No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

Richiebogie

This compares some of the components of human milk with cows milk:

They seem to think the PUFA in mother’s milk is a good thing. I wonder how much is in the milk of traditional mothers living in the tropics.

Maybe a smoothie of coconut milk, OJ and cows milk would fix the protein issue.

Last edited:
Before my husband died of mesothelioma he had cachexia at the time..
his doctor prescribed a supplement drink called ensure which was full of Puffa oils
and other unmentionable and unpronounceable things.

Because of cachexia he did not want to eat anyway, but when he did I replaced this horrible thing with egg flips

OP
Rinse & rePeat
his doctor prescribed a supplement drink called ensure which was full of Puffa oils

Because of cachexia he did not want to eat anyway, but when he did I replaced this horrible thing with egg flips
Sorry to hear about your husband Elderflower. That had to be an awful thing to watch. My mother-in-law was given that Ensure too when she was dying of cancer. There is no doubt in my mind that the cancer survival success rates could be better if they had their patients were fed better. There must be a healthier "Ensure" option or is that extra dollar a can cutting into their profits too much?

InChristAlone

Human milk is richer in whey (with less casein), lactose, vitamin C, niacin, vitamin E and has less total protein than cows milk. Feeding straight up goat or cow milk is never recommended. It could tax the immature kidneys of a small baby and cause anemia. I personally just think human milk is always best for human babies. If one can't breastfeed then there are donor milks, many Mom's overproduce and can store up a lot of breastmilk in the freezer to donate.

ursidae

The effects of Formula vs breastfeeding on unleashing your full genetic potential, your physical fitness, brain power, resilience and ability to compete with peers is the most bothersome and depressing piece of health related information I’ve ever encountered, and a huge source of resentment. But I guess it’s just natural selection. Any remotely intelligent, sane and dedicated mother should be able to put two and two together and ensure that their child is fed breast milk for the first two years of their life.

Fairykiller

The effects of Formula vs breastfeeding on unleashing your full genetic potential, your physical fitness, brain power, resilience and ability to compete with peers is the most bothersome and depressing piece of health related information I’ve ever encountered, and a huge source of resentment. But I guess it’s just natural selection. Any remotely intelligent, sane and dedicated mother should be able to put two and two together and ensure that their child is fed breast milk for the first two years of their life.
There are a lot of mothers (or babies) that just don’t manage to either produce enough or to suck effectively. And pumping often just doesn’t produce the same amount (I couldn’t pump enough when I went back to work).

the Weston a price foundation has a well tested home made formula recipe:

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Shoot even the high end organic baby formulas are full of canola oil, soy lecithin and other unpronounceable things!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-101831_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-101831_Samsung Internet.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210712-101822_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-101822_Samsung Internet.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210712-101928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-101928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210712-101922_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-101922_Samsung Internet.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
Rinse & rePeat
There are a lot of mothers (or babies) that just don’t manage to either produce enough or to suck effectively. And pumping often just doesn’t produce the same amount (I couldn’t pump enough when I went back to work).

the Weston a price foundation has a well tested home made formula recipe:

These baby formula recipes are so surprising to me using liver, egg yolks and bone broths! More interesting is reading the comments below at how differently the children are doing on them! Great find Fairykiller!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-102753_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-102753_Outlook.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20210712-102447_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-102447_Outlook.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 43
OP
Rinse & rePeat
They have a raw milk formula too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-103421_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-103421_Outlook.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 25
Shoot even the high end organic baby formulas are full of canola oil, soy lecithin and other unpronounceable things!
Pediatricians generally tell moms not to give cow’s milk before one year of age. Apparently, babies have a hard time digesting cow’s milk. Seems to me that with all the absolute junk they put in even in high end formulas that the babies would have an easier time digesting cow’s milk!

My daughter could not tolerate any type of formula and was put on Nutramagen at one month of age. At the time Nutramagen was soy milk for infants (don’t know if this is the case now). Anyways, at 7 years old she developed a goiter and has been on levothyroxine ever since. I blame the soy milk for one year. Too bad I wasn’t aware back then that soy was detrimental.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Pediatricians generally tell moms not to give cow’s milk before one year of age. Apparently, babies have a hard time digesting cow’s milk. Seems to me that with all the absolute junk they put in even in high end formulas that the babies would have an easier time digesting cow’s milk!

My daughter could not tolerate any type of formula and was put on Nutramagen at one month of age. At the time Nutramagen was soy milk for infants (don’t know if this is the case now). Anyways, at 7 years old she developed a goiter and has been on levothyroxine ever since. I blame the soy milk for one year. Too bad I wasn’t aware back then that soy was detrimental.
That is terrible Green! I feel terrible for not knowing any better 30 years ago giving my sons vaccines and, after 4 months of nursing, formulas. I went to sleep last night thinking about it and trying to soothe myself, by looking on the bright side that at least my boys didn't developed autistism from the vaccines like my friend's baby did. That is terrible about your daughter! Can her condition improve through a Ray Peat diet eventually? My mom took DES when she was pregnant with me, to avoid another miscarriage, and my prognosis was grim, but I am told, by most everyone, that i am the healthiest person they know. It wasn't always that way though.

Sefton10

Human milk is richer in whey (with less casein), lactose, vitamin C, niacin, vitamin E and has less total protein than cows milk. Feeding straight up goat or cow milk is never recommended. It could tax the immature kidneys of a small baby and cause anemia. I personally just think human milk is always best for human babies. If one can't breastfeed then there are donor milks, many Mom's overproduce and can store up a lot of breastmilk in the freezer to donate.
It always amazes me how low in protein breast milk is. Values for 100g.

Attachments

• B9470725-E3D1-4056-9D38-72AB4D0F0294.jpeg
    B9470725-E3D1-4056-9D38-72AB4D0F0294.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 38
OP
Rinse & rePeat
It always amazes me how low in protein breast milk is. Values for 100g.
I imagine it is because new babies have underdeveloped kidneys. Adults with kidney trouble have to limit proteins. I think babies are more needing brain food in the beginning. Being that we need less that half a gram of protein per pound of body weight a baby wouldn't need much protein in the beginning anyway.

Attachments

• 20210712_111951.jpg
    20210712_111951.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 18

Dr. B

This is the ingredients in baby formula!

Lactose, Vegetable Oils (including Structured Vegetable Oil), Skimmed Milk Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate (enriched in Alpha-Lactalbumin), Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin), Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Potassium Citrate, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin C, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-Tryptophan, Cytidine-5'-Monophosphate, L-Carnitine, Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Disodium Uridine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Niacin Adenosine-5'-Monophosphate, Pantothenic Acid, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Inosine-5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12.

"The manufacturers of pureed vegetables for babies used to put large amounts of salt, sugar, and monosodium glutamate into their products, because the added chemicals served as instinctual signals that made the material somewhat acceptable to the babies. There was no scientific basis for providing these vegetables to babies in a form that they would accept, but it was a profitable practice that was compatible with the social pressure against prolonged breast feeding." -Ray Peat
has Ray commented on how long we should be breast fed for? is it for two years?

Dr. B

I imagine it is because new babies have underdeveloped kidneys. Adults with kidney trouble have to limit proteins. I think babies are more needing brain food in the beginning. Being that we need less that half a gram of protein per pound of body weight a baby wouldn't need much protein in the beginning anyway.
then what can you even do? Ray advises high protein diets, how can adults with thyroid issues etc heal if they cant have much protein? arent kidney issues caused by thyroid issues in the first place? and Rays mentioned the importance of protein for thyroid function?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
then what can you even do? Ray advises high protein diets, how can adults with thyroid issues etc heal if they cant have much protein? arent kidney issues caused by thyroid issues in the first place? and Rays mentioned the importance of protein for thyroid function?
We are talking about babies. Their kidneys can't handle a lot of protein early on. Adults need more protein and even more in old age than a young age. I think kidney issues are from low sodium diets, to much unbalanced proteins creating uric acid and high oxalate diets.

Dr. B

what are egg flips?

We are talking about babies. Their kidneys can't handle a lot of protein early on. Adults need more protein and even more in old age than a young age. I think kidney issues are from low sodium diets, to much unbalanced proteins creating uric acid and high oxalate diets.

im responding to where you said "Adults with kidney trouble have to limit proteins". has Peat talked about how to heal kidney issues or even thyroid issues for people who cant eat much protein. does he advise taking thyroid first or something and then slowly adding protein