No Sense Of Smell

ejalrp

For as long as I can remember as an adult, I've had virtually no sense of smell and when I do, it's almost as if the smell needs to be very strong to register. I almost never simply detect ambient odors.

I've tried taking Zinc in the past as it seems to be THE recommendation for this condition but it has never helped. Anyone dealt with this issue. FWIW, I'm not chronically congested, just seem to be "deaf" to scent.

Thoushant

I had/have that problem for many years unnoticed.
Nose might actually sniff even more than just smell
I found out I had the problem, when it solved it self. I was trying to fix my posture and breathing.

I think it is to do how fast air crosses the nose, fast and hurried, nothing is detected, slow and there is time.

This is what I did back then.. still trying to do

Understanding the "right" Diaphragm and breathing movement
There are tests you can check yourself with, basiclly, it's about minimal chest and belly movement, but lateral expansion right at the last ribs.
And gradually lessens breaths needed pr minute with paced breathing apps
I followed Frolov's device manual for duration etc,
Normal Breathing Defeats Chronic Diseases
Inhales should be slow, so as air not to "sting" or dry the airway

I also think chronic sinus inflammation causes this. I've seen it in many people. Do you have allergies?

l-theanine seems to help allergies a lot. If it's brain serotonin that wants lowering, then the BCAA-tyrosine/l-phenylalanine/thiamine stack may help also.

I just popped a tianeptine pill and will see if I notice any change over the next few hours.

Good idea! In my experience I have not gained any smelling capacity from tianeptine, though.

OP
E

ejalrp

Over two hours later and I think there is a miniscule improvement in my sense of smell, but certainly no full 'cure'.

I don't know how many doses it would take to have any effect... maybe tianeptine sulfate? Or snorting tianeptine :ss maybe you could try opposing GABA with acetyl-carnitine. Or a hangover might work as well.

magnesiumania

Choline can give you a sense of smell. I'd be careful with supplemental zinc as it tends to stimulate too much Metallothionein which binds up all your copper.

Dobster

interesting topic, my wife has a similar problem, She thinks hers was induced by taking asthma drugs like ventolin, bricanyl etc.
Could that be the case ? What could help regain smell ?
Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals