No Reliable T3 Products Is A Huge Problem For Some

Some people do not tolerate t4, in fact, t4 can literally make hypothyroidism worse in people with conversion issues, as you may already know, so NDT or cynoplus/combo products can't work for some.

Cytomel by Grossman from Mexico was a gold standard product, which helped several people, sometimes saving lifes. Why no one cares about this issue? I, and many people, desperately need a working and strong t3 product. Nothing on the market that is available now is comparable. T3 supplementation can be a key part in recovery with Ray Peat ideas. I wonder what people using "recovering with t3" protocol are using now.

What's your input on this?

I have seen t3 powder is available, but it would be hard to dose 1-5mcgs out of it. If we have done our own products (haidut) of progesterone, pregnenolone, etc. can't we manufacture a t3 product? :)
It would be a millionaire business, and some places would actually permit that, i guess.

PS. sorry for the bad english if there are some mistakes

Blinkyrocket

Isn't the problem that you need a prescription for it? If it wasn't, Haidut could make it :D course it's probably harder than we think to make a bunch of stuff -_-

sunmountain

I am also puzzled by the seeming lack of pushback from the thousands of Grossman T3 users worldwide. I guess we are too sick to organize?

tara

sunmountain said:
I am also puzzled by the seeming lack of pushback from the thousands of Grossman T3 users worldwide. I guess we are too sick to organize?
And the medical/pharmaceutical establishments are powerful.

Stuart

tara said:
sunmountain said:
What is the T3 product that is available on prescription?

tara

Stuart said:
tara said:
sunmountain said:

Dunno, where you are. None where I am, as far as I can tell.

Stuart

tara said:
Stuart said:
tara said:
sunmountain said:

Thanks. It's probably in the disappearing Mexican T3 thread somewhere, but perhaps you can save me the trouble. Why did production stop? And if there's a market for it, why isn't there any big pharma alternative? Particularly if T4 just doesn't cut it for some people? Is there some perceived risk with T3 administration?
Also, I've been thinking of starting a new thread about anyone's experiences with the adaptogenic thyroid supports like Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) and Rhodolia Rosea and the more adrenal specific herb Tulsi (Holy Basil).
Has a herbal approach to thyroid optimization ever come up before?

tara

I speculate without definite evidence that there would be little profit for big pharma in producing a product that they cannot patent, and which might undermine demand for a host of patentable drugs designed to address symptoms in a long-term dependent way. I imagine they might be quite keen to have anything that is effective at restoring health hard to get.

I don't know why production stopped. There is more commentary on that other thread.

Haidut has a thread on thyroid surrogates. It include caffeine and aspirin and I can't remember what else.

OP
John Frusciante
Another spam message... Charlie is there a way to prevent this?
This user was already posting with 2 accounts from the same ip to spam about that website and now one more time. Seriously, one has to be very desperate to keep doing this all day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

ravster02

John Frusciante said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/94363/ Some people do not tolerate t4, in fact, t4 can literally make hypothyroidism worse in people with conversion issues, as you may already know, so NDT or cynoplus/combo products can't work for some.

Cytomel by Grossman from Mexico was a gold standard product, which helped several people, sometimes saving lifes. Why no one cares about this issue? I, and many people, desperately need a working and strong t3 product. Nothing on the market that is available now is comparable. T3 supplementation can be a key part in recovery with Ray Peat ideas. I wonder what people using "recovering with t3" protocol are using now.

I have seen t3 powder is available, but it would be hard to dose 1-5mcgs out of it. If we have done our own products (haidut) of progesterone, pregnenolone, etc. can't we manufacture a t3 product? :)
It would be a millionaire business, and some places would actually permit that, i guess.

Since you're in Italy, have you considered taking Liotir, a liquid t3 solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
John Frusciante
Yeah, I can't remember if it worked or not, probably not. I think liquid t3 products aren't that good, and also they degrade within 30 days or so.

answersfound

John Frusciante said:
Some people do not tolerate t4, in fact, t4 can literally make hypothyroidism worse in people with conversion issues, as you may already know, so NDT or cynoplus/combo products can't work for some.

Lol what are you talking about man. Stop spreading misinformation. Everyone can take desiccated thyroid. Everyone. People make it so complicated around here, taking only t3. Start with half a grain Or even a quarter of Armour thyroid if you can get it. And work your way up. Otherwise get nutrimeds or nutripak ornamerican biologics. Stop worrying about what ray takes and just use common sense. Take thyroid the way nature gave it to us. Recovering with t3 was written by some quack named Paul Robinson with some weird circadian garbage method. The thyroid madness people create more madness with their ridiculous website. Read broad Barnes book from the 1970's and eat the right foods and that's all you need to do.

OP
John Frusciante
You just don't know T4 is detrimental for some people if their liver doesn't know what to do with it. I'm not going to flame here as this message is also Off Topic. Just inviting you do read some quotes by Ray Peat on that, and yeah, it's not because Ray Peat said so. Then I agree that food can improve the conversion so people can tolerate T4, but that's another thing.

tara

answersfound said:
Lol what are you talking about man. Stop spreading misinformation. Everyone can take desiccated thyroid. Everyone. People make it so complicated around here, taking only t3. Start with half a grain Or even a quarter of Armour thyroid if you can get it. And work your way up. Otherwise get nutrimeds or nutripak ornamerican biologics. Stop worrying about what ray takes and just use common sense. Take thyroid the way nature gave it to us. Recovering with t3 was written by some quack named Paul Robinson with some weird circadian garbage method. The thyroid madness people create more madness with their ridiculous website. Read broad Barnes book from the 1970's and eat the right foods and that's all you need to do.

Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean others are not allowed theirs. If you are healthy enough that your method works for you, you are lucky. What works for some does not necessarily work for everyone.

Peat has said that optimal supplement ratios of T3:T4 can vary from person to person (and maybe over time), but often in the range 1:2 - 1:4 T3:T4. NDT seems to work well for many, but it is not possible to vary this proportion, and I think it is generally more T4 than those ranges. For people that are very dependent on it, these distinctions may sometimes be important. The reliability of dosing may also be important, and Peat has said he is not aware of any NDT product that controls this the way the old Armour thyroid was.

ilovethesea

sunmountain said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/94547/ I am also puzzled by the seeming lack of pushback from the thousands of Grossman T3 users worldwide. I guess we are too sick to organize?

Where would they push back to? Every thyroid forum I've browsed in the past months has threads complaining about this issue and people desperate for alternate T3 sources. Big pharma and the US government would love to see foreign pharmacies shut down and have people actively working for those purposes (I posted about that in the other thread) so it's not like there is any legitimate way to organize.

Look up John Horton, he is mentioned here viewtopic.php?t=3680 and I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the source of the so called "regulatory problems" of Grossman labs.

ilovethesea

Stuart said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/94619/
tara said:
Stuart said:
tara said:
sunmountain said:

Thanks. It's probably in the disappearing Mexican T3 thread somewhere, but perhaps you can save me the trouble. Why did production stop? And if there's a market for it, why isn't there any big pharma alternative? Particularly if T4 just doesn't cut it for some people? Is there some perceived risk with T3 administration?
Also, I've been thinking of starting a new thread about anyone's experiences with the adaptogenic thyroid supports like Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) and Rhodolia Rosea and the more adrenal specific herb Tulsi (Holy Basil).
Has a herbal approach to thyroid optimization ever come up before?

Pfizer makes a T3 that is available by Rx in US and Canada. I think US generic is called Mylan. There's no generic T3 in Canada. I don't know about other countries.

I think most T3 users are taking Tiromel now if they can't get an Rx. Either that or switched to NDT.

I guess you've never asked a doctor for T3 ever. Here's what you could expect: http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2015/05/01 ... -children/ They either treat you like a child, a crazy person or a crack addict. It's so stupid when SSRIs are handed out like candy no blood tests required.

Pharma companies don't want people taking T3 instead of Synthroid because it would be extremely bad for business, just think of all the health conditions with fancy names that require new drugs and have hypothyroidism as the underlying cause.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals