No Relationship Between Dietary Linoleic Acid Intake And Tissue Arachidonic Acid Content

Daft

Oh some reason I misinterpreted the wording on your original question. Yes you're right I got it wrong originally.

Daft

Oh and now I remember, I had a horrible time when fresh Salmon was cheap in the summer once I ate it near daily, I found out later it has by far the worst AA content up to 300mg/100g, worse than any of the meats. I'm not sure if it was the sole cause but at the time highly suspicious, and frankly still am, and thought it was an interesting finding in line with whats talked about regarding fatty fish here often.

lvysaur

Isn't there reason to believe more AA will lead to more inflammatory prostaglandins?
Probably yea, and they'd have more inflammatory markers because they'd have more AA. Not because their enzyme for converting AA is more active. It's the enzyme for converting linoleic to AA that's more active.

I have an aversion to chicken thighs and pork thighs, and it doesn't really go away when I take aspirin (which blocks COX enzymes). I guess this could mean that my body still senses the deleterious effects of leukotrienes that would be synthesized from the AA? But counterintuitively I also tend to crave high-LA foods like mayonnaise and fried stuff while taking aspirin, and afaik aspirin doesn't block the desaturation of LA to AA.

I sometimes crave AA foods when I'm sick. But I haven't really recorded/noticed this enough that I'm super confident in the pattern.

Farmed salmon has more pollutants, and the fat concentrates it. When I eat the fatty chunks from farmed salmon or char, it literally tastes like pollution lol. The fat from sockeye is tolerable. Come to think of it, this might explain my aversion to chicken/pork fat as well, and perhaps toxins are preferentially concentrated in PUFA stores as opposed to SFA stores, since the former tend to not be metabolized.

Daft

I think you could just not like the taste of those fatty foods, additionally. I think alot of people get tired of them eventually or outright don't find them that great, ie oily fatty foods. Especially chicken thighs and pork cuts. Too oily too fatty, people have a good compass with cravings and aversions. I mainly ate the chicken thighs because chicken breast is the opposite extreme and when you cook bulk they tend to overcook and dry out which digests very poorly, whereas in the thighs the fats prevent error in that regard. But the high fat and AA are just unsustainable and damaging... Good riddance.
I'm sure there's a reason chicken thighs are never featured as suggested meats for paleo diets. If someone based theirs on those it would reliably fail I think.

Oh god it's coming back to me now... I used duck fat to cook in a nearby period as well... so much AA, like that's the motherload concentrate of it... Fattened me up rapidly too... Yikes trials and tribulations lol...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals