No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Polyunsaturated fats are another clearly identified cause of cancer, especially breast cancer. These fats synergize with estrogen, and sensitize to radiation. Their effects on the mother can be seen in the offspring, as an increased tendency to develop breast or prostate cancer.” Dr. Ray Peat, PhD

natewill

This is the ingredients in baby formula!

Lactose, Vegetable Oils (including Structured Vegetable Oil), Skimmed Milk Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate (enriched in Alpha-Lactalbumin), Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin), Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin C, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-Tryptophan, Cytidine-5'-Monophosphate, L-Carnitine, Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Disodium Uridine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Niacin Adenosine-5'-Monophosphate, Pantothenic Acid, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Inosine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12.

"The manufacturers of pureed vegetables for babies used to put large amounts of salt, sugar, and monosodium glutamate into their products, because the added chemicals served as instinctual signals that made the material somewhat acceptable to the babies. There was no scientific basis for providing these vegetables to babies in a form that they would accept, but it was a profitable practice that was compatible with the social pressure against prolonged breast feeding." -Ray Peat
It's definitely sinister. I'm grateful that my wife was able to breast feed. She still pumps for our daughter who is almost two years old. Never had a cold! She doesn't eat "baby food" or any other fortified junk unless its a treat from a restaurant that I don't have much control over.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It's definitely sinister. I'm grateful that my wife was able to breast feed. She still pumps for our daughter who is almost two years old. Never had a cold! She doesn't eat "baby food" or any other fortified junk unless its a treat from a restaurant that I don't have much control over.

She is a lucky little girl! My dad went that extra mile for me and my little brother, the first 9 years of my life, and 7 of brother's before mon divorced him, for a loser. He gave us brewers yeast many times a week, cultured his own yogurt, made all of our ice cream from scratch and went to the ocean to dive for lobster, abalone and whatever else he could catch. We had horrible liver dinners once a week and nasty fried oysters, but my parents didn't weaken to me and my brother's complaints and hand us fast food burgers to eat in front of the tv. Children are always observing what their parents do and they store that information away to call you out in front of people at a later date or thank you for caring and hopefully do the same for their children one day. Kudos to you good father!

Rick K

She is a lucky little girl! My dad went that extra mile for me and my little brother, the first 9 years of my life, and 7 of brother's before mon divorced him, for a loser. He gave us brewers yeast many times a week, cultured his own yogurt, made all of our ice cream from scratch and went to the ocean to dive for lobster, abalone and whatever else he could catch. We had horrible liver dinners once a week and nasty fried oysters, but my parents didn't weaken to me and my brother's complaints and hand us fast food burgers to eat in front of the tv. Children are always observing what their parents do and they store that information away to call you out in front of people at a later date or thank you for caring and hopefully do the same for their children one day. Kudos to you good father!
Liver dinners :wtf:

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Liver dinners :wtf:
Liver was so traumatic until Ray Peat. My mom also use to bread huge oysters, that I still remember came in a tall glass jar, and they would ooze green matter from them when we cut into them.

Rick K

Liver was so traumatic until Ray Peat. My mom also use to bread huge oysters, that I still remember came in a tall glass jar, and they would ooze green matter from them when we cut into them.
I just wanted to die when I had to eat liver or the dreaded lumpy porridge which made me gag or the green pea soup or the mystery meat sandwiches with the olive and pimento or spam sandwiches which I just took to chucking up on the school roof.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I just wanted to die when I had to eat liver or the dreaded lumpy porridge which made me gag or the green pea soup or the mystery meat sandwiches with the olive and pimento or spam sandwiches which I just took to chucking up on the school roof.
Oh gosh you had it bad too! Being a full blooded German, my dad would pack my school every day and everyday I would get braunschweiger on rye bread with mustard. All the kids would trade things in each others lunches and knowing they wouldn't want mine, I tried out desperation to trade one day anyway. When they asked what I had I said braunschwaeger and they asked what it was and I couldn't tell them. One look and smell of it and they never looked my way again at trading time :/

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh gosh you had it bad too! Being a full blooded German, my dad would pack my school every day and everyday I would get braunschweiger on rye bread with mustard. All the kids would trade things in each others lunches and knowing they wouldn't want mine, I tried out desperation to trade one day anyway. When they asked what I had I said braunschwaeger and they asked what it was and I couldn't tell them. One look and smell of it and they never looked my way again at trading time :/
Where you gagged on split pea soup I gagged the worst on those dry lima beans in frozen mixed vegetables.

Rick K

Where you gagged on split pea soup I gagged the worst on those dry lima beans in frozen mixed vegetables.
The lima beans were the worst. Those vegetable medleys-gag. Split pea soup made me throw up a little in my mouth and the soggy toast in french onion soup? Christ on a cracker. My loving nazi mother would slap us if we made a face and make us sit there and eat "it" even if it was cold. My mom used to make sauerkraut in a large urn in the basement and we used to torture ourselves and the neighbor kids by lifting the lid and smelling that vomitous.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The lima beans were the worst. Those vegetable medleys-gag. Split pea soup made me throw up a little in my mouth and the soggy toast in french onion soup? Christ on a cracker. My loving nazi mother would slap us if we made a face and make us sit there and eat "it" even if it was cold. My mom used to make sauerkraut in a large urn in the basement and we used to torture ourselves and the neighbor kids by lifting the lid and smelling that vomitous.

Ha ha! I am really laughing out loud on that kraut torture! I know they made sit for hours too! One time I asked if I could be excused from the table to go to bathroom, and filled my mouth with a bunch of liver before going and spit it in the toilet. When I came back to the table my brother was impressed that I had cleared so much off of my plate that way, so he asked to be excused to go to the bathroom too. He filled his mouth and left, and while parents were talking, I slipped what left onto my brothers plate and excused myself from the table and went outside to play. My brother had told that story and many others about me at every family gathering! I was a clever and resourceful child, a bit naughty too :)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ha ha! I am really laughing out loud on that kraut torture! I know they made sit for hours too! One time I asked if I could be excused from the table to go to bathroom, and filled my mouth with a bunch of liver before going and spit it in the toilet. When I came back to the table my brother was impressed that I had cleared so much off of my plate that way, so he asked to be excused to go to the bathroom too. He filled his mouth and left, and while parents were talking, I slipped what left onto my brothers plate and excused myself from the table and went outside to play. My brother had told that story and many others about me at every family gathering! I was a clever and resourceful child, a bit naughty too :)
It was mom's fault for eating all those PUFA's!

Rick K

We had a gooseberry bush in the backyard. Gooseberries are pretty tasty when ripe but so sour your face looks like a prune if you eat them before they're ripe so we would make bets to see who could eat the most before they spit them out.

Rick K

I have a sister who is 16 years younger than me so I was gone when she was just little but we talked last year about the wretched sandwiches our mother made and I busted a gut to hear she'd pitched all her yucky ones onto the school roof as well. That canned "lunch meat" with the jelly around the outside- gag me with a pitchfork.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
We had a gooseberry bush in the backyard. Gooseberries are pretty tasty when ripe but so sour your face looks like a prune if you eat them before they're ripe so we would make bets to see who could eat the most before they spit them out.

I imagine you were probably underweight like I was, ditching all our meals? Brewers yeast, as nasty as it was too, i am sure saved me. I could only get it down plugging my nose and waiting for the honey at the bottom to get in my mouth!

Rick K

I imagine you were probably underweight like I was, ditching all our meals? Brewers yeast, as nasty as it was too, i am sure saved me. I could only get it down plugging my nose and waiting for the honey at the bottom to get in my mouth!
I was 135 lbs in the 11th grade. Weighed 175 when I graduated college. Got up to 235 weightlifting.

Rick K

I looked like a zipper in grade school; so skinny.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I was 135 lbs in the 11th grade. Weighed 175 when I graduated college. Got up to 235 weightlifting.
Oh gosh I was probably 80 pounds going into 7th grade, 106 pounds when I was 20. I only put on weight at 28 when I was pregnant with my first son and craved beef for the first time in my life. I love a good rib eye ever since!

Regina

I used to think we lived in food torture growing up. Oyster stew, skate, leg of lamb, new england boiled dinners, liver (of course), lima beans, celery in the crisper for fun snacks :smirk:, rice pudding. My dad did make our lunches (liverwurst or lamb sandwich, etc.) everyday. He did squeeze juice every morning for us and bake our school shoes in low heat oven. I had to hear from the other school kids that they got tacos or pizza and koolaid. I was so embarassed. They'd make the weirdest face when I muttered, "we had skate".
lol. we had no idea we were lucky.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I used to think we lived in food torture growing up. Oyster stew, skate, leg of lamb, new england boiled dinners, liver (of course), lima beans, celery in the crisper for fun snacks :smirk:, rice pudding. My dad did make our lunches (liverwurst or lamb sandwich, etc.) everyday. He did squeeze juice every morning for us and bake our school shoes in low heat oven. I had to hear from the other school kids that they got tacos or pizza and koolaid. I was so embarassed. They'd make the weirdest face when I muttered, "we had skate".
lol. we had no idea we were lucky.
Those are such wonderful memories of amazing parents, especially warming the shoes wow!