No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

This is the ingredients in baby formula!

Lactose, Vegetable Oils (including Structured Vegetable Oil), Skimmed Milk Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate (enriched in Alpha-Lactalbumin), Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin), Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin C, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-Tryptophan, Cytidine-5'-Monophosphate, L-Carnitine, Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Disodium Uridine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Niacin Adenosine-5'-Monophosphate, Pantothenic Acid, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Inosine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12.

"The manufacturers of pureed vegetables for babies used to put large amounts of salt, sugar, and monosodium glutamate into their products, because the added chemicals served as instinctual signals that made the material somewhat acceptable to the babies. There was no scientific basis for providing these vegetables to babies in a form that they would accept, but it was a profitable practice that was compatible with the social pressure against prolonged breast feeding." -Ray Peat

Last edited:

Peater

Lactose, Vegetable Oils (including Structured Vegetable Oil), Skimmed Milk Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate (enriched in Alpha-Lactalbumin), Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin), Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin C, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-Tryptophan, Cytidine-5'-Monophosphate, L-Carnitine, Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Disodium Uridine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Niacin Adenosine-5'-Monophosphate, Pantothenic Acid, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Inosine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12.

It does a body good!

tankasnowgod

Yeah, a lot of questionable things in there. If they can't be breastfed (or breastfed exclusively), I would think cow or goat milk would be a pretty solid option. Far better than formula.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yeah, a lot of questionable things in there. If they can't be breastfed (or breastfed exclusively), I would think cow or goat milk would be a pretty solid option. Far better than formula.
Make your own for sure because this no way to start building a person!

Happycat

I was checking the ingredient list on baby 'milk' out if curiosity, since we have a baby in the family. I was horrified at the sunflower oil, soy and all the other garbage in there. :(

Regina

I was checking the ingredient list on baby 'milk' out if curiosity, since we have a baby in the family. I was horrified at the sunflower oil, soy and all the other garbage in there. :(
Yeah. It may as well be a can of Boost.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I know! My son's fist baby is due in two weeks and I had to send that list of ingredients to him!

Regina

T
I haven't head of Boost?
They seem to have gotten the "meal replacement" deal in all the hospitals and ALF's in the US. Pretty much a can of canola oil with a vitamin pack similar to the ones in dog kibble.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
T

They seem to have gotten the "meal replacement" deal in all the hospitals and ALF's in the US. Pretty much a can of canola oil with a vitamin pack similar to the ones in dog kibble.
Yeah this Boost is terrible too! The list of ingredients needed two screenshots! This is what they give in the hospital?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-154909_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-154909_Outlook.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20210711-154917_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-154917_Outlook.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 46

Regina

Yeah this Boost is terrible too! The list of ingredients needed two screenshots! This is what they give in the hospital?
Yes. They were giving 3 per day for my mom with alzheimer's.(to wash down additional ferrous sulfate pills!!). And my siblings stocked up on it too. Because you know, it's science and the doctor says....

I was able to put a stop to the Boost and iron pills.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yes. They were giving 3 per day for my mom with alzheimer's.(to wash down additional ferrous sulfate pills!!). And my siblings stocked up on it too. Because you know, it's science and the doctor says....

I was able to put a stop to the Boost and iron pills.
This is so so sad! I tried to get my daughter-in-law to reconsider taking iron pills during her pregnancy and she wouldn't hear anything I had to say to even consider dropping them. Her doctor prescribed it and she trusts him ?

Nebula

Isn’t it recommended that infants should not drink cows or goat milk? It is too much protein for a human baby’s kidney is what they claim. I think my mom in the 50’s was given a lot of condensed milk as their doctor recommended that for mother’s who needed a breast milk substitute. I wonder how that worked did they just dilute it with water and sugar?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Isn’t it recommended that infants should not drink cows or goat milk? It is too much protein for a human baby’s kidney is what they claim. I think my mom in the 50’s was given a lot of condensed milk as their doctor recommended that for mother’s who needed a breast milk substitute. I wonder how that worked did they just dilute it with water and sugar?
I think cow's milk is bad, but they say goat milk is closer to human breast milk. So I wonder if that would be safe?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think cow's milk is bad, but they say goat milk is closer to human breast milk. So I wonder if that would be safe?
Nope goat milk isn't a safe option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-184108_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-184108_Samsung Internet.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 53

Nebula

i just asked my mom in a text. She said all her siblings and her were fed evaporated cow’s milk as infants. My grandma wasn’t able to breastfeed for some reason. They all seemed to have turned out ok health wise. But I wonder what potential negative effects it could have had. Doesn’t cooking milk help breakdown the milk protein? Maybe that helps.

Has Peat ever commented on what would be the least harmful breast milk substitute?

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
i just asked my mom in a text. She said all her siblings and her were fed evaporated cow’s milk as infants. My grandma wasn’t able to breastfeed for some reason. They all seemed to have turned out ok health wise. But I wonder what potential negative effects it could have had. Doesn’t cooking milk help breakdown the milk protein? Maybe that helps.

Has Peat ever commented on what would be the least harmful breast milk substitute?
Yeah I think the evaporated cow's milk is much more tolerated than pasteurized. I heard they use to give it to babies back in the day. I never thought about any of this until I ran across these horrible ingredients this morning, so I would be interested to know what Peat would have to say on the subject too. Maybe this is a job for Mr.Bollox ?