No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

Rick K

I used to think we lived in food torture growing up. Oyster stew, skate, leg of lamb, new england boiled dinners, liver (of course), lima beans, celery in the crisper for fun snacks :smirk:, rice pudding. My dad did make our lunches (liverwurst or lamb sandwich, etc.) everyday. He did squeeze juice every morning for us and bake our school shoes in low heat oven. I had to hear from the other school kids that they got tacos or pizza and koolaid. I was so embarassed. They'd make the weirdest face when I muttered, "we had skate".
lol. we had no idea we were lucky.
We used to get bags full of frozen smelt ( a small freshwater fish that people scooped up in nets when they were spawning on the shores of Lake Ontario) and they were a bugger to clean and you always got a mouthful of bones. My favorite sandwich (not) which still gives me the willies to think about was the dreaded cheese wiz. That smell and what a godawful taste. Chock full of goodness too. Because there was some obscure relationship to real food from my allergies we drank Tang for breakfast and I had to use powdered milk.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
We used to get bags full of frozen smelt ( a small freshwater fish that people scooped up in nets when they were spawning on the shores of Lake Ontario) and they were a bugger to clean and you always got a mouthful of bones. My favorite sandwich (not) which still gives me the willies to think about was the dreaded cheese wiz. That smell and what a godawful taste. Chock full of goodness too. Because there was some obscure relationship to real food from my allergies we drank Tang for breakfast and I had to use powdered milk.

Oh you poor thing! Your parent don't sound look good cooks at all! We had to make powdered too. I could only get it down if it chilled really cold for a day or two. So the dreaded sandwich was just Cheez Whiz on bread?

Rick K

Oh you poor thing! Your parent don't sound look good cooks at all! We had to make powdered too. I could only get it down if it chilled really cold for a day or two. So the dreaded sandwich was just Cheez Whiz on bread?
Yup. Cheez Wiz on white bread. My mom used tupperware cups to put either milk or koolaid in and they would always leak and I would have soggy bread to boot.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My braunschweiger on rye tasted awful, but at is was healthy. Cheez Whiz and white bread us horrible for nutrition!

Rick K

What the heck? Did she work?
She did not. If you were to see what I made of myself physically with martial arts, cycling and weight lifting you wouldn't believe it were possible based on my start in life. Me and my siblings started life on the dreaded soy infant formula and when I had some hive reaction to orange juice as a baby this doctor told my mother to stop feeding me regular food and I literally starved. I had a distended belly and was skin and bones and cried all the time because I was so hungry. I used to crawl on the floor under anyone's kitchen table and eat crumbs off the floor; I was that hungry. My bones hurt so bad i would cry in my bed because of the lack of calcium and protein. My mother finally started to feed me at about 3 or 4 years old and I would cry in between mouthfuls because I couldn't get it down fast enough. I was born in 1960. Isn't that insane? I remember my grandfather dragging me out from under the kitchen table by my waistband and saying "come here you little garbage picker". I had chronic asthma and eczema and allergies to everything. When I finally took my health in my own hands at 15 my eczema, asthma and allergies and migraine headaches went away never to return. I have avoided doctors at all costs during my life and take NO diet advice from anyone but myself.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
She did not. If you were to see what I made of myself physically with martial arts, cycling and weight lifting you wouldn't believe it were possible based on my start in life. Me and my siblings started life on the dreaded soy infant formula and when I had some hive reaction to orange juice as a baby this doctor told my mother to stop feeding me regular food and I literally starved. I had a distended belly and was skin and bones and cried all the time because I was so hungry. I used to crawl on the floor under anyone's kitchen table and eat crumbs off the floor; I was that hungry. My bones hurt so bad i would cry in my bed because of the lack of calcium and protein. My mother finally started to feed me at about 3 or 4 years old and I would cry in between mouthfuls because I couldn't get it down fast enough. I was born in 1960. Isn't that insane? I remember my grandfather dragging me out from under the kitchen table by my waistband and saying "come here you little garbage picker". I had chronic asthma and eczema and allergies to everything. When I finally took my health in my own hands at 15 my eczema, asthma and allergies and migraine headaches went away never to return. I have avoided doctors at all costs during my life and take NO diet advice from anyone but myself.

I lived a hard life with terror from an abusive step father on alcohol and marijuana and a schizophrenic mother on pills, but your childhood sounds worse, starving and being so sick horribly sick all the time. How did your mom justify that abuse later?

Rick K

I lived a hard life with terror from an abusive step father on alcohol and marijuana and a schizophrenic mother on pills, but your childhood sounds worse, starving and being so sick horribly sick all the time. How did your mom justify that abuse later?
The same way people justify things now. She thought the doctors knew best. I'm sorry for your fear growing up. Fear is so destructive. We were afraid of our mother as she was a screaming hitting psycho and as my dad was completely indifferent to our existence we just had to live with it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The same way people justify things now. She thought the doctors knew best. I'm sorry for your fear growing up. Fear is so destructive. We were afraid of our mother as she was a screaming hitting psycho and as my dad was completely indifferent to our existence we just had to live with it.

My mom too! She would stress us out screaming obscenities over her hair not going right, while getting ready for church, then turn on the sainty charm when we got there. My stepfather chased us with loaded guns, on more than one occasion, he even shot at my younger brother as he was running through the pasture to save his life, after my step father broke his nose with his fist. Funny when I made this post I thought it was just about nutrition, but your's and my childhood trauma was probably more health destroying than the formula. Sorry for you awful childhood too!

Regina

? that's as weird as it is sad.
I've visited some all grown up friends that are married with children, or single moms. I hold back my horror at how poorly fed their kids are.

I watched my friend make her two kids (girl 12, boy 10) dinner. She opened a bag of potato chips and then a quicky mart type bag of pepperoni slices; dumped them on the chips and threw it in the oven. Divided it up on two little paper plates and walked away. No grace. That's your homecooked meal, losers.
She's a top Sotheby's realtor in Greenwich, CT.
Another friend is married to a very successful developer and does not work. Time for dinner kids! She handed her two kids each a lunchable box and walked away.

Most dog owners pour the kibble in the bowl with more enthusiasm.

It's just perplexing.

Attachments

• lunchable.jpg
    lunchable.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 7

Regina

My mom too! She would stress us out screaming obscenities over her hair not going right, while getting ready for church, then turn on the sainty charm when we got there. My stepfather chased us with loaded guns, on more than one occasion, he even shot at my younger brother as he was running through the pasture to save his life, after my step father broke his nose with his fist. Funny when I made this post I thought it was just about nutrition, but your's and my childhood trauma was probably more health destroying than the formula. Sorry for you awful childhood too!
??

Regina

Wow

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Poor Rick being starved, and crawling around eating crumbs off the floor! So many people have no business raising children. Way too many horrible parents.! And to think, to some children, me and Rick had it good!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I've visited some all grown up friends that are married with children, or single moms. I hold back my horror at how poorly fed their kids are.

I watched my friend make her two kids (girl 12, boy 10) dinner. She opened a bag of potato chips and then a quicky mart type bag of pepperoni slices; dumped them on the chips and threw it in the oven. Divided it up on two little paper plates and walked away. No grace. That's your homecooked meal, losers.
Another friend is married to a very successful developer and does not work. Time for dinner kids! She handed her two kids each a lunchable box and walked away.

It's just perplexing.

That is repulsive! That is exactly what is wrong with society nowadays, such laziness!

Rick K

It's just perplexing.
That is so disturbing. What memories will these people have of their children? Will they wake up in time to regret their life and the fact that their kids never come to see them? Is it any wonder so many people have health problems when they are fed like this?

Rick K

Poor Rick being starved, and crawling around eating crumbs off the floor! So many people have no business raising children. Way too many horrible parents.! And to think, to some children, me and Rick had it good!
Oh yeah. When I hear about children locked in basements or closets and living in filth my heart breaks.

Rick K

That is repulsive! That is exactly what is wrong with society nowadays, such laziness!
This is beyond laziness. I carried my girls up the stairs every night and read them stories at bedtime. I waited at the bus stop and made them breakfast in the morning. I took them to the park and the movies every weekend and rode bikes with them. I didn't do this for brownie points, I did it because I genuinely enjoyed doing so. Whenever their screaming, drinking mother said she was going to divorce me there was no question who they were going to live with and no concern for their mother. This has paid dividends in so many ways. I told my daughters every day of their lives that I loved them. I made sure I was never going to behave like mine did. Now my mother sits there miserable and alone and no one speaks to or sees my dad.