deficiency of linoleic acid outside of the laboratory setting,[69] but the real issue is probably whether the amount in the normal diet is harmful to development. Until the research with animals has produced a better understanding of the effects of unsaturated oils, experimenting on human babies seems hard to justify." -Ray Peat
interesting which vitamins and minerals are in fish oil?
Hasnt Peat said fish oil is toxic? is he saying it still has benefits with mental development, just that the pufa in it is still a problem?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
interesting which vitamins and minerals are in fish oil?
Hasnt Peat said fish oil is toxic? is he saying it still has benefits with mental development, just that the pufa in it is still a problem?

Ray isn't promoting fish oils and algae in that quote, but rather he pointing out how conflictive each of the "experimenters" conclusions are. He is saying, until they have a solid scientific conclusion that everyone can agree on, they should not be experimenting on babies.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Putting 2+2 together, after reading the Forbes article below it reminded me of this something that Ray Peat wrote in his "Intelligence and Metabolism" article. Obviously all this isolation and worry from Covid is taking it's toll on children even before they are born!

"The rat research of Marion Diamond and others at the University of California, however, showed that the structure, weight, and biochemistry of a rat's brain changes, according to the amount of environmental stimulation and opportunity for exploration. This improvement of brain structure and function is passed on to the next generation, giving it a head-start. It isn't likely that rats are more disposed than humans to benefit from mental activity, and in the years since Diamond's research there have been many discoveries showing that brains of all sorts complexify structurally and functionally in response to stimulation." -Ray Peat

"A new preprint study presents the alarming finding that children born during the pandemic in the US show reduced verbal, motor, and overall cognitive performance compared to children born pre-pandemic. In the decade preceding the pandemic, the mean IQ score on standardized tests for children aged between three months and three years of age hovered around 100, but for children enrolled in this study born during the pandemic that number dropped to 78."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Some researchers are concerned that the iron added to cereals is contributing to the incidence of leukemia and cancers of the lymphatic tissues in children. [Goodfield, 1984.] During the time of rapid growth, children are less likely than adults to store too much iron. At birth, they have a large amount of stored iron, and this decreases as they "grow into it." It is after puberty, when growth slows and the sex hormones are high, that the storage of iron increases. [Blood, Sept., 1976.] In a study of the "malnourished" children of migrant fruit pickers in California, these children who were "seriously anemic" were actually more resistant to infectious diseases than were the "well nourished" middle class children in the same region."- Ray Peat